“Lovely quaint spa”
Review of Imagine Spa

Imagine Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hazlewood
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely small spa. Service was good and therapist friendly and personable. Nice relaxation room with tea/coffee & water.

All reviews
"sophie"
in 3 reviews
"raindrop"

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I redeemed my birthday spa voucher this weekend and me and my partner headed to Hazelwood Castle for some quality time together. Prompted by the staff when booking, we arrived at 2pm to have afternoon tea before our treatments at 4pm. We arrived at reception and were told to take a seat and someone would be out to take our order. after 25 minutes of sat in the garden trying to grab someone's attention, my partner went into the restaurant to make them aware we were waiting. After a further 10 minutes, our order was finally taken. When our afternoon tea arrived, honestly, it was rather disappointing. Sad sandwiches and tiny scones. We didn't hang around and headed over for our treatments earlier than planned. Luckily, the girls in the spa took very good care of us and made our first spa experience very enjoyable. I just expected a bit more. The castle is such a grand, beautiful place - I just expected the service to match.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Went for a 'spa afternoon and afternoon tea' with a couple of friends. Not really sure how they can call it a 'spa'. It is a mud chamber with a couple of treatment rooms and a dingy relaxing area with self serve cold tea and coffee. There was absolutely nothing to do and it would be impossible to spend a day there. Afternoon tea was served in the hotel lounge which was 'adequate' but not exceptional. The location and grounds at the castle are beautiful, but inside is looking a little tired.

1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed 22 April 2018

My daughter made a booking here for the Mum And Me… Spa Day for two package on the 08/03. This booking was made after a three days of my daughter trying to call, leaving messages and attempting to email through. Once she finally got through to the reception she was advised that the email system was down. My daughter eventually made the mother’s day booking with a member of the staff and was advised that they were fully booked at the time around mothers day and she could only book for the following month.

The booking was then made for 13/04, arrival time 11:45, her payments was taken. She received no confirmation via mail or email . On 09/04 she called to check the booking was going ahead and they confirmed that we would arrive on this day and were due to arrive 11:45AM.

We had booked the day off of work to celebrate a late mother’s day however she received a call that morning at 9:08 to advised that one of the therapists had broken their arm therefore our booking and all others that day would have to be cancelled and we would have to re-scheduled another day, which would mean taking another day off of work and the possibility that we would have to wait another month for a booking.

As we had taken time off from work we decided to make our own alternative arrangements for the same day and therefore decided to call the Spa back to obtain a refund. My daughter called back straight away and she was advised that she would have to wait for a manager to call her the following Monday, as the lady working didn’t have the authorisation to do so. My daughter ended up having to email a complaint in the following week as they didn't get in touch and when she did a woman called and just took the refund details but it could take 2 weeks !!!! No formal apology received and still waiting for the refund and I am deeply disappointed in the service or lack of that I have received. Not to mention the time taken from work and the disappointment caused to myself and daughter. I cant believe 1 person being off ill means they would close the business and lose £100s of business. Certainly wont be trying there again !

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

I brought my mum here for a Mother’s Day spa day in May 2016. I can honestly say it’s the nicest place I have ever been, I fantasise about having my wedding there one day. The massage is the best I’ve ever had and the ladies that work there are so friendly and nice. The castle and it’s grounds are beautiful and it’s in a stunning location! I paid for a package deal but we spent all day there. Afternoon tea was so nice, I could have it a thousand times over and we had it in a really old historic room in the castle followed by a tour from one of the staff members. I am absolutely desperate to come back and would love to bring my boyfriend one day to stay over.

1  Thank christiejanex