US$248
  • Restaurant
US$84
US$77
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
US$144
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
US$98
US$96
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$108/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
Travelodge Skipton(Skipton)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$137
Travelodge
All reviewswedding venueafternoon teasecret doorvictoria roomhistory tourrose roomwedding breakfastgrounds are stunningwedding guestsmud treatmentsteeped in historybridal suitemain buildingfour poster bedsitting roomlarge bathroomspecial occasion
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went there with our grandson for a special treat but were very disappointed.
We arrived in the middle of a corporate tennis match to find the resident car park full and the non-resident one almost full. We managed to park and then had to walk around the tennis court to Reception. Having checked in and directed to our room we asked how to get luggage from our car and were told “it’s not far to walk around the tennis court !”
We had intended to dine in but the menu, although extensive, did not really cater for vegetarians or vegans. We ate out in Tadcaster- superb Indian curry house!
We enquired about the advertised “activities “ but were advised to call an external number to book anything.
Our room was lovely, the only negative point was a poor flushing loo. I mentioned it at check out but was told “we know about it and it’s been fixed “. If it had been fixed I wouldn’t be mentioning it!!
Overall a lovely place with lovely garden and grounds but the staff (we only met Reception staff) were not at all receptive. The place seems more suited to corporate events than overnight visitors.
Don’t go there for a special night

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Hazlewood-Manager, Manager at Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your views on TripAdvisor, I am sorry the event in the grounds inconvenienced your stay, we believe we are the perfect venue for a special stay, it is by receiving feedback from guests at the hotel, we are best able to address guest concerns. I am sorry you were not looked after as we would want you to be on this occasion.

The activities are operated by Live for Today, an outdoor adventure company, these are all bookable by their website, I will discuss with the team here how best we can facilitate bookings by guests at the hotel.

Once again thank you for your views.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fantastic day at an event held by berry’s for the tennis classic on the 27 of June 18 ...which also was a memorable day being our 31st wedding anniversary so we decided to stay overnight, but this morning I felt rather angry we went downstairs at 9am the gentleman seated us in the corner of the room other guests arrived after us and was seated and served promptly 15 minutes later I thought it rather rude he’d served other guests and hadn’t even acknowledged after he’d told us we’re to sit so we decided to leave, told him the service was poor and said we’d waited over 15 minutes he practically accused us of lying and said we hadn’t by this time I was getting rather peed off I don’t lie no need to lie so said to him well let’s go and ask the other guests shall we he stepped in my way saying he’s not getting other people involved I was seething by this time anyway I had to walk away went to reception told her the story she was apologetic and said well yes you had passed me some time ago ( we had actually asked her the way to restaurant) so she knew what time we’d passed her so instead of the man saying sorry I’d missed you he’d Basically said we was lying which in a castle of supposedly high standards I find appalling � would I go again?? Definitely not .....

Stayed: June 2018

Thank you for your review following your recent stay, we are delighted you enjoyed the Tennis event, we very mush hope it will be come an annual event.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with elements of the visit, thank you for the feedback, myself and the team will work hard to address your concerns, whereby we can better improve the whole guest experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a 2 day corporate event held at Hazlewood Castle in June. The service, hospitality, meeting room space, food and location was just wonderful. The staff couldn't do enough to help from booking to the actual event on the day. The venue is just off the A64/A1M and is very easy to find and is very private, set in beautiful spacious gardens. Our experience was excellent. Its somewhere we would certainly use again for a work event.

Room Tip: a range of bedrooms from standard to four poster and spacious.....
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your review following your recent event, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the castle. The team will be thrilled to read your comments, I will be sure to share with them.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A wonderful location in a historic castle with beautiful grounds. The large room was nicely furnished although the old fashioned sash windows were reluctant to stay open in the hot weather. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent although I would have liked to see more of the fresh vegetables advertised as being grown on the premises . The breakfast buffet was excellent

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review following your recent stay, I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the castle. The team will be thrilled to read your comments, I will be sure to share with them.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked here for our wedding anniversary as we wanted something a bit special.
Beautiful building and grounds but we were left disappointed at the facilities.
We didn’t book or use the Spa so this isn’t a review of that.
After checking in we went down to the restaurant bar for a drink and were disappointed with the lack of drinks to choose from.
We then went to the main bar in the hotel which had a much better choice of drinks only to be told we couldn’t use it as the room it was in was booked for a function.
We were told however we could tell a member of staff what we wanted and they would bring it to us, but how do you know what you want if you don’t know what drinks are available.
We went back to the restaurant bar to ask for a cocktail menu only to be told they didn’t do cocktails.
Later on we went for the evening meal in the restaurant.
The food was really nice,nicely cooked and well presented.
We ordered drinks to accompany the meal but for some reason had to wait ages for these to arrive including a bottle of water to go with the meal.
It also seemed other people sat nearby experienced the same thing.
The waitress in charge was really good and apologised for the delay and took the drinks off the bill,thank you.
The other staff just didn’t seem to be up to speed and we were asked twice what deserts we wanted after already ordering.
We had big expectations for this place but it seemed it wasn’t to be.
Sorry to say I don’t think we will be returning anytime soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank simon s

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I am sorry you felt disappointed with the service you received, it is by receiving feedback we are best able to improve what we offer.

Once again thank you for your views.

Your sincerely