“Good getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Exterior
Sun lougers Views from the patio
Check Availability
Wood burning fire
Kitchen with breakfast bar
Downstairs bathroom
Playing field
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

moss b
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good getaway”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I recently booked this property to celebrate my birthday with my girlfriend we just wanted a quiet place to getaway a chill for a few days and this little barn conversion did the job, the location is ideal not to far from Chester yet very peaceful the set up is nice however I would say this is more suitable for a couple as there is only one bedroom which is upstairs and everything is open plan except the bathroom which does lead out into the lounge area. The facilities are adequate we dined out mostly however I did cook one night and the kitchen is equipped enough to cook most meals but lacks an onsite freezer I believe there is access to one on request but I didn't fancy running out to the freezer every time I needed ice in my drink . Everything else is great really enjoyed the view from the patio doors and the fire, will definitely be returning again sometime hopefully soon.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
27 Jan 2017
Hi
We have now installed a fridge freezer inside the barn.
Amy G
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“False Advertisment”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Myself and my boyfriend booked to stay here as it was in a good location and it had everything we needed. We thought.

There was no freezer, washer or dryer as advertised. This was a huge inconvenience for us as we had freezer food, we also wished to wash and dry clothes as we both work long hours throughout the week.

When coming to watch a DVD, there was no DVD player. 2 hours after requesting a DVD player from the owner, a young girl knocked on with a Play Station. Yes you can play a DVD through a play station, but it's not a DVD player.

If I would have known these things before going here, I would not have stayed so I won't be staying again.

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
3 Feb 2016
Hi Amy
I am sorry to hear about your experience.

Just to let you know, we have a full family size fridge freezer and washer dryer available for the exclusive use of our guests. All you needed to do is just ask for it!

Regarding the DVD player- We have gone for PS3 as it allows the guests to enjoy more from its various functions than a mere DVD player. I apologise for my daughter not bringing it round quickly enough.

On a separate note, I hope you enjoyed the secure and quiet location of the barn, the ample space it provides, large king size bed, uninterrupted views of the Cheshire countryside and the wood burning fireplace.

Once again please accept my sincere aplology. I would like to reassure the travelling community out there that we have put adequate corrective measures in place to prevent recurrence.
thx
bona
linda6420...
Bawtry, United Kingdom
“This is not a 2 bedroom property!”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Firstly, I ought to say that this property is spacious and well-furnished, and in a great position overlooking the Cheshire countryside.
However, it does not have 2 bedrooms as advertised. One 'bedroom' is actually the loft space over the kitchen/living/shower room and is open plan to it, that is, no door and therefore no privacy. The second so-called 'bedroom' is actually the sofa-bed in the living area. The double and single bed in the loft area together with the sofa-bed, and a blow-up mattress kept under the open-tread stairs, constitute what is described as 'sleeping up to 6'! For the four of us, all adults, who stayed here over Christmas (my daughter had a Christmas baby) it was very unsatisfactory. This property can only, in my view, accommodate 2 adults and possibly a small child. The description of it is misleading.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Jan 2016
Hi
First of all, thank you very much for your positive observations on the property namely the location, furnishing and the ample space it offers. I do agree with you that the description is rather misleading and apologise for the same. However, as you mentioned, there is ample space and enough beds to accommodate 6 guests. We are in the process of adding another bedroom which will truly make it a two bed room property.
Once again, I thank you for your positive observations and apologise for the error in description of the property. I shall take suitable steps to amend it.
Thanks
Bona
pbharriso...
Kent
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 2 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Hi,

I would like to caveat this review with two very important points:
1) I would most definitely stay here again for this price
2) I did not contact the owners at any point regarding the following comments, and I am sure they would have rectified them.

The rental was excellent value, and was really easy to fell like a home away from home. There was only 3 things that let it down, 2 are easy to fix:
1) It was cleaned, but the little details were not. The hovering mainly was not all the way to the edges.
2) a few things mentioned on the website were only available on request. This is fine, but should have been clearer as I would not want to knock eveytime I needed access to the freezer had we brought frozen items
3) although its location is only 15mns drive from Chester, getting food deliveries is not ideal, so if you have a young family with early bedtimes, be prepared to cook.

All that said though, we are now aware, and I would not hesitate to return and have already recommended it to family.

Travelling group: Young Children
10 Nov 2015
Hi
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Following your review, we have put in practice the following:
I have asked the cleaners to be more thorough with their work.
We have also made provision for the key to the laundry area (For washer, dryer and freezer) to be available to the guests without having the need to ask us.
I hope the above improvements will help all the future guests at Hillside in enjoying their stay to the full.
Bona
Jay K
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Perfect, secluded, long or short-stay accommodation close to all amenities!”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We wanted a pet-friendly property with private surroundings and easy access to Chester for a two-night stay meeting up with family. This area was new to us and I left it late to book.
So lucky to find this lovely, spacious and comfortable barn conversion only 10 minutes from the city! Everything about this experience was easy and stress-free from booking on-line to checking in and out of the property. We were warm and cosy in minutes, thanks to
the lovely lounge wood-burner. We invited our family over for a meal on the 2nd day and they loved it. They thought it was extremely good value for money in comparison to their
hotel and would try to book it in the future. We would highly recommend this experience!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall space, comfort and outdoor freedom.
Liked least: There was nothing to dislike!
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing