All reviews seaside suite chocolate room writers room small hotel lovely hotel durdle door wine cellar lulworth cove scallops allocated parking daily specials superior room car park elevated position garden room steep climb dorset apple cake
Reviewed 10 November 2014

A lovely hotel. The staff were great and extremely helpful and the hotel is immaculately clean. The hotel is situated in a pretty spot with lovely views and great walks close by. We had a meal in the local, the Castle Inn on the first night. Food was average but the collection of cider they had on offer more than made up for it. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Saturday and had an excellent meal. The chef is very talented and clearly enjoys his work. We took the dogs, but left them in the car overnight as the room would have been a little on the cosy side for the four of us. If you are a light sleeper then the Chocolate room's shortcomings in sound insulation may be a cause for concern. If it were not for the disturbances of "hotel sounds" in the night then I would have awarded 5 stars.

Room tip: Chocolate Room - very clean, comfortable, with good access to garden but noisy at night.
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EJW2901, General Manager at Limestone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your excellent review.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Limestone Hotel and also enjoyed our restaurant. We are very lucky to be situated in such a lovely area with fantastic walks from the hotel. I am so sorry you were disturbed by noise in the night. The whole hotel is usually very quiet and we rarely have noise issues.

I do hope this has not deterred you from choosing Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2014

If only all hotels could get it right like The Limestone Hotel has..!

Our room was on the small side, but bathroom more than adequate. Very cosy, clean and comfortable. Staff excellent - shown to our room, maps for walking provided and breakfast was a delight. Location is beautiful. Would recommend thoroughly, although I would upgrade to bigger room if available. Truly deserves all the good reviews it has received.

Date of stay: September 2014

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Limestone. Your fantastic review and kind words serve as motivation to the whole team, that work so hard to ensure every guest has an enjoyable time.

I do agree our standard room are on the small side but we have tried our best to make them as comfortable as possible for short stays.

Thank you once again for your fantastic review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the future.

Very best wishes,

Reviewed 5 November 2014 via mobile

Great location, incredible quality of service and excellent food. Daily fresh seafood direct from the Lulworth Cove. Cannot think in a better place for a pleasant Dorset weekend. Recommend the England breakfast and also the limestone specialty breakfast.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Limestone Hotel & Restaurant and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2014

What a wonderful place, tastefully decorated with such attention to detail - including the delightful idea of the breakfast menu.Excellent food in the restaurant.(Don't forget to book your table though, we did and ate in the local pub - Not recommended!!) The staff are so welcoming and cheery you feel you're among friends, and although they are busy they have a way of making it appear that it is just you they are focussed on. A great team and it may be wrong to pick out one person in particular but Steven is a gem, the most attentive, without being obtrusive, young man who really looked after us well. (And carves the best pumkins!!) Thank you everyone, including the kitchen, for such a fantastic stay.

Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank karen l

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your fantastic trip advisor review!

I am so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and were so well looked after by the team. The chef's, Alain & Jon will be especially pleased to read your comments about the food.

Thank you once again for your kind words and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Limestone Hotel & Restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

Wanted something near the sea and found this, was a night away for my wife's birthday. Had arranged flowers a few weeks before and these guys didn't disappoint. Extremely helpful and even made suggestions and added a balloon to her flowers, we stayed in the writers room with a great view over the hills. The food in the restaurant is incredibly good and well presented and a varied menu. Cannot praise the staff highly enough. They even do a picnic to which we took down to Lulworth Cove. Beautiful hotel, great views and great staff. Will definitely be going back.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer (apologies trip advisor does not allow me to address you by name)

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and everything worked out for you as planned.

We will always try our best to accommodate any special requests our guests may have, and it is wonderful to receive such feedback and to hear everything went as planned.

The rest of the team involved were delighted to hear your comments when I shared your review at our weekly meeting.

Thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Limestone for another memorable and well deserved break.

Very best wishes,