Free cancellation until 01/08
US$170
US$84
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Ryokan
2 057
1 191
2 057
1 191
All reviewstrain stationkansai airportthe executive loungenamba parksexcellent locationdepartment storeconvenient locationswissotel nankaidirect accessshopping malltop floorhotel lobbynespresso machinepillow menuwalking distancenamba areashops and restaurants
24 - 29 of 3 635 reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Swissotel Osaka was perfect. It was easy to get to by train from the Kansai Airport. The location was perfect since I wanted to take the train to/from Kyoto, Nara, and Tokyo. The hotel was spotless and beautifully decorated. My room had spectacular views, as all the rooms. It was spacious and beautifully appointed. I had a nice welcoming note with some delicious fruit from the hotel manager. All guest contact employees spoke perfect English and were very courteous using my name to greet me at all times. They were very hellpful planning my daily sight seeing as well. I can't say enough good things about this hotel and how instrumental it was in making my travel to Japan so memorable.

Room Tip: Not to worry, all rooms are good size and recently redecorated.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Swissotel_Osaka_Mgt, Director of Quality at Swissotel Nankai Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Brian H,

Thank you very much for sharing your staying experience. I am pleased to read that your overall stay met your expectations. Also, I am delighted that our team members were courteous and greeting you by name! Comments like yours will surely be an additional source of motivation for them and I will be sure to pass your compliments! It will be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back at Swissôtel Nankai Osaka, for many years to come!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I stayed for four nights at the hotel. It was easy to get there from KIX via Nankai rail which stops directly at Namba station and the hotel is a short elevator ride away. Lobby is on 6th floor. Check-in and out was smooth and hassle free.They provided a room upgrade which was very nice. It was a refurbished room.

Room and bed was very comfortable. Slept well. Shower and toilet very well maintained (it's Swissotel after all!). Nespresso machine in room. Overall, a very comfortable stay. As there were lots of things to see and do we didn't get to spend any time using or visiting the hotel facilities.

Room is equipped with everything that one would expect in a top notch hotel. One minor thing is there isn't instructions in English to operate the room safe however small issue. I would stay there on my next visit due to the excellent location and nice room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear gtp-op75,

Thank you very much for posting a review here on TripAdvisor and mentioning many detailed information about Swissôtel Nankai Osaka. Your feedback will be very helpful for all other travelers and we very much appreciate your positive highlights. I am glad that we were able to offer you a memorable stay. Further, I took note of your comment regarding the safe in our guest rooms and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Comments like yours are very important as they help us identifying if our products meet the guests requirements and if the instructions are easy to understand. We will certainly look further into this to ensure our guests are provided with the proper explanations. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we would be pleased to welcome you again many more times.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stayed for 4 nights during holiday in Osaka. Booked this hotel direct from the hotel website. The room I stayed in is clean and comfortable. Only complaint was the pillow. Found it a bit too small. The shower was great with strong powerful water.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com

Dear Vincent2727,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent stay. I am glad to learn you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of the hotel location. I also took note of your remark pertaining to the pillow and I apologize for any discomfort caused. Kindly note that we have different types of pillow available for our guests that we would be glad to recommend you on your future stays. Please do not hesitate ask our team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Four stars for the hotel and five stars for the location. We were only in Osaka for 3 days and the best decision was to stay here. Everything you need or could want is within walking distance. The hotel itself is really well presented and easy to get in and out. The rooms were a little tired but I’m being picky. Plenty of space and great views of Osaka. The bars are excellent and the coffee served is hot! In all, a great experience and would recommend. We did not have breakfast in the hotel as there are so many options within 200 metres and far cheaper. The reception and concierge were terrific and helpful every time. Language was no problem.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 889tonyp,

Thank you very much for choosing Swissôtel Nankai Osaka and for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate your kind comments about our Front Desk and Concierge team, which will be an encouragement to them who strive to make each guest experience as unique as possible. We definitely look forward to welcoming you again whenever your travel brings you back to Osaka!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We stayed here for two non-consecutive nights with an separate overnight stay at a Buddhist Temple at Mount Koya. The staff were very helpful and looked after our cases so we could travel to the mountain with an overnight bag. On our final evening at the Swissotel, they also forwarded our luggage to our airport hotel before we set off again with a small bag for a one night stay in Hakone. They were very efficient and kind. We came from Kyoto by train and got very lost looking for the hotel when we reached Nankai Namba Station. Nankai Namba Station has 32 exits and hundreds of shops. Swissotel has three entrances from the station all different levels. If possible arrive by taxi. One evening we had the evening buffet in Tavola36. The food and service was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Swissotel_Osaka_Mgt, Director of Quality at Swissotel Nankai Osaka, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear saf51,

Greetings from Swissôtel Nankai Osaka! I am delighted to read that you had an excellent stay. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our team members as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. On another note, I am sorry to learn about the inconvenience when finding our hotel entrance. Kindly note that we also provide transportation guides on our official website from different arrival points. Also, our Concierge team is always happy to advise you with directions prior to your arrival. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back!