Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/08/13
Booking.comUS$167
Expedia.comUS$167
PricelineUS$163
All reviews western buffet train line excellent stay room temperature shopping mall the ground floor camellia tenjin amenities lobby japan station english luggage toiletries basement
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020

I think "good" would be the best word to describe the overall quality of the place. We flew in from Hong Kong so it was something of a shock to be in such a subdued environment. English-language skills were almost universally lacking. People seemed to scurry away when they thought you were approaching with a question. Having said that, the room was good, if a little antiquated, and the breakfast was okay.

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank Pinkmoon7
Okura-Fukuoka, 支配人 at Hotel Okura Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Thank you for your staying.Also We are happy to hear your high satisfaction about breakfast and our rooms.
However we are sorry for the incovinence caused by our staff's poor English level that has to be more trained as the international hotel.We will share your important comments to our staffs and do our best effort to improve.
We do hope that we are able to serve you again.

Reviewed 18 January 2020

very central with friendly and efficient staff
comfortable room for 3 ...no complaints
Breakfast was either Japanese or Western...we enjoyed both
easy to obtain taxis as there is a taxi queue.
within 10min walk over the river to shopping e.G Don Quoixte and eating e.g. Ichiran

Room tip: choose non smoking higher floors
Date of stay: January 2020
Okura-Fukuoka, 支配人 at Hotel Okura Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2020

Thank you for your staying and taking the time to share your kind review with us.
All our staffs are very happy to hear your high satisfaction about our staffs,our rooms and location . We will keep Japanese "OMOTENASHI(kindness and freandly)" service and your comfortable staying next time too.
We do hope that we are able to serve you again and your coming back to Fukuoka.

Reviewed 6 December 2019

This was my first time in a decade staying at an Okura, and on the whole I was pleased, if a little bemused. Although I read a review about the lack of usb ports in the rooms, my room came with a combo lighting and mini usb cord next to the control unit/alarm clock on the bedside table. The staff, particularly in the lobby and reception are truly practitioners of Omotenashi. They are pleasant, courteous, and helpful, but never servile. The wait staff at the Camellia restaurant at breakfast is spotty. Sometimes I couldn’t get a second cup of coffee, although I know enough of the language to request it in polite Japanese; other times the server was practically hovering at my elbow with a steaming carafe of coffee at the ready. The major issue with the breakfast is that the western buffet is extremely limited and everything is served cold. Not room temperature: cold. Others have mentioned this in their reviews, but management has not corrected the issue, therefore my 3 star rating. The rooms are pleasant in a kind of retro ladies powder room or boudoir way, but could use a refresh: the carpet in my room was very worn. The bathroom was small, and surprisingly old fashioned for such a seemingly modern building. The main issue in the room for me was clutter: so much information and amenities were provided that there was actually very little empty space for your own things, particularly in the bathroom, where most of the sink counter is taken up with items you may never use or need.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 1 August 2019

This review is based on two separate stays within a few days - one night in a Standard Double room and two nights in a Standard Twin room.

The Okura is conveniently located between the city centers of Hakata and Tenjin, adjacent to the Nakasukawabata subway station (with underground access through a shopping mall). It's a full service hotel with a grand lobby, multiple restaurants and bars, a gym and swimming pool (not complimentary). We tried the Hakatagawa lounge & bar on the G/F which featured a more contemporary decor than the rest of the hotel and served decent drinks. There are plenty of shops, cafés and restaurants in walking distance.

The Standard Double is a lot smaller than the identically priced Standard Twin room so the latter is definitely recommended.
Pros: Practical design; good sound insulation; quality toiletries and towels; ocean view (on 11/F); complimentary newspaper; comprehensive minibar.
Cons: Iron and ironing board only provided upon request; small and old-school bathroom; carpet floor; only two bottles of water provided; small TV.

During our second stay we had an incident: Right after check-in we took a nap and after waking up, we noticed two small, apple seed shaped black bugs crawling on the pillow and the duvet. While I couldn't confirm that they were bed bugs, I rather wanted to be safe than sorry so I immediately went down to the reception to inform the staff and request a new room. Within 10 min a staff member came up and showed us to our new room. While the situation was swiftly dealt with, there was no further action beyond a minor acknowledgement during check-out. I hope a proper pest control protocol is in place to ensure that no infestation can take root.

Staff are generally friendly, attentive and professional, and have a decent level of English. Any request (e.g. for extra towels) was promptly dealt with. The concierge was helpful in recommending and making reservations at quality restaurants nearby.

Despite the mixed feelings the bug incident left me with, I can still recommend this hotel given the dearth of premium options in Fukuoka. It's a positive flashback to the days of formal, full service hotels with early 90ies decor.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver M
Okura-Fukuoka, 支配人 at Hotel Okura Fukuoka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2019

All our staffs are very happy to hear your high satisfaction about our service and location.We will devote ourselves every day so that we can greet you in perfect condition at your next stay. We will keep Japanese "OMOTENASHI(kindness and freandly)" service for your comfortable staying next time too.
We do hope that we are able to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2019

Being a regular guest of this magnificent 5 Star Okura Hotel with great Camelia restaurant, Japanese restaurant and Chinese restaurant, I find myself returning time and again.
That was until Jung- the Korean Front Reception decided to be mean, small hearted and petty with me!!! I was informed by her upon checkin that I am not entitled for breakfast despite being a One Harmony member. Which is fine. Like every restaurants, menu starts at 11am and since it was a Sunday, with all the weekend crowds, my food was a bit slow in arriving. I called down to Reception to extend from 12pm checkout to 1pm since it was already 11:45am and my food was nowhere in sight. Jung was so shrill and condescending in giving me a resounding ‘NO’!?! I tried to reason with her that the food is a bit slow today and I would try my best to finish it as soon as possible; but instead of empathising with my hunger and extending a little courtesy, she adamantly and authoritatively ordered me to CANCEL MY ORDER!?!?! She cannot be reasoned with, cannot be pleaded nor bargained with!
Is this how a 5 Star Hotel Front Reception carries herself?
The bellman arrived to collect my baggages and as I was about to leave, my food trolley arrives. I called down to Jung, to let me finish my food first but only to have her demanding my check out! I was Livid!!!!

Date of stay: July 2019