See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The hotel is located close to a train station and about 15 minutes from center town. Staff is very helpful and attentionate and the rooms are big enough compared to standard Japanese hotels. One thing that really needs improvement however is the standard of the rooms that really look dated and the carpet rug also needs to be changed

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Albert587
宿泊 神, Guest Relations Manager at Ariston Hotel Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Albert587

Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Rest ensured, that we will take your feedback for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit. Be informed, that we will enhance our rooms area in the coming weeks for even more comfort. All the best and see you soon!

Warm regards

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Hotel room very clean and big. Have all necessary toiletries provided. Ladies were given extra face care products. Front desk very helpful and courteous. Is a great location. Would definitely visit again. Many restaurants around hotel vicinity. And convenient stores are all within walking distance. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank fortravel885
宿泊 神, Guest Relations Manager at Ariston Hotel Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear fortravel885,

We are delighted to read your great experience at Ariston Hotel Kobe.
Thank you very much for highly recommending our hotel here on TripAdvisor® and for highlighting your wonderful praises about the service of our experience.
We are also glad to read that you enjoyed as well as the amenities (extra face care products) received upon arrival.
Our team is pleased to read that you also enjoyed the location and served by our team.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back.
We certainly look forward to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I just stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend while we visit Kobe.
I love this hotel located at a quiet town but not faraway from downtown. (Better than stay in Sannomiya) Room was big and clean. Kobe Port Liner was a pleasant experience and was not crowded at all. Of course, you can take an adventure on this artificial island with this hotel!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KurokiFumikazu
宿泊 神, Front Office Manager at Ariston Hotel Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear KurokiFumikazu:
It was our pleasure to have been your home away from home for your family during the a night at The Ariston Hotel Kobe.
Thank you sincerely for highlighting our hotel , location, newly renovating rooms, and also improving Concierge service. I will be happy to share your comments with our Ladies and Gentlemen!
I hope you can visit us again in the near future and try out our hotel & services !

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

The building outside looks modern, but inside time has stopped some 20 years ago.
This hotel will benefit from complete interior renovations: Rugs are dusty and spotted, bathroom is worn, mechanical door locks, old electrical control center in the room with fixed stations radio and old push buttons to turn off room lights, very limited control over air condition (only fan speed control, no temperature controls) etc.
However, the staff does its best to keep it clean, staff is welcoming and helpful, and wifi has a strong signal and is fast.
So I would consider it a basic hotel with aa good location and reasonable price.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Nirnat
宿泊 神, Front Office Manager at Ariston Hotel Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear Nir N,

Thank you for going out of your way to write us a review. I appreciate you mentioning our prime location and cordial hotel staff. I'm sorry to know though that you find our hotel a bit shabby particularly the bathrooms. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. I'm still grateful that you chose to stay with us and I hope that we can win back your heart and try us again in your future travels.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

So stayed here for a meeting for 3 nights, as it was a reasonably affordable option near our location that the host was suggesting. Unfortunately I found a number of issues that would cause me not to recommend it. First and foremost was the primary reason for renting a hotel room, a good night's sleep, and this is where they fell short. The bed was a frame with a cross between a box spring and mattress, shallow and hard. The pillows were one option only and went flat quickly, which did not work well with the almost mattress, and the room had no temperature control. The last item was really frustrating in that there was no temperature control, only a fan speed (which barely moved air even on highest speed). To make it worse though the dail was labeled air conditioning but in fact was fan speed, so turning wide open to at least get air flow, in fact made it worse as it circulated the hot air. All this made for miserable sleeping, and a number of our party stayed here, with everyone I asked indicating the same issue... concluding the hotel design itself is flawed. In my case a temperature delta of 20 degree F from outside was maintained throughout the night, running in the upper 70s.

Many other issues also, simply bullet noted below:

Limited outlets
Bathroom arrangement was very clumsy
Room security was 20th century,
keys on sticks with hotel name and number on it
Older furniture, felt like 50s
Breakfast was OK, not just cereals, but no variety day by day

Good points were that staff was friendly and tried to help. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was okay, not just cereal, but no variety day by day

One of my longer reviews here, but can't stress enough how disappointing this hotel was. I almost recorded a 1 star, but the general upkeep was there, and there weren't bugs or anything, so a 2 star

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MacJoeFQV
アリストンホテルズ, Front Office Manager at Ariston Hotel Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear MacJoeFQV,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your 3 nights at Ariston Hotel Kobe. We appreciate your comments for letting us know where improvement is needed. And thank you for recognizing our good things such as friendliness of our staff, Breakfast, and cleanliness.

As far as the temperature control, I am sorry you experienced a warm room. We can also open the emergency hatch window upon guest requests to allow fresh cool air into your room. We are working on plans with our owner to rectify this situation as this in 2017 having only heat or air conditioning available is no longer acceptable for an International Hotel.

While the Hotel does offer Food and Beverage outlet on 1st floor , I understand that when one stays for 3 nights you also want to experience some local varieties and thus your recommendation to take our Port Liner one 4 to Sannomiya (Kobe's Restaurant and entertainment district) is truly a great suggestion. If you are out late the return taxi will cost no more than 2000 JPY and as such quite reasonable.
We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to restore your confidence in our team and service.

Again thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will soon return to Kobe and once again stay with us at Ariston Hotel Kobe.

Best Regards,