All reviews ideal hotel hotel is located jr station nice bathroom single room short stay japanese hotels kansai airport good size within walking distance tv beds sannomiya kobe supermarket train
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

The rooms are small but efficient. Breakfast has a massive selection with more Asian than western food but plenty of it. Beds are comfortable but the walls are pretty thin. Our air conditioning wouldn’t go lower than 20 degrees so it was a bit warm. Very close to the train station which was the biggest plus.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We spent one night at the Kobe Sannomiya Tokyu REI Hotel in late March while we visited friends in Kobe. We booked our hotel through Expedia only 2 weeks in advance of our stay and found that many other options were sold out. We booked 2 rooms with 2 twin beds for $300.00 each (Ouch!).
The hotel staff is typical for Japan. They want to provide excellent and efficient service. The staff will store your bags for you if you arrive before check-in, or after check-out and you want to continue touring the city.
Typical of Japanese hotels the rooms are small by US standards. There is no closet or dresser cabinet space. There are hanger racks for you to hang your clothes. The room has a nice bathroom with a nice tub to soak in.
The strength of this hotel is its location. It is on the same block as the JR train station, which is a major transportation hub. You can easily get to Kansai airport and throughout Japan from the JR station. The hotel is in the middle of a busy shopping district. There are many malls, shops, theaters and wonderful places to eat close by.
They have a nice breakfast buffet with a mix of Japanese and Western fare. Rush hour is at 700 and the dining area filled quickly.
As wonderful as the staff was and its ideal location, I was disappointed in the climate control of the room. Especially since I paid premium price for the room. The climate control for the Kobe Sannomiya Tokyu REI hotel are centrally controlled by the hotel. Since it was early spring no AC was available. This is not uncommon of Japanese Hotels. I had the staff check the system out and he shut everything off. This made the room almost unbearably hot. The window was sealed shut so I was unable to open it for some fresh air. It was close to 80 degrees in the room. I slept Hawaiian Style- “Shorts, T-shirts, no blanket.” Because of this discomfort I rated this hotel as 3 stars and would not return.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Good location and it's just minutes from a convenience store and from the JR station. Everything is very clean and comfortable. The key is kind of confusing as the door auto-locks so once you turn the key, you push on the door to get in. I received no explanation on that when I checked in so I stood in front of my door puzzled as to why the door knob wouldn't turn for awhile. Room was clean and the water pressure for the shower head was good.

I had such a good sleep that I overslept and missed breakfast.:( It looked very good so I was disappointed and was told I couldn't use the breakfast ticket on another day. Oh well!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Within walking distance to many of the touristic destinations. You wont go hungry with many restaurants around evening late in the evening.

Special thanks to the parking lot staff. The old gentlemen was extremely professional, attentive and helpful on top of our parking needs~!

Room tip: excellent location
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stay experience is similar to what I had with Kobe Tomomachi Tokyu REI. One advantage that I think Sannomiya has is that the location is much better, in terms of public transportation. There are more dining options even late into the night.

Otherwise, the hotel is perfect for a short stay, with all the amenities required in place, and decent Japanese style breakfast options.

Date of stay: May 2017