Reviews (1 750)
1 750 results
All reviews shuttle bus nice hotel great view sannomiya station per day port area short stroll service was impeccable early check french toast spacious room meriken park three nights teppanyaki restaurant high floor the hotel offers hotel is located
3 - 8 of 1 750 reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Unhappily, you can tell that you are no longer in one of the big cities. The concierge desk was not often occupied, the staff are not very fluent in English, and it is difficult to make oneself understood. The hotel itself seems to be a venue of weddings and big parties. The view from the rooms facing the harbor is spectacular, especially at night. The beds have rather hard mattresses, which made it difficult for me to sleep well. Otherwise, the rooms are fine, clean, though only sparsely furnished.
The cafe is spartan, not cozy at all, although the food is not bad. Service here is very good. The Kobe beef at teppanyaki restaurant was exceptionally good.

Room tip: Room with a view of the harbor
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alissila
Reviewed 20 October 2018

There are many shops and trendy restaurants nearby in the newly developed waterfront. Hotel is located near Kobe's Chinatown, and by the waterfront. Stayed her for three nights and it was a great experience.The buffet breakfast was great though one also has the choice of eating at the Japanese restaurant . The service from the staff was excellent, despite being a large hotel, it was personal and efficient. Nice Hotel and having a grateful stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank georgebreakman
Reviewed 17 October 2018

Room size was ok. Only there for one night. Hotel was clean, bedding good. Breakfast buffet was good. Hotel employees were polite and efficient. We had asked for feather free room and no smoking floor, but the hotel had assigned us a room on a smoking floor. They found us a room on a much higher floor that met our needs, and did it without argument or hesitation.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelOkuraKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Okura Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Thank you for staying with us and providing us and other readers with such a detailed review of Hotel Okura Kobe.
We are pleased to hear that you had pleasant stay with us at the Hotel Okura KOBE.
Your kind recognition of our service is certainly gratifying and we have shared this with the staff.
This will motivate them to provide an even more superior service.
We will try our best to improve the quality of our service so as to make such a hotel that all the guests will be satisfied.
We look forward welcoming you back on your future travels to Kobe.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

I was very happy to go to Okura Kobe, it was "one of the best hotel in Kobe" and I could provide a good entertainment for my family, but the reality is different! Enumerating:
1) We arrive early and to wait our time to check in we go to a very close and nice museum, when we got back and make the check in, We are not attended in order, because the employees was avoiding my reserve... I believe it was due to my occidental name. They could not read my name...
2) A young employee got our reserve as he could not read my name and we are waiting. We rise our hand and help him. He took us to the room. It is a old style corridor and smells smoke.
3) The room has a great view of Kobe bay! A a great space for the room! But I was with my wife and daughter (12 years), only one bed is not Ok! We request an additional blanket to use the mattress
below the bed... The employee explained that we would pay 59 dollars per day of use... We agreed at first, but then we realized that it was abusive and cancelled... If a room doesn't have to conditions for the guests, it should not be offered! The room also smells smoke.
4) We bought a blanket and sleep in the floor. Not good...
5) The breakfast - you received a ticket and just need to go to the restaurant. But when you arrive, there is no room for the guests... so you must wait and write your name or apartment no in a book. My wife look for a restaurant employee and a employee showed and said in loud voice to my wife GET OUT of the restaurant (IN JAPANESE) and try to grab her arm, she avoid. He continues saying in Japanese and show the book to her (First time they showed it) and pointing to it said to write there (IN JAPANESE). She write the room number and the employee smile, as if she was dumb and made the wrong thing! He pointed out to the lob chair and she and my daughter should wait there.
Again other guests was served first!
6) The pool... not a good room smell, not a good breakfast but we have pool! NO YOU HAVEN'T! The pool was under renovation as part of the hotel (this was not informed, until we asked) ... You had only a club pool and you have to pay per use per person!
7) You don't have any services like coin laundries (common in all Japan), microwave, ice machine or vending machines... you must get out of hotel for any of these, or use the restaurants... not a good option if you have children or are tired from your travel... we was so disappointed that we did not see the hotel services prices.
8) We decided to leave the hotel, but we have to postpone it due to Taifun that was arriving. The biggest in 25 years they said. The hotel cracking sound was loud, but they said it was normal... I don't think so.
9) We leave the hotel and cancelled our next 9 days of stay... And went to other hotel near by... we showed the hotel name for hotel assistance, he told me that would be better 2 taxis due to small trunk in Japanese taxis. We agreed, but the luggage did not fit, because the driver has his own luggage... put my wife and daughter in one, the driver run away with the trunk opened ... I went to the other taxi which have to run to get close the first. But my have to pay the taxi as the driver did not wanted to wait me (For good she had money with her)... it is not hotel fault, but was part of the experience...

Note 1: It was not our first hotel in this trip in Japan. The previous one we had no issue to communicate in English.

Note 2: In this travel we used 4 hotels in Japan, the Okura was completely different from the others.

This Hotel is trapped in the past and so occupied pretending to be luxury that it does not have time to be nice or sympathetic with their guests.

We feel disrespected, marginalized and deceived.

Room tip: Any other hotel! Stay away from Okura Kobe!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Danoriga
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I enjoyed my stay here, it is beside Harbourland, therefore a bit away from the Shinkansen station but there is a shuttle bus between the both.

It is elegant but not stuffy and with very big rooms. There is no onsen though.

I can't flaw the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HotelOkuraKobe, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Okura Kobe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Okura Kobe and for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are grateful for receiving a valuable evaluation.
We will continue to pursue aiming for hotels that will be selected by many customers in the future.
We sincerely hope we will get another chance to welcome you back in the near future.