US$103
US$101
US$142
US$56
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$156
US$146
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$179/night.

US$157
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$307
US$203
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$227/night.

Barberstown Castle(Straffan)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$209
TripAdvisor
Reviews (1 471)
1 471 results
All reviewsleisure centrebar foodrelaxation roomsalt restaurantself cateringnext morningsteam roomcoach house baroutdoor jacuzzifull body massagesaturday nighthotel barthermal suiteafternoon teagroupon dealsteakrelaxing break
17 - 22 of 1 471 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Opted for the single room which turned out to be a full sized bed with just a smaller table and chair so very happy with the room. Breakfast was your standard affair of buffet cooked breakfast, cereal, fruit, juices, and tea and coffee, so absolutely no complaints from me.
Comfortable room, and quiet, although there is renovation work going on as some other recent reviews have said, but this didn’t disturb me.
I didn’t get chance to use the pool or gym so can’t comment personally, but I understand from family members who live in the area that they are of a good standard.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
JFHavel, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Gus_Diver,

Your kind words mean so much to our hard working team and thank you for taking the time to review The Johnstown Estate on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back o the Estate in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

A short 1-night stay at Johnstown Estate, having arrived late into Dublin airport. The Estate is located a short drive off the M4 at Enfield, approximately 30-minute drive from the airport (depending on traffic conditions).
Check-in was efficiently handled with a friendly smile. Our room was located on the ground floor, and was inter-connecting (of course, the door was locked). That would be my only “gripe” : the lady next door held a very long and loud conversation on her phone early in the morning. I felt I knew her very well by the end!
The room itself was spacious, beautifully decorated, and looked out onto a courtyard. Bathroom was excellent: spacious, smart fittings, and everything worked .
Breakfast: a nice choice of hot and cold dishes, buffet style, as well as dishes cooked to order (extra charges. My daughter could not resist the pancakes, and pronounced them to be delicious.
Summary: a top class hotel, and a far nicer option than staying at an airport hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sarnia G,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Johnstown Estate on TripAdvisor. We are absolute delighted you found the rooms to be both spacious and beautifully decorated. We have taken all your comments on board in order to keep improving the services that we provide and we do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you through our doors in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We had the wonderful experience once again of afternoon tea in this hotel having been here before in February 2017. This was an even more enjoyable display of delicious food, none of which was left, all testament to its high standard. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive, showing us to our pre-prepared table on arrival. All aspects of this hotel are of a high standard and should be experienced to be believed. A stroll around the grounds is welcomed after such fine dining.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Jeanymac,

Your kind words mean so much to our hard working team and thank you for taking the time to review The Johnstown Estate on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your afternoon tea experience and relaxing stroll around the grounds of the Estate. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed on the 26th of May for a family celebration (aunties 40th & my other aunties 50th) Bar Staff couldn’t be more helpful but the restaurant was a different case.Out of the 5 mains the vegetarian main dish didn’t come to the table until after the other 4 mains were finished which I can only put down to it was forgotten. My mother paid for our drinks bill after the meal was finished as our meals were included in a package. I then came home to find I was charged on my card for a bill I apparently walked out without paying for as I was told on the phone. Good thing we kept our receipts. Not only did they charge my card for the bill but the original bill my mother paid, it looked like she was overcharged as the amounts were different. Didn’t receive a call back until my second attempt of contacting a manager (4days apart) Really put a dampener on our experience there & overall left a bad impression in all 5 of our opinions. Pity as we don’t all get together that often & for this to be the outcome was unfortunate.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank stephanie2312018
JFHavel, Guest Relations Manager at The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear stephanie2312018,

Your feedback is incredibly important to us, and once again my sincere apologies that your family celebration didn't meet expectations. We do consider all comments to be an invaluable source of guest satisfaction and hope you'll be able to give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

A gift for my husband's birthday. Our stay was a truly enjoyable experience- from the friendly efficient lady on reception , Laura, to the very excellent waiters at dinner & equally good breakfast staff. The food was superb and the decor and hotel grounds gorgeous. With thanks Hilda Smith and Sam Synnott.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear ionaroad,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review The Johnstown Estate on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled you found the food to be suburb and that you enjoyed the grounds of the Hotel. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Estate in the future.