Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Snaptravel
All reviews wine cellar honeymoon suite garden route plettenberg bay breakfast was delicious plunge pool perfect in every way outdoor shower stayed longer wonderful view perfect stay beautiful location road trip blown away three nights hidden gem south africa
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Like all reviews before, Tamodi Lodge is absolutely wonderful and a must stay. It is peaceful, cozy, welcoming, has beautiful views, comfortable rooms, and amazing service. They have a dream of a wine cellar with views that I wish I had every single day.

Nathaniel greeted us and made us feel so welcomed. We were a bit tired from the driving, so we got Italian from Enricos' (recommended by Nathaniel) and brought it back to eat at the lodge. Nathaniel set up a table arrangement for us and was so kind to stay later than planned to make sure we had a nice night. In the morning, their homemade granola was to die for. Our only regret is not staying longer!

Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank KristinMH44
Reviewed 7 July 2018

My wife and I stayed here for four days while we traveled on the garden route. This was part of a 5 week visit to Africa, and I went a little outside our budget to stay here because of my wife's birthday occurred during one of these nights. It was worth every penny spent. The setting was gorgeous. From our deck outside our room every morning we had the most amazing sunrises. The room was huge, the food was great, and Chelsea, the manager, went out of her way to help us. I went for a run outside the lodge to the beach and saw a troop of baboons. An all around memorable experience.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 13 June 2018

What an experience to stay here. The accommodation itself was unique and luxurious and we had such privacy in our suite (which was in Tamodi Lodge itself) that I will always remember showering every morning whilst looking out the full length windows at the sun rising above the mountains! Chelsea, one of the owners, was absolutely delightful and the kitchen staff cooked me one of the best breakfasts I have ever eaten.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018

We stayed in the honeymoon suite at Tamodi Lodge and our only regret was that we only stayed for one night. The room was incredible - we made a fire, ordered a cheese platter and just enjoyed ourselves. The views were stunning and the service (and breakfast) were good.

Room tip: Honeymoon Suite was beautiful - complete with a fireplace, indoor and outdoor (private) shower, heated floors, stunning views
Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I have been meaning to write a review on Tamodi Lodge for some time. My wife and I stayed there in November 2017 and loved it. The place itself is one of a kind and the family that run it as well as the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We originally just booked for 1 night as it was fully booked. When we got there we asked if there was any availability for a second night. It was still full, but they had almost finished building a new honeymoon cabin and let us stay an extra night in there. It was finished to a very high standard and felt very private, with amazing views over the valley that the property sits above. The setting and the hospitality were one of the highlights of our trip. There is also a great wine cellar, plenty of games and a restaurant by the beach which is a few minutes drive away.

Date of stay: November 2017