Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews wine cellar garden route plettenberg bay breakfast was delicious honeymoon room emily moon an amazing place incredible views peaceful location each morning blown away three nights chelsea owen lodge enrico mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My only regret was that we only booked two nights at this great place whilst on our travels. My son and his wife had stayed here a couple of years ago and had always said I would love it. They were right. The minute I entered the main lodge, I knew it was my kind of place. The staff were friendly, the decor was lovely. We stayed in Chalet 4 which is away from the main building and so private. The room was lovely, well decorated, spacious and with great views. Breakfast was also a quality meal. I really hope we get to return here one day. If you are looking for a lovely, peaceful, tranquil place to staff in this area.....you will not do better than Tamodi Lodge.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our tour of the garden route for 3 nights but we wished we’d booked for much longer! The place is stunning and immaculate. High beamed roofs, lovely rooms, our own spacious deck with awesome star gazing on a clear night and its own wine cellar which you can choose from. Breakfast was totally yummy.

Well situated on the garden route for exploring we’d highly recommend. But don’t just stay for one night - this place is too special for that. We fell in love with it and will definitely go back. Big shout out to Chelsea and Natty for their warm welcome and running such an excellent place. Best accommodation of our trip by far!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindseyb65
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Tamodi for 2 nights and were just in complete awe! The infinity pool, the wine cellar, the breakfast - but most importantly the fantastic room, it was just all perfect! Chelsea the owner was super friendly and so attentive to all queries we had before coming. The fact that they only have 7 rooms is perfect, you can feel utmost relaxation there. We will surely be back! Honestly next to Camp Figtree best hotel we stayed during our garden route trip!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElGaayo
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We had a fabulous stay at the lodge. Its a beautiful residence with stunning views and Chelsea was such a welcome and warm host! We had a lovely breakfast before we left, my only regret is we could not stay longer! We'll definitely be back! Thank you to the Tamodi team for a lovely stay.

Best,
Ajay and Nikki

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed in 7 different hotels during our trip through the garden route and this was definitely our favourite. The views are absolutely stunning and the honeymoon room was just beautiful - huge, with out own deck, outside shower, was just perfect. The breakfasts were so delicious and the wine cellar, although we didn't indulge, is a great added benefit. The staff were all lovely. Only thing I would say for eating is that the local restaurant Enrico's is insanely busy, it was normal for people to wait 2+ hours to get seated! I believe we waited for about 1 hour 45 which is crazy, but it's in a lovely setting so you can grab a drink and watch the sunset while you wait. I would highly recommend Emily Moon instead which is about 20 minutes down the highway - this was our best meal in SA.
Back to Tamodi, it is a visit that I will remember for a long time, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel