Open today: 07:30 - 17:00

Reviews (1 870)
1 870 results
1 497
1 497
All reviews cheetah walk wild cats big cats photographic tour morning walk white lion cat tour cat lovers injured animals once in a lifetime wonderful experience private tour south africa honey badger hour tour amazing animals beautiful cats
1 004 - 1 009 of 1 870 reviews
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Our experience was very special and we thank our guide Msizi for his knowledge and passion for the animals in their care. Many highlights including close up with two Cheetahs and lion cubs including a rare white lion. The variety of smaller African cats at Tenikwa was great and not usually seen in the big parks at Kruger! Thanks again.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 22 March 2015

We got up close to caracals and a 90kg leopard, and went into the cages of two 2-month-old lion cubs, African wild cats and servals. The highlight though was entering the cage of two cheetahs who we stood a couple of metres away from. The experience lasted around an hour which I felt was enough, although there are lots of other packages such as walking with the cheetahs and photography sessions.

Although you are completely aware that these are wild animals, the guides put you at ease and have a whole host of knowledge to share. Most of the animals have been in captivity all their lives or for much of it which means it can feel a bit zoo-like, but the fact that the facility supports a wildlife hospital and raises awareness about big cats makes it worth a visit.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 19 March 2015

phot our for 2 hours with Jacob the guide. close up and personal with wild cats . no touching but actually in enclosure with 2 beautiful cheetahs

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Last year we saw the cats close up and decided that the next time we would do the cheetah walk. It was definitely worth the wait. A wonderful experience, such a thrill and something I will never forget. The guides were amazing, so full of knowledge and such lovely people. They took some wonderful pictures of my husband and I with the cheetahs. If you are in this part of South Africa this is a must.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

Yesterday I did the cheetah walk combo and it was a great trip. The guides Jacob, Mthobisi and Senzo did a very good job. They explained us everything about the animals and their behaviour and they told the people to follow the rules with the aim of protecting the animals. To me it is important to have centres like this to explain people how to treat nature and wild animals. I learned a lot and changed my mind about some points. Thank you for this unforgettable 3 hours of the day.

Date of experience: March 2015