All reviews great location mrt station bit dated queen bed helpful with directions hotel is located musty smell lots of shops fourth floor chinese restaurant breakfast buffet rooms are clean family mart within walking distance an umbrella zhongxiao dunhua visit taipei
Reviewed 13 September 2015

We alwas select this hotel when visiting taiwan. It is very conveniently located in busy commercial district. We always have large room with 2.king size beds, very confortable for nice sleep. We only take breakfast in the hotel. It is a bit crowded, and not so many international choice but more than acceptable. Service is ok.

Room Tip: Avoid room facing main street
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank HongKongVanille
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Was already in January there. The Hotel is really good located; downtown with a lot of nice reaturants, shops and pubs around it and immediately at a subway station. So it is easy to move around in the City.
But style of hotel is already "vintage": rooms need a rennovation. My room was a bit smelly!
Breakfast was to me as a western tourist no nice experience - fruit, toast and eggs was the only siutable Food. The black tea they served was really bad, if you sit near the entrrance you need a jacket!
Staff was really polite and very helpful. at my last day i could leave my luggage at the Hotel until leaving in the afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 August 2015

Booked the hotel based on my daughter's choice this Summer although i have reservations about San Want being smelly, old and run down from several of the Tripadvisor reviews which I have read.

We were pleasantly surprised upon arrival after checking into our room that it wasn't exactly what I have read unless we were given a recently refurbished room. Generally well kept, without any unpleasantness. The additional bed already placed in the room without us having to remind them like some other hotels.Chambermaids prompt with their daily services, well cleaned and maintained. Oh yes, though room has blocked view but it did not bother us since out most days and also it was quieter. Room could be a bit tight for 3 sharing but it was still quite comfortable.

Fantastic location with the subway literally only a few steps away. Love the coffee and icy lemon water at the hotel checked in area during humid summer weather. The lobby is on the ground floor at the entrance while checked in counter is on the upper floor. Bakery under the San Want group just next door. 24 hours Watson from across the street and another 24 hours restaurant along San Want Hotel. Safe area for families and ladies group.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2015

This hotel has the most perfect location! It's literally a couple steps away from the nearest MRT station! Even when it's raining, you don't really have to bring an umbrella because you could just run into the MRT station. Hotel is located in the center of a popular shopping district, with a lot of stores and restaurants nearby.

The room itself is just average. It's a pretty old hotel, and they have not renovated the rooms. The bathrooms seem a bit old, and the interior of the room just seems outdated. But I almost never stayed in the room except for sleeping time, so it was acceptable for me. The price you're paying is totally for the great location only in my opinion.

I stayed in my room a little bit later the last morning before I checked out, and the guests on the same floor were pretty annoying. It seems like the rooms were either booked by an organized tour or it might simply just be a big travel group. They literally left their doors wide open and were talking to each other from inside their rooms loudly across the hallway. The children of theirs were running around in the hallway too. I know this might be just incidental but it did ruin my morning.

In conclusion, for the price I paid, I did not think it's worth it. Although the location is convenient, the hotel itself is just not good enough. The MRT is very convenient in Taipei, so I would rather pay a little less for another hotel that's a little newer than this.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2015

I was in Taipeh on a business trip and was recommended to use the San Want hotel as it is only some 300 meters from our office and prices are reasonable. The hotel itself is a little run down but has its very own romantic flair. Rooms are quiet, spaceous, and clean, with all amenities one needs for a short or even longer trip. Breakfast buffet was o.k., I've seen better, but am not a picky guest as the offered selection was still sufficient. Staff was really nice, check in quick, and I will definitely stay here again if I will make it to Taipeh again.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be well insulated and quiet
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business