See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2015

Decent Hotel with 4 star range rooms with almost all facilities including wifi. Bathroom is little smaller in size but was within comfort zone. Hotel staff were polite and helpful in guiding the place. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: The room straight in the corridor was good
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2015

The location is excellent - right next to subway and near shopping areas. The hotel is very small and basic. So if you are looking for a nice and spacious hotel this is not meant for you. The hotel is located in a building and shares with other establishments including another hotel so it might be a bit confusing for a first-time visitor. It is located right next to Watson and near Zara.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2015

It wasn't quite what I expected, being on the 11th floor and only a discreet sign at the ground level building directory. It's also a bit disconcerting to have to walk past the nightclub's promoters who set up shop in the evening.
My room was small but seemed clean. All the basic amenities and toiletries were there, except that I didn't find any safe. The walls are thin, so you can hear traffic noise, people in the corridors, and inconsiderate neighbours in their rooms.
I didn't explore their business centre. Their staff are friendly and helpful. I took advantage of their airport transfer service and was happy with it.
I thought I'd paid for daily breakfast but got only one coupon for one day's breakfast - maybe I was supposed to request it daily at reception? Anyway, breakfast was served in a tiny room on the 6th floor - porridge and condiments (including stir-fried veg and fried eggs) and bread with jam/butter. Not quite what I like so I thought finding breakfast elsewhere would be better.
Other than that, the location is near to an MRT station, and there are shopping centres and interesting-looking side streets to explore.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2015

The Eastern Star Hotel is on the 11th floor of the building. This is not a problem as the Front Desk is on the same floor as the rooms.
The rooms are a a bit tired, some cigarette burns on the fittings and carpets. No-smoking policy now in place.
The rooms were clean. Fantastic shower!
One elevator has it's panels held in place with duct tape. It adds character - we are are not budget travellers.
The staff were wonderful! They were super helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
The MRT station is right outside the building so, getting to anywhere is easy.

Room Tip: We could see Taipei 101 from our room: 1112.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel is one floor (11th) of an office building. No sign outside, but the taxi driver had a smart phone and we got there ok. I travel a lot and I would say this was a fine hotel for the price. GREAT location on the main street of the city near two metro stops and a pleasant 15 walk to the Taipei 101 building. The hotel floor itself was very nice looking, clean, good bathroom, hot water kettle, wi fi, etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would stay at this place again if I came to Taipei.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com