Ambience Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
YoMi Hotel(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Imperial Hotel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$67
Emperor Hotel(Zhongshan District)
US$89
US$61
  • Restaurant
Miramar Garden Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$149
US$121
Agoda.com
CHECK inn Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$86
Mulan Motel Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$109
US$79
Agoda.com
Green World Mai - Nanjing(Zhongshan District)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$54
  • Restaurant
The Okura Prestige Taipei(Zhongshan District)
US$280
US$201
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

Reviews (1 078)
1 078 results
All reviewsmain buildingchinese palacechiang kai sheklarge balconygolden dragonfree shuttleforeign dignitariesrich historyprestige loungetraditional chinese stylehistorical hotelvisiting dignitariessmall museumred carpetfrom afartraditional hotelmainland china
16 - 21 of 1 078 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stunning lobby and great looking property. It is showing its age a little but is still opulent. I recommend this hotel largely for adults traveling without children because to get to the pool you have to walk down the driveway into oncoming crazy taxi traffic which is harrowing even as an adult but worse when you’re trying to keep a child safe. The hotel says a golf cart can take you to the pool but the scheduled times for carts aren’t posted and they won’t take you on demand. We experienced this when the front desk said a cart will take us to the pool but the porter said we’d need to wait for the next scheduled cart. We spied the two carts across from the entrance sitting empty but I resisted the urge to take one myself.

Another reason why I think this hotel is better for adults and not kids is because at breakfast I witnessed a complete stranger tell a child at another table to be quiet. It may be a cultural thing but in general I think people are annoyed with even well behaved children here. We’ll come back again but will rethink timing until our child is bigger.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

What a lovely surprise, to see this beautiful grand hotel, we only had time to have a lovely buffet lunch, but, explored the hotel's foyer and dining rooms. The history of the hotel is so interesting. We'll definitely return to Taiwan and this Grand dame

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I am sure this hotel saw better times in the past, but, unfortunately not in the present. It is nice to escape from the city because you are kind of far from anywhere but didn't felt during my stay. Also, the biggest minus was a paid breakfast - which was far bellow off all standards, knowing Taiwan has a fantastic food to offer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The Grand Hotel may not be the newest or fanciest or "latest and greatest" of hotels in Taipei but it is still, after so many years, the most beautiful and most comfortable. I don't think I have every felt more comfortable and at home in a hotel... and I am very hard on hotels (rating). Important to me are service and cleanliness and they were excellent in both areas - the rug in my room did have some stains and should be cleaned... otherwise, impeccable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2018

First, the property is stunning. The lobby, the rooms, the balconies - amazing.

The rooms were huge and very comfortable. Internet was good. The highlight was the balcony, which was the size of a small room (it could use a chair or two). Our view was also amazing.

Breakfast was good with a good selection of western & eastern foods.

The staff were wonderful as well. We also found a few interesting hiking trails that seemed to be on the property.

Overall, we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: A higher floor should mean better views