Reviews (1 118)
1 118 results
All reviews main building chinese palace chiang kai shek free shuttle foreign dignitaries rich history prestige lounge traditional chinese style historical hotel visiting dignitaries small museum red carpet from afar mountain view traditional hotel shilin night market mainland china
30 - 35 of 1 118 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stunning lobby and great looking property. It is showing its age a little but is still opulent. I recommend this hotel largely for adults traveling without children because to get to the pool you have to walk down the driveway into oncoming crazy taxi traffic which is harrowing even as an adult but worse when you’re trying to keep a child safe. The hotel says a golf cart can take you to the pool but the scheduled times for carts aren’t posted and they won’t take you on demand. We experienced this when the front desk said a cart will take us to the pool but the porter said we’d need to wait for the next scheduled cart. We spied the two carts across from the entrance sitting empty but I resisted the urge to take one myself.

Another reason why I think this hotel is better for adults and not kids is because at breakfast I witnessed a complete stranger tell a child at another table to be quiet. It may be a cultural thing but in general I think people are annoyed with even well behaved children here. We’ll come back again but will rethink timing until our child is bigger.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

What a lovely surprise, to see this beautiful grand hotel, we only had time to have a lovely buffet lunch, but, explored the hotel's foyer and dining rooms. The history of the hotel is so interesting. We'll definitely return to Taiwan and this Grand dame

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I am sure this hotel saw better times in the past, but, unfortunately not in the present. It is nice to escape from the city because you are kind of far from anywhere but didn't felt during my stay. Also, the biggest minus was a paid breakfast - which was far bellow off all standards, knowing Taiwan has a fantastic food to offer.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The Grand Hotel may not be the newest or fanciest or "latest and greatest" of hotels in Taipei but it is still, after so many years, the most beautiful and most comfortable. I don't think I have every felt more comfortable and at home in a hotel... and I am very hard on hotels (rating). Important to me are service and cleanliness and they were excellent in both areas - the rug in my room did have some stains and should be cleaned... otherwise, impeccable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2018

First, the property is stunning. The lobby, the rooms, the balconies - amazing.

The rooms were huge and very comfortable. Internet was good. The highlight was the balcony, which was the size of a small room (it could use a chair or two). Our view was also amazing.

Breakfast was good with a good selection of western & eastern foods.

The staff were wonderful as well. We also found a few interesting hiking trails that seemed to be on the property.

Overall, we would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: A higher floor should mean better views