All reviews mrt station deluxe king dvd player complimentary soft drinks working area free mini bar pleasant hotel raohe night market walking distance spacious room great bathroom hotel breakfast family mart shopping area enjoyed my stay pineapple cake department store
Reviewed 18 September 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Tango hotel, Xin Yi, Taipei for 2 nights in September. We had an Eagle Suite. I thought it was going to be a bad experience when I attempted to fill the Jacuzzi and the tap fell apart in my hand. But I have to say that the staff immediately re-located us to another suite, no fuss, no problem and all was good.

While I mention the staff, all staff without exception, reception, house keeping, food and beverage and the foyer assistants / door staff were all extremely polite, very professional, very helpful, obviously well trained and most spoke very good English.

The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have found in a hotel in Asia. Beats the concrete mattresses normally found in China! The accommodation was very clean and well taken care of by the housekeeping department. But I do think the offer of a "free mini bar" which only contains 3 soft drinks is a bit misleading.

The only real issue for me was the breakfast offering for western guests. And I know this has been mentioned before in other reviews. I only found scrambled egg, but this had been messed up by the chef trying to improve the presentation and covering it in tomato ketchup! No need to make scrambled egg look pretty! Please let guests chose their own condiments and sauces, not everyone likes Ketchup! A couple of fried eggs on toast or an omelette would have made me happy, and although there was a picture of them on the counter, how to order them was not clear, but the waiter on this occasion was not very helpful, just telling me that the eggs were coming. ... he was talking about the scrambled egg covered in Ketchup! Some Hash browns or bacon would have been nice! My wife however is a Hong Kong lady and found the Asian breakfast options very good.

As a fairly frequent traveler around Asia and with over 21,000 readers on Trip Adviser my recommendation for anyone interested in visiting this hotel is that this is not a bad place to stay for a short visit to Taipei. Taipei 101 and a night market are close by and there are many excellent food outlets, (although we did not find any bars), in the vicinity. The MRT station for wider travel across the city and bus stops and taxis are all easily accessible. The hotel is very pleasant, clean, comfortable and with professional and well trained staff. The only disappointment for me, (as a westerner), was the breakfast options.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KevC55
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

A great hotel. Lobby is quiet and calming.
Room is comfortable. Awesome amenities. Mini bar complimentary. Plus pineapple cakes as a snack. Tea satchets and a packet of High Mountain tea leaves for brewing. Instant milk tea and latte.
Bathroom amenities include bath salts, a jacuzzi bath.
Location just a 3 minute walk from Yongchun MRT on the Bannan Line. A short walk to Eslite Xinyi and Breeze Xinyi. Another 15 minute walk to Songyan Eslite Spectrum.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2018

The Tango was a pleasant surprise. My room was good size and very clean. The room had its own small refrigerator in which were complimentary beverages. The breakfast selection was adequate; it is always great to have fresh fruit! Although room service is available for other meals within a specified timeframe, selections were limited and service not reliable. However, the hotel is located close to many restaurants, so finding good food is not a problem. I would certainly stay at the hotel should I return to Taipei.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

The hotel is a little underwhelming.

Firstly, there is a pouch but if it rains and you need to grab a taxi, you will be in the rain.

The entire hotel is very dark. The lobby is dark and the corridors are dark. The room is also dark even when all the lights are switched on.

The location is not great as per what everyone says. There is no convenient stalls downstairs and you have to cross the main road to get to the only 7-11.

The train station is not near and also there are no restaurants around except for the MacDonald's, if you want to grab some quick food.

The main shopping area is 15 to 20mins walk away and in the summer, it is a pain to be walking in 38 degress celsius.

Oh, and the rooms, if you are facing the main road, at night, you can hear the "sup-up" cars' loud exhaust in your room.

2 plus points:
1. breakfast - at least the change the menu every morning, although not much variety but they put in effort and the food is ok.
2. The rooms are clean and there is a jacuzzi in the bathroom which comes with a TV although I did not use it. I take it as that it is in working order.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I stayed here twice in the same week, checking out for one night to head south, and checked back in on our return. On the extra-plus side, the people here are fantastic. The staff was 100% accommodating, friendly, and understood & anticipated our needs.
The rooms were modern, yet just a little in need of an update. That aside, the items in the room & fridge were complementary, and there were plenty of amenities for anything you might have forgotten to pack.
We arrived early (7am) after an all-night flight, and were able to check in early for 50% of our normal rate for the extra time. Great deal! It was nice to check in and get refreshed before heading out. AC was good and solid, and quiet enough to sleep soundly.
The bed was large and comfortable, and the windows were oversized. There were plenty of US-style AC outlets in the room. Towels, and shower were excellent. The gym on the upper floor was a little difficult to find, but once staff directed me, it was exactly what was needed at the top of the stairs from the top floor. The complimentary breakfast buffet was small but "ok", so we opted for local coffee a few blocks down. A popular US fast food chain is in the other directions, as is the world-known coffee chain. An MRT train stop is an easy 2-minute walk.
Best story, when we came back to check in for our second night, we went to claim our luggage from the front desk, since we left it behind for our overnight trip south. The staff not only gave us nicer, larger rooms on our return, but they put our luggage in our rooms prior to our return. This is service!
For the XinYi area, within a short taxi ride to Taipei-101, shopping, and other luxuries, this has been one of my best stays.

Room tip: Book the slightly larger room