All reviews great location home away from home the ground floor restaurants bars small hotel mid night minute walk rooms are spacious mrt station nice breakfast walking distance buffet breakfast the heart of the city convention center central location visit taipei noise
Reviewed 6 September 2014

This is the perfect hotel in Taipei. We arrived early in the morning (thank you airlines for the nite flights...). The room would have been ready if we would have paid extra 50%, which we rejected. However the staff was extremely friendly and gave us not only water, they offered us free breakfast... And the breakfast is yummy..... While waiting for the room we decided to book two tours and the reception staff was very very very nice and helpful. We got a lot of information and thanks to the honesty of their travel agent, we did not book the tour to the gorge but we decided to book two other tours. The stay was very nice, especially to the helpfulness of the entire staff in this place. Home Hotel, a hotel that makes you feel home! If we return to Taipei we will stay there again.

Room Tip: reserve the Taipei 101 view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear guest,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
Regarding the good comments on Tripadvisor, we sincerely appreciate your support and encouragement, which can make us further improve our services.
Providing comfortable stay to our valued guests is our core value and we are grateful to hear that you enjoyed staying at Home Hotel.
Lastly, we are looking forward to serving you in the near future, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 4 September 2014

The hotel = 4 stars
Reserved this hotel based on a friend's recommendation who lives in Taipei that Home Hotel is relatively new and in the MIDDLE of the nightlife action. It did not disappoint. Hotel was clean and nice, although entrance a bit tricky to find. Room itself was a bit small, but I somewhat expected it being in center of city. The ONLY reason it's not rated a 5 star and why my overall rating isn't a 5 star is there is construction of a large building right next door and they are working virtually every day. Although there is no construction noise at night, it's unsightly and can be heard in the mornings. Once building is done, then I'd raise my rating to 5 stars.

Service - 5 stars
Very good service and was greeted regularly. The breakfast they provide is also one of the better breakfast buffets around having both Chinese and Western food.

Amenities - 5 stars
There is a whiskey bar on site that doubles as the breakfast buffet venue + a cafe downstairs. The best of all is they provide a guest pass to a brand new gym in the next building that is phenomenal. I went there twice and the machines are brand new, facilities super clean and just a great atmosphere. Cleanest gym w/nicest equipment of any gym I've ever been.

The check-in - 3 stars
This is not due to the people as the people there were great. However, this is one of the 1st hotels where they wanted to charge me extra to check-in early. I admit it was around 8am when I wanted to check in, but they tried to charge me about 50% of the price for early check in. Yes, it was a bit early, but every hotel I've been to, if they have a room, they give it to you.

Value - 4 stars
This is double the price of another hotel I say at in different neighborhood. You are paying almost double the premium for staying in that neighborhood but since I was there to meet up w/friends to eat and drink, it was worth it. Great place for business or be near nightlife, but not necessary to pay premium if visiting Taipei for sightseeing.

Overall - 4 stars
This easily could be 5 stars once construction is completed and they get rid of the no early check-in policy. I did enjoy my stay there and would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We are glad that you gave us specific comments in terms of every aspect and those are really helpful for us to point out easily which part we need to work on.
We appreciate your good comments concerning our services, amenities and value, which are a great encouragement to us to further improve our services, but regarding the extra charge of early check in, we will discuss this issue with our executive. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please feel free to let us know, we will be honored to hear helpful suggestions from our valued guest. Thank you and have happy travels.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2014

Visited Taipei for a weekend and Home hotel was a great choice to stay, besides the excellent facilities and quality of the rooms. The location was fantastic, 10 mins walk (or less) away from Taipei 101 with multiple connection in and out of the city. Just in the vicinity of the hotel are multiple food choices which would delight most visitors.

But what impressed me the most was the staff service, especially that of Manager Emia. During the stay I misplaced my ipad in the room and was frantically searching high and low, upon bringing this to the attention of Manager Emia who immediately assisted in every way possible to locate it (Keycard acces/ CCTV etc). It was only found after I left Taipei by an extremely thorough search by the staff of the room. They contacted me promptly and ensured I got it back soonest possible. Kudo's to the Manager Emia and her great staff they really are exemplary examples of the service industry.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home.
We really appreciate that you spent the quality time to write us good comments, and which are a great encouragement to further improve our services.
Concerning the iPad, it is our responsibility to assist our valued guest to settle the problem, and we will share your good comments to our associates. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this same hotel for numerous time and every time is come I feel home! The deco is comfortable, it is quiet, service is good, but the convenient is great! Shopping mall, cinemas and restaurants, the famous 101 Tower and eslite bookstore are all accessible by walk in 3-5 minutes. If you are too lazy to enjoy the breakfast of the hotel, get a cup of coffee from its coffee shop downstairs, it is cozy and offers great coffee. Some of their rooms can see 101 Tower too.

Last but not least, this hotel uses products made in Taiwan, so you can have a good try of their tea, household products and also it has a complementary gift set to all guests - the cloth coaster made with antique cloths, very original and always gives me a strong sense of Taiwanese' love of their own culture!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home and appreciate that you gave us encouraging comments.
Providing cozy environment and sincere services are our core value in order to satisfy our valued guests’ expectation.
Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Good large room, with nice space and good bed and pillows. I could see Taipei 101 from my room. There was a bit of noise from the construction, but not obtrusive. The location was great, but hard for my taxi to find. Many shops, restaurants and things to do nearby. It's also close to 2 different MRT stops. Staff was friendly and helpful. I only ate breakfast 1 day (acceptable only because free), and didn't try the hotel restaurants or bars.

Stayed: August 2014
berthsu, Front Office Manager at Home Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Home Hotel as your home when you were away from home and spending the quality time to write us comments.
It is our pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and we are sorry about the location to the taxi driver; moreover, we really appreciate your good comments concerning the quality of the room and staff services. Lastly, if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we are looking forward to seeing you soon in the near future. Thank you very much and have happy travels.

Best wishes,