All reviews latest recipe junior suite the executive lounge nespresso machine walk in closet breakfast buffet hotel management japanese style high end excellent location luxury hotel favorite hotel japanese toilet spg platinum prime location business travel spacious room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Whether you’re on business or vacation this hotel ideally located in Taipei’s eastern Xinyi District, just five mins walk from the subway and also the famous Taipei 101 tower, once one of the worlds tallest, and also the World Trade Center and convention complex. I stayed in a four room suite, which honestly was a little too big, but comfortable, well decorated and most of all quiet. I only ordered room service and didn’t eat in one of the hotels restaurants but room service was swift and delicious. Prices were very reasonable for a five star hotel. I’d defiantly stay again. There are many department stores next to the hotel as well as a cinema and bars. So plenty to keep you occupied.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
LIUYY, 經理 at Le Meridien Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Phill G,

Greetings from Le Meridien Taipei Hotel.

Thank you for staying with us as your home away from home and also thank you for sharing your experience here at TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the stay. To provide the good service is always the first priority for our entire colleagues. It is truly encouraged and delighted by receiving positive feedback like yours.

We look forward to repeating the "Le Meridien Experience" whenever your travels bring you back to Taipei.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We were happy with almost everything about this hotel. The staff are friendly, professional and eager to help. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The hotel is located in the eastern part of the City, with the financial district and a major high-end shopping center nearby.

Some things need updating, as demonstrated by the DVD players located near the televisions, some wall coverings that are pulling off the wall. I found the light switches difficult to figure out because many are unlabeled and their location doesn’t necessarily make it obvious what they do. Strangely you can’t invite someone to wait for you in the lobby because the lobby has no furniture in it. (There is a sitting area off the lobby where drinks and food can be ordered.)

Food and service in the restaurants is quite good, but you cannot have a meal for less than $30, even if it’s just a sandwich and a drink. The breakfast buffet, though pricey, is amazing.

One major service fail: By accident I arrived for breakfast before the restaurant was open. After I sat down someone approached me to say they were not yet open. I said “ok, could I have some coffee in the meantime?” She ignored the request and walked away. Wrong. The right answer: “Yes sir. I’ll be happy to bring you some coffee.” Or even “I’m sorry it will just be a few minutes. Let me see what I can do.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Morris F
LIUYY, 經理 at Le Meridien Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Morris F,

Greetings from Le Meridien Taipei.

We would like to thank you for staying with us while you visited Taipei and spent your time out of your busy schedule to review us. We will definitely consider your valuable feedback and at the at the same time, the related department has been informed for the shortfall; we will make the improvement in terms of the service.

Once again, we thank you for your time and wish to see you soon again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

One of the top end luxury hotels in Taipei. Conveniently located in city centre. Has a popular restaurant for all meals of the day. The suite is amazing. Didn't get a chance to use the hotel amenities as it was just a short overnight stay. The lounge was well maintained. Staff seemed friendly, didn't interact with them much though.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
LIUYY, 經理 at Le Meridien Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear James C,

Warm greetings from Le Meridien Taipei.

Thank you for staying with us as your home away from home and also thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the stay with us and we hope next time you may get more time to enjoy our facilities and experience the Le Meridien service.

Hope to see you soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2018

The room is big, clean and comfortable. The hotel people provides good service. The breakfast is also very good. I enjoy a lot staying in Le Meridien Taipei. I will recommend my friend to stay here when they travel to Taipei.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LIUYY, 經理 at Le Meridien Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear pabrother,

Warm greetings from Le Meridien Taipei!

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Taipei and taking the time out of your busy schedule to review us. It is truly encouraged and delighted by receiving positive feedback like yours. I have no doubt that your compliments will go a long way towards motivating our employees to continuously maintain and exceed our guests' expectations.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We recently stayed in Taipei for one night and it was the first time and it was my first visit. The hotel was in a great location (we walked to Elephant Hill) and was surprisingly modern with amazing decor and beautiful artworks. The room was quiet, extremely comfortable and spacious. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LIUYY, 經理 at Le Meridien Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear jsmith102,

Greetings from Le Meridien Taipei Hotel.

Yours sincerely,