Artree Hotel(Songshan)
US$170
  • Free Breakfast
Reviews (1 034)
1 034 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetindoor poolbusiness hotelhaketraditional hotelbusiness trippublic transportationbusiness districtexecutive roomitalian restaurantjunior high schoolold schoollate checklarge bathroomvery nice hotelstar hotelbath salts
196 - 201 of 1 034 reviews
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Really great service at the front desk.
The room spacious and very clean.
I ask for special request for wedding anniversary amenities and I have received a mail that my request is not guaranteed until the property has confirmed it.
Thanks you for the surprised we enjoyed our anniversary cake at the room.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
PR_Sherwood, 公關經理 at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei during your trip to Taipei. Your feedback will be the best motivation for us to keep improving our service. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Honestly, before this trip I have no experience with Sherwood and would normally prefer to stay at the big chains. However, as this is my corporate preferred hotel, I had the opportunity to stay here and experienced top notch quality customer service. Room cleaning staff were excellent. Actually I suspect they monitor when guests are out and they will come in and quickly clean up. We had shuttle service as well due to our corporate arrangement and we really appreciated the service quality of the driver. At the end of the stay, when my colleague and I needed to hail a cab to the airport but we were both busy doing other stuff (like checking out or visiting the toilet etc), the staff kindly took care of our bags and we realised they have already ask a cab to wait to send us to the airport. Excellent service!!

Other things I liked were the spacious bathroom and very comfortable bed. I also visited the gym which had more than adequate equipment. For those who are interested, there is also an indoor pool but to me, it was rather small so I didn't swim. The hotel is situated in a quiet neighbourhood which has its pros and cons. Not crowded and there are a few very good restaurants located behind the hotel. Metro is a 5 to 7 min walk. However, if you want to do some shopping, it will not be around the area. Lastly, breakfast has the same spread every morning. Well fortunately I'm not a fussy eater so it doesn't bother me too much. Otherwise, an excellent hotel. Keep up the good work!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei during your trip to Taipei. From the day the hotel was established, it has been a tradition that we welcome our guests as family. It is our pleasure to learn that you are satisfied with our hotel rooms and services. Your feedback will be the best motivation for us to keep improving our service. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I have travelled on business now twice to Taipei and stated each time at The Sherwood at the recommendation of a local business colleague. It's a great hotel with comfortable modern rooms, exceptionally good mixed breakfast buffet and the staff are polite and as helpful as language will permit. Like most good locations the key people speak English which is a bonus.

Directions to everywhere are provided by an ad hoc system ie give it to the porter in Chinese either on your phone or business card and he will give it to the driver. Taxi fares are not that expensive so the odd 'high' road doesn't really hurt.

Other than wanting to see another side of Taipei I would stay here always as it's reliable.

Highly recommended

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
PR_Sherwood, 公關經理 at The Sherwood Taipei, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei during your trip to Taipei. It is our pleasure to learn that you are satisfied with our hotel rooms and services. Your feedback will be the best motivation for us to keep improving our service. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I had some business colleagues that recommended I stay at the Brother Hotel in Taipei, due to its being literally at a MRT stop & its $110/night price with breakfast. As this was my first time going to Taipei, I wanted to research the hotels before booking. After seeing the Trip Advisor reviews for Brother, I was highly motivated to look for something better, but in close proximity.

I was able to find a couple other properties that were in the same ballpark (a little more than brother, but not outrageously): Hotel QUOTE (a boutique) and Sherwood. After comparing the two in great detail, I picked Sherwood due to its outstanding breakfast rating, much bigger size/amenities including gym, and the overall reviews.

This hotel absolutely lived up to its high rating.

Stayed on the 14th floor.

The service was superb -- I don't say this lightly. My wife and I had just been to a top rated all inclusive in Playa-Cancun area of Mexico a couple weeks before for vacation, where we received 5-star service. Thus, I had a high standard in mind. Sherwood was as good!

Secondly, breakfast buffet is absolutely fantastic - there are a lot of options. Get that included in your package if possible. The flaky scallion cakes and mustard green rolls are amazing. They have all the typical stuff a U.S. visitor is used to like omelette station, fried eggs, fruit, muffins, etc. But, its the rest where this buffet is outstanding. Each dish is labeled for vegetarians too - awesome!

Finally, the gym iis located on the top floor, so you can see Taipei's skyline, and is close to Hyatt-class! They have plenty of machines and even a Bosu! There are steam & sauna for guests too, and a nice pool (that I didn't have time to use).

The room was very clean and nice to be in after a long day of business meetings! Bathroom was fantastic large and very nice - both standing shower and seperate tub if you prefer. Wi-fi worked great. Everything was so smooth all around.

The concierge was very helpful - I'm vegetarian and she sent me for lunch to a great restaurant called Meimei Garden (5 -course meal too!). She also figured out a discovery tour for me to do on my own, including renting a bike (easy to do in Taipei with credit card at a bike kiosk), per my request for something self-guided, unique and exciting.

Nearest MRT station was about a 7 min walk - not bad. It is humid outside, but once you are at the MRT, its air conditioned in the actual high speed trains. By the way, MRT terminals had clean bathrooms - SO MUCH BETTER than BART in the Bay Area. MRT is easy to figure out and concierge provided super helpful maps of the entire system.

I would definitely want to stay here again when I'm in Taipei. Hotel QUOTE looks really interesting and chic too, but they don't have a gym and got so-so reviews about breakfast (I hate having a bad breakfast). Sherwood is outstanding!

Room Tip: Highest floors allow you to see Taipei skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank SiliconValleyRamMan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sherwood Taipei during your trip to Taipei. From the day the hotel was established, it has been a tradition that we welcome our guests as family. It is our pleasure to learn that you are satisfied with our hotel rooms, breakfast and services. Your feedback will be the best motivation for us to keep improving our service. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights. Hotel staff are very polite. Room is a good size. There are toothbrushes, a hairbrush, disposable razor, stapler, pen knife and a little sewing kit in the room. Handy little things. Toilet seat is heated.

There's also a harpist and cellist playing into the lobby in the mornings. That's lovely.

The concierge recommended a restaurant nearby. I mentioned that to the restaurant and to my surprise, got a 10% discount on the bill.

I made several calls to a local cellphone. Although the calls were not answered I was charged TWD28 for each call.

I also enquired from the concierge about hiring a driver for a day trip. I was quoted TWD7500. I found another driver on my own for TWD5000 for 10 hours. He drives a Mercedes-Benz.

Breakfast buffet tastes ok. It's TWD715 per person including service charge.

The hotel location is not as close to the MRT as some of the other hotels. But it's such a nice hotel room i don't mind the walk.

Verdict - Wills stay again

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple