Ways to Experience Chiufen (Jiufen Old Street)
from US$35,90
1 027
1 747
2 557
1 027
All reviews jiufen old street tea house the bus taro balls day trip ice cream meatballs local food souvenir shops jiu fen nice view both sides night market police station ruifang station gold mining town public transport
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 5 608 reviews
Reviewed 19 January 2021

I've been to Jiufen. The scenery there is beautiful, but there are too many tourists and the roads are very small, so Jiufen is very crowded. The food there is very delicious. Generally speaking, I like Jiufen. I will still visit Jiufen the next time.

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 17 January 2021

It seems to me that Jiufen Old Street is an unique area in Taiwan. Taro Balls is the most famous food here. When I saw them, I was so curious whether they were delicious or not. I hadn’t eaten them before because I hated eating taro. Nevertheless, I love taro balls after I ate them. After the meal, I kept walking in the street. I saw many foreigners from different countries here. There are many stairs because Jiufen Old Street is located in the mountain. I felt tired after climbing the stairs, but I could see beautiful views such as the ocean, the mountains, and so on. I like Jiufen, and I can’t wait to come to Jinfan Old Street next time.

Reviewed 14 December 2020 via mobile

I enjoy the walk along the narrow and stepped lanes lined by numerous touristy shops. There’s plenty of good food and dessert options to try here.

This is one amazing village town that should be on everyone’s itinerary in Taipei.

Reviewed 12 December 2020

I have been to Jiufen once. I am very familiar with the narrow passages and food there. What impressed me the most are the taro balls, the scenery, and the culture. The scenery there is not only beautiful during the daytime, but also beautiful at night. I still remember that I went there after my summer vacation., and the weather was very good. Although I had to take a bus to get there which is a little troublesome, I felt that I came to a completely different place the moment I arrived. The food is delicious but not very cheap. I hope I can go there again next time.

Reviewed 26 November 2020

Keelung is my hometown.Keelung is a small city with mountains and seas.Since Keelung is close to the sea, many people come here for seafood.Besides, Keelung has a harbor, so if you want to go abroad by cruise, you must visit Keelung Keelung is famous for Miaokou Night Market, many people will go there to taste delicious food..Let's take a day trip to Keelung!

Date of experience: March 2020