All reviewsyoga studioprivate poolevery morningthe cliffhour securityprivate accesswedding planneramazing vacationmagical spotevery staff memberperfect balanceterima kasihhighly recommend staying herefrom australiaincredible viewsocean viewrent a scooter
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We have just had the most amazing 4 nights at the Uluwatu Surf Villas - the staff were so wonderful, going above and beyond! Our Villas were beautiful and the view well - wow!!!!
It was the most amazing experience from start to finish!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
UluwatuSurfVillas, Guest Relations Manager at Uluwatu Surf Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you so much for the great review and kind words about our staff! We hope to have you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

çok güzel good view staff are so helpfully thanks for your helping and everything thank you so much for good view and resort thaqnks nd breakfast are so good also pools are so big i want to go again all year for those resort

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
UluwatuSurfVillas, Guest Relations Manager at Uluwatu Surf Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thanks so much, we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

What a lovely way to be introduced to Bali! I arrived a week before my son’s wedding and stayed in Villa 1 along with my son, his fiancé and her parents. It was the perfect setting to get to know each other and share the excitement of the upcoming wedding. There is enough space for small gatherings, quiet time, and communal areas where we all could come together. To be served breakfast was always a highlight, Julie, our cook and now friend, provided excellent meals and service. In fact, every staff member we interacted with was very professional and helpful. The views and location were wonderful. If I return, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
UluwatuSurfVillas, Guest Relations Manager at Uluwatu Surf Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Hi Katherine,
It was a pleasure to have you guy stay with us. Julie is one of our long time employees and she does make a great breakfast! We hope to have you all back in the future!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This four night stay was the pinnacle of my Bali experience. I just finished writing reviews of all my other 6 stays in Bali and I saved the best for last. I looked directly with this resort via email and Jessica (thank you!) made the process so easy along with secure payment website.

I wanted a quiet getaway, oceanside for a few days and it exceeded my expectations. From the moment I arrived it felt like home, except I wasn't quite used to all that wonderful attention and service. My hosts and the rest of the team treated me like I was coming home. This was my first stay in a full service villa and the staff was beyond amazing. They were incredibly attentive, gracious, proactive, polite (like all Balinese people of course) and responsive.
I prebooked a 2 hour Balinese massage with Nyoman on my patio right after I arrived which ended right before a gorgeous sunset started and it was all heavenly!

You are left to enjoy your privacy and if you needed anything, they were a What's App text away so you didn't need to run inside your room or villa to dial from your house phone. 24 hour security was on call (what's app or phone) so being low season and one of few guests it was nice. The entire property is so safe, tranquil and for being an East Coast City girl, for the first time I thought nothing of leaving my patio doors unlocked when I wandered off to the beach or around the property. Great windy roads in the areas for jogging and walk away from some neat warungs, bars, little grocery markets.

I stayed in Villa #2 - three bedroom, three bath, private pool, elevated view of the ocean with sun deck and patio cabana where Iate breakfast and did some morning writing work. Wifi is great! I loved the USB ports in the wall so didn't need to pull out my converter for gadgets. Beds (my master bed) very comfy, opened patio doors early morning for sunrise or laid in hammock steps from my bed.

Food is wonderful!! Juli and Gusti and the others who came by in morning (you set the time) after my yoga class made delicious spread. I eat gluten free so chefs are awesome with food restrictions! There is no onsite restaurant now (they are building one) so all food is delivered to your room/villa until 11pm. I had a few of my best dinners at USV! Great chef!

Try the yoga class with Jessica or Kat, the "Morning Light Yoga Studio" is on top floor of loft overlooking the ocean so the morning breeze while you are trying to hold a pose is refreshing!

I got most of my best Instagram photos from this place and more are being posted on @restorativeluxurytravels

Overall, for a solo traveler who desires some quiet time, inspiration to write or blog, connection with nature and the ocean, surf lessons or just a place to breathe and rejuvenate this is the perfect sanctary. These were all my objectives which were filled. For couples... absolutely YES! It's has romance written all over the place and family reunions, wedding parties, perfect!!

This is quiet, "rustic luxury". I say rustic because I felt a little more connected with Bali's nature and animals while here.You may see the monkeys roaming around (I only saw them once), there will be little friends in your room but they are harmless and kind of fun to watch (little lizzards, tiny tree frogs.. that's about it). Just consider them your villa mates but don't leave any food on your kitchen counter! I had no major mosquito problems and I was there during rainy season.

The resort drivers and guides are absolutely wonderful and flexible. They will take you anywhere you want to go- a transport or half/full day tour and USV efficiently books everything for you! Special thank you to my new friend and driver, Rai, also Komang, the night security guard, my friends and hosts, Juli and Gusti and all of you who made this most memorable. I can't wait to return and also dine in the new restaurant! Terima Kasih!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
UluwatuSurfVillas, Manager at Uluwatu Surf Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much for you review! We enjoyed your stay with us and so happy to hear about all the details that made your experience great. These are all wonderful tips and info for future guests. Was lovely to have you in yoga and for you to share all your great energy with us and the property! Hope to have you back again at Uluwatu Surf Villas! All the best and to many more luxury travels! xo Jessica

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We recently had our wedding at Uluwatu Surf Villas and it was honestly the most magical moment in our life...not only because we got married in such a beautiful location but because the staff's service is second to none and our wedding planner, Jess, was a dream to deal with. We organised our wedding from Australia and aside from a few minor setbacks we had nothing to worry about. Many people in our group who hadn't been to Bali before said that they will be back to the Surf Villas to enjoy them with friends and family. A few even said they will be booking in their 40ths and 50ths here! We love the Surf Villas and look forward to creating many more memories here in the future.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get an ocean front villa...you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
UluwatuSurfVillas, Manager at Uluwatu Surf Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for your review Alana! It was a pleasure to plan you and Andrew's wedding. Can't go wrong with true love and great friends and family! Thank you for being so organized and easy going. Can't wait for you to celebrate many anniversaries with us….and baby cots are complimentary;) xoxo Jess