Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$55
PricelineUS$55
eDreamsUS$55
CheapTicketsUS$55
TripadvisorUS$55
FindHotel
All reviews across the road secure parking cape town light house value for money guest house long trip walking distance comfortable stay en route family unit comfortable room enjoyed our stay perfect stopover overnight stay friendly reception next morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2021

I was not impressed on the way Bianca (owner) spoke to me on the phone. We were running late for our check in time, and we adivised her that we will be there past the national curfew time, she refused for us to arrive at that time, we explained that we had a mechanical breakdown at Beaufort West and that delayed us a bit. Her response was i quote " Thandiwe you knew when u woke up this morning that there is a national curfew" sarcastically.My reply was that i could not have predicted a mechanical breakdown to our car. She advised us that we should sleep in Richmond a town before Colesburg "ourdestination". I asked her if she was going to transfer our funds for the room to that guesthouse in Richmond, she said no we will have to pay the guesthouse and unfortunatley we will forefeit our funds (and either sleep on the road) for the initial booking with her. We got so frustrated and i called the police station at Colesburg and asked them to please assist us in this matter, the police were very helpful and they assited by granting them permission to wait for us when we arrived. The lady at reception was awesome and helpful she showed us our cottage and wished us a restful night ahead. Bianca though needs to be trained on how to speak to customers, no matter what creed or colour or culture that person is, she needs to be more polite and know how to handle an irate customer.

Date of stay: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karoo Guesthouses, Agency / Consultant at The Lighthouse Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2021

Thandiwe, there is a law in place currently which does not allow travel after 9pm.
At NO stage did you ever think to call us and let us know about your breakdown so that we could make alternate plans for you during curfew as you knew you would not reach Colesberg in time.
When my reception told me she phoned you at 7.30pm and you said you were only in Beaufort west, which is more than 3hours drive to us, we realised you would not be able to check in at 10.30pm, as staff need to be at their homes by 9pm, so I phoned you to help you make alternate arrangements.. I duly spent the next 30 minutes phoning the towns closest to you where I eventually found 2 rooms in Richmond for which I gave you the number - I thought I was helping you as I knew you should not be on the roads at that time and since you already had a breakdown I was concerned who would help you if something else should happen. When you said you would not stay anywhere else, I realised you would be heading on the road - breaking curfew and that I would need to assist my staff in the curfew issue too. I then got hold of the local policeman, and then the police station, who allowed us to break curfew for you. I went and got documents to fill in and have signed and stamped that evening to authorise this to protect my staff on her way home. And all this time you did not return my calls or whatsapps while I was running around trying to arrange your arrival. Yes, you did put us in a precarious position. And yes, the local police were most helpful and caring. They even came to check on my receptionist to see she was okay while waiting for you after 9pm, after you called them too. I am SO glad that we WERE able to help you and since then, we have been able to help other guests too.
Thandiwe, at no time was I trying to be funny, and from my whatsapps to you that night I am sure you realise I was trying to be helpful (or perhaps you thought it was my receptionist messaging you) At the same time we were just trying to be law abiding citizens. We are glad you had a good nights stay and that all is well that ends well.
You are welcome at The Lighthouse anytime.
We are pleased that we could assist you in your time of need.
Your sincerely, Bianca

Reviewed 5 January 2021

Good Pet Friendly accommodation close to restaurants with secure off road parking.
Comfortable and roomy. Perfect rest place after the trip up from Cape Town. Stayed in pet friendly cottage with 2 separate bedrooms. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2020
Karoo Guesthouses, Agency / Consultant at The Lighthouse Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

We are pleased you you enjoyed your stay in our pet friendly cottage and thankyou for your high commendation - please note that not all our rooms are not pet friendly, so it is welcome that you asked about bringing your pet. We also have new purpose built pet friendly units at the Fancy Cactus - just up the road which has an enclosed garden area for your little one. Now you have a choice next time you head this way. Till then, take care.

Reviewed 4 January 2021

This was just an overnight holiday trip stop over in Colesburg for us. Our arrival was met with a nice, friendly greeting and we were pleasently surprised by the standard and cleanliness of our accomodation. The Lighthouse is definitely to be recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are happy that we could surprise you with our Friendliness and Cleanliness. Thank you for you high recommendation!

Reviewed 3 January 2021

Our first stay at this establishment. Our room and bathroom was old and tired looking. Tha carpet was filthy and so old! Too scared to walk without shoes. The fitted sheet on the bed looked creased and not fresh at all so we pulled the flat sheet back to sleep on it. Under the rim of the toilet it is dirty. The mat in front of the bath is something you can only through away. I was too scared yo put my feet on it. Looked filthy! Breakfast was a far cry from the pictures we saw of the this B&B. Did not see any fruit anywhere.

Reviewed 29 December 2020

The Lighthouse Guesthouse was a comfortable stay after driving half way down to Cape town. They were very accommodating to us as we had a small dog with us. Highly recommend it. And would definitely stay there again.

Luke