Reviews (2 246)
2 246 results
1 522
1 522
All reviews corn maiden rio grande horseback riding sandia mountains new mexico adult pool bread making walking trails santa fe trading post business conference self parking high desert beautiful property hot tub rooms are nice albuquerque area
103 - 108 of 2 246 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

As a Hyatt Globalist hotels will typically upgrade our room upon check-in and Tamaya was no exception. They upgraded us from a king room to an Executive suite and it's nice to have the extra space.

While there are a few wall hangings and a full kitchen, the room feels sparse at best. It has an antiseptic quality I would not have expected from a resort. The kitchen counter has a small coffee maker like many hotels, with sugar, dehydrated creamer, and EXACTLY TWO beverage napkins. Considering that there is a mini-fridge under the coffee maker, some small creamers could have easily been provided. Since you're charged a resort fee like most places these days, it's an amenity I would have expected to be standard.

The breakfast was good, but unremarkable. The charcuterie was fairly limited and what was labeled "prosciutto," was clearly some sort of ham and sliced too thickly to enjoy.

The omelet station was a bit more robust, but I've definitely seen better, and the same can be said of the bread/toaster station. My husband did enjoy the freshly prepared waffles. I also would have expected more fruit and veggies to be out and the selection felt sparse, like much of the property.

I thought I'd to the spa and do a bit of shopping. I saw a dress i liked, but only in Medium and asked if they had smaller sizes. The woman was very nice and checked the back but said everything was out on the floor. I looked around but almost EVERYTHING was a medium. A few of the workout tops were sized S, but none of the pants that I looked at had only M & L.

While the staff here is friendly and accommodating, you first have to reach them. Don't count on their website to be accurate. I called in-room dining 3x over 15 minutes and every time it went to voice mail. I finally called the front desk and they said she was busy and to try again. Um, if she's that busy, shouldn't you maybe get someone to help her.

The in-room info book says that there are wines available not on the in-room dining list. In general the in-room dining options are pretty limited for a property of this size. They ONLY have Canvas wine listed, not exactly a high-end wine to enjoy during a resort stay. I was finally able to order off of the expanded list, but was told it might take awhile. I will say the food and wine arrived VERY quickly and we were appreciative for the staff's promptness. The quesadilla was rather boring and the tortilla soup almost like pureed tomatoes, so not particularly appetizing.

I called the concierge today around 11am and again, no answer. I tried the front desk, no answer. I tried guest services, no answer. Finally I got the hotel operator to connect me to the front desk. I inquired about a dinner reservation at the "nicer" restaurant on property, The Corn Maiden, and despite the website clearly stating they are open everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Wed-Sunday, I was informed that they're only open on Friday & Saturday.

All in all a rather disappointing experience. When you can get them on the phone, the staff is friendly and helpful, but what a chore to even get someone on the phone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NLB68
Reviewed 25 June 2018

from the moment I entered, I felt welcomed. As I arrived at night, I had no idea what type of view I was in store for. Was I surprised, the Pueblo Reservation this property is on is absolutely stunning. With walking paths and activities, we did not have to leave the resort to do our above and beyond. I did not get to see the horse farm, but colleagues said it was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Three nights for a work conference. This is a great place for an offsite meeting. The conference rooms are nice except for the typical uncomfortable chairs!
The food was really good for a large group. A lot of Southwest Chili influence. The activities they offered included a salsa and avocado cook off and it was fun!
They like to have activities outside. Beware! The heat and elevation can be brutal. Don’t plan outside activities in business suits!
I had to wait for three hours for my rom. But they stuck to the guaranteed check in at 4. Unfortunately the entire room and hallway smelled like a toilet back up. And I don’t think my ac worked since I was sweltering every night. I finally slept with the porch door open but the dry dusty air killed me!
The bed was comfortable but not the pillows. Low lighting at desk made it not work friendly. Shower pressure was lame.
Staff was friendly and mostly in training. I had a Mischarge on my bill. It took a long time to convince them to remove it!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We spent a week at this beautiful resort.
The staff were amazing especially Sheryl at the front desk. She was able to look after us even when we had some problems.
The breakfasts were delicious whether you had the buffet or ordered off the menus.
The sunset over the mountains was spectacular! The grounds were beautiful and we rode bikes everyday. Golf looked beautiful hopefully next time.
Great happy hour at the out door patio bar.
We did a day trip to Santa Fe - the tram tour was worth doing. Day trip to Albuquerque ( Old Town) very good.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this resort for 3 days for work meetings. Very relaxed atmosphere and it certainly helps with the scenic mountains not far off. Excellent trails for morning walks(anytime really) right on site and Albuquerque weather is fantastic.

The food we had was all very good. Try the tamale dish out on the patio, delicious.

The staff was kind and helpful when needed. For the most part, they leave you alone unless needed, which adds to the relaxed atmosphere.

The mountains always seem to reenergize me and this trip, although for work, was quite relaxing.

The room I had was clean but the bed was just average. I’m sure mattress upgrades aren’t cheap but they would go a long way to enhancing the room quality.

Anyways, I can’t say much for things to do in the area but there was a casino close by and horses to be ridden. Not to mention the golf course on the grounds.

I would consider returning to try some of the activities as well as relaxing by the mountains.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business