All reviews great pub for dinner homemade granola copper bath one night stay breakfast was delicious warm welcome pear room mount pleasant farm daisy countryside cheddar somerset
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We stopped here for a couple of nights enroute to Cornwall. The local village was where my wifes mother had been evacuated during WW2 and so we wanted to retrace her footsteps. We had an amazing couple of days. The B&B couldnt have been better- Daisy immediately made us feel so much at home, the Garden Room was beautifully finished with a lovely views and extremely comfortable bed, the breakfasts were delicious! Daisy was a fantastic host, and with her help we were welcomed into a house in the village where my wifes mother had lived for a number of years as a child in the early 1940s to escape the bombing in London. A very special and memorable couple of days.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Daisy N, Owner at Mount Pleasant Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

It was an absolute please to have you both to stay and I am so pleased you were able to retrace some of your mother in laws footsteps.
My neighbours loved showing you round their home and really enjoyed hearing your stories as did I.
:-)

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I can only really reiterate what has already been said about Mount Pleasant Farm and Daisy. We had a wonderful weekend here celebrating our wedding anniversary and Daisy could not do enough for us. We were lucky enough to stay in the Copper Pear room which is absolutely gorgeous. I loved the feel of the room and the views across the garden. The same went for the bathroom with the exquisite copper roll top bath (even if there is a love/hate relationship with it for Daisy). We were also treated to homemade Victoria sponge cake and shortbread biscuits which were delicious.
Breakfast was fantastic both mornings and I even braved a dip in the pool which was lovely and refreshing.
I can't fault a single thing about our stay here, it was truly wonderful. Thank you Daisy, we will be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a lovely review Shelley, it was a pleasure having you both to stay it was great to meet you both.
Glad you enjoyed a dip in the pool, since your visit we have had a heating system installed so hopefully next time you'll enjoy it even more.
Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

Super awesome service!! Daisy, the owner is such a lovely person, I do not think she could have done anything better to give us a warm welcome! Her homemade welcome cup cakes were yummylicious!!! Great selection of tea & coffee in the room with fresh milk kept in the small fridge reflected her luxurious taste.

English breakfast which includes fresh home made bread and to top it up home made garlic & herb sausage for vegetarians like us (my wife and me) were amazing. She caters food with so much love that it does not at all feel commercialized.

The whole property is so tastefully done. Daisy has put her heart & soul into renovating this property from what i know was in a dilapidated condition. She gives equal credit to her mother for contributing ideas :). She was kind enough to give us a quick tour of all 4 rooms. Every room and each feature is so unique. Daisy has a lovely story and thought process behind every decor pieces and concepts.
Location is appropriately remote; why i say this is because it is on a quiet country lane with great greens all around. Only commercial thing next door (900m away) is a village pub (mind it that is closed on Sunday afternoon). On the other hand there are too many options available to eat at a distance of 15-20min. According to me this makes it a great choice if you looking to get away from that small town B&B on a high street kind of feel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite and have great views.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Aww Varun... Thank you so much for such a glowing review!
It was an absolute pleasure having you both stay, you were perfect guests.
Really pleased you enjoyed the veggie sausages they are a favourite of mine too.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Mount Pleasant is a bed and breakfast most definitely worth seeking out. The owner, Daisy has a delightful cottage and beautifully decorated and comfortable bedrooms - all furnished differently and with a great eye for detail. Really something special.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. Two with roll top baths, two with wet rooms but each beautifully furnished.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a lovely review Anne. It was a pleasure having you both to stay and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. :-)

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This is, without doubt, the best Bed and Breakfast, I've ever stayed at.
Quirky, fabulous, arty decor. Beautiful setting. Great breakfast. Rooms spotlessly clean...not to mention gorgeous!!! (We had a peek at them all) And Daisy is a wonderful host. We loved it...only sorry that we'd booked for one night and not longer.
I really could go on and on but suffice to say I highly recommed a stay here.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful....difficult to choose between them
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Jane you are too kind - thank you for your lovely words! So pleased you enjoyed your stay, it was a pleasure to have you both in my home!