Open today: 08:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
First dive experience was amazing thanks to Russel & his team!

Reviewed 4 July 2022
Odie_dM
Fantastic scuba diving

We had a great time diving and snorkelling with Russel and his team. Even though the weather... read more

Reviewed 3 July 2022
JolineJ12
via mobile

All reviews experienced divers his team russel training andre pool qualifying barra sea mozambique
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2022

Honoured & grateful to have been able to experience my very first dive at Barra Reef divers, Russel & his amazing team. With Russel as my instructor & dive buddy I completed my 4 qualifying dives. What an amazing team. Learned so much & had loads of fun! Thank you for your patience & for being my "anchor" ... Come high tides or low tides, will definately sea you again! ❤ It was a dive to remember! 👌🏻 ... Barra Reef Divers, A must, on anyones "to-do-list" 👌🏻Masks (hats) off, to Russel, Andre & the skippers ,👌🏻

Date of experience: June 2022
1  Thank Odie_dM
Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

We had a great time diving and snorkelling with Russel and his team.

Even though the weather didn’t always play along Russel managed to give us a fantastic experience.

We’re already planning our return :)

Date of experience: July 2022
2  Thank JolineJ12
Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

Spent a fantastic week diving with Russel and the team.

They also helped my sister-in-law pass her qualifying dives so our scuba family circle got bigger! They really know their stuff and offer a great value for money service. Russell is an excellent instructor and one of the most experienced divers I have ever met.

The diving was excellent as well as the lagoon snorkeling and island excursions. Was so happy that I got to see my first seahorse in real life snorkeling in the lagoon! Also saw the largest crayfish of my entire life on one of the dives! So many great firsts. I can't wait to come back.

Date of experience: June 2022
1  Thank Ruark P
Reviewed 10 May 2020

In December 2019 we decided to take the long road north to holiday on the Barra Pennisula in Mozambique. We Dived with Barra Reef Divers, owned by Russel and Jacky, and they make you feel like family and friends, not just another client. Bambo the ever-smiling and friendly DM who is a local and knows the reefs and where to find many interesting critters. The gear at the dive center is well looked after and looks new and these guys are the longest operating outfit on Barra. The nice thing about Barra is that the peninsula is set in a huge bay so even if the weather is a bit foul out at sea, the inshore home reefs can still be dived. This is perfect for new and non-experienced divers as these home reefs are shallow and have almost no current. For the experienced diver light on air it meant Beth (My Better half) and I could take our time on the reef as the shallow dive profile allows for longer bottom times. So now we could spend our time photographing and looking for interesting critters and fish and also watch amazing species interactions underwater. The Offshore reefs are deeper and tend to have a bit of current, but they are worth the long boat ride and shortened bottom time, chances of seeing Mantas, sharks and other pelagics are always on the cards. Beth and I saw Manta and Leopard shark on these dives. When you get back from your first moring dive Barra Reef Sports Bar is perfect for breakfast and coffee between dives. They also have the largest training pool in Mozambique, 5m deep, and if you not training in it and have finished diving for the day, it is the perfect place to chill out in the sun on a deck chair and enjoy an RnR to celebrate the days diving. If you don't feel like diving, or want to do something that your non-diver buddies can also enjoy for the day go on a Sea Safari. Barra Reef Divers have been offering this service for years and they know where to go. You will be taken out by boat to look for Whalesharks, Mantas and Dolphins, once they find them you can put on a Mask, snorkel and fins, then ease into the water and swim with these wonderful creatures, a truly out of this world experience. If you are ever in Barra Mozambique follow the signs to Barra Reef Divers,you won't be disappointed, and if the weather is that bad there is always RnR and the Barra Sports Bar with a view.

Date of experience: December 2019
BarraReefDivers, Owner at Barra Reef Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2020

Hi Cameron, thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome review!! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and we very much look forward to sharing some more diving, breakfast and RnR's with you both soon! Until then, take care and best fishes. Russel & Jackie

Reviewed 2 May 2020

What a beautiful, relaxed dive centre right on the beach in Barra .. had 2 amazing dives, everything was really safe and easy and we enjoyed chatting at the bar after the dives, we will definitely be returning and i would recommend Barra Reef Divers to anyone! Thanks Russel, Jackie and team.. see you again!

Date of experience: September 2019
BarraReefDivers, Manager at Barra Reef Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2020

Hi Happy! Thank you for your kind review, we hope to see you again.. happy bubbles!