Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (1 331)
1 331 results
All reviews the river new forest henry adams wing the pub car park lovely location main building full english steak master builder classic room short break luxury room two night stay lovely room bar area wedding venue
Selected filters
32 - 37 of 1 331 reviews
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Lovely hotel in beautiful surroundings my husband and I spent a two night break at the hotel staff were attentive and helpful the gardens are picturesque with a view over the estuary. The pretty village of Beaulieu is a short walk away approx 2 miles along a flattish country path we visited the Beaulieu motor museum house and grounds which was well worth the visit.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank 805JoanneM
Kara Birrell, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2021

Dear 805JoanneM

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review following on from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your 2 night break at the hotel along with our enviable surroundings.

I do hope that we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2021 via mobile

We visited for lunch, and had pre-booked. We didn't have a table with a heater which was a bit disappointing, but there were blankets provided. The food was all very nice, and the staff were pleasant.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rubber_Duckie89
Kara Birrell, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Dear Rubber_Duckie89

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent lunch with us.

It is such a shame that the weather this April hasn't matched up to the scorching weather last April, alas the marquee heaters are somewhat limited in their output with having no sides on the marquee.

I do hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, perhaps in warmer weather.

Reviewed 17 April 2021

Lovely calm atmosphere that my three family members and I thoroughly enjoyed. I ordered the 8oz Angus beef burger and, in my humble burger judging opinion, it was one of the top three meals I have ever had. My grandmother ordered the “heritage beetroot”, which I tried (all covid regulations adhered to, of course) and absolutely loved, packed with creamy goats cheese and caramelised walnuts. Enough with my amateur food reviews though, staff were fundamentally friendly, pleasantly polite at all points of service, fun and seemingly personally involved in the business! For example, a very nice lady was happy to teach my grandfather and I the history behind the boat models, eccentric flags, and beautiful paintings of ships and historical figures that resided within the premises as we listened and looked on curiously. Had a great day out here and would highly recommend to anyone who is even remotely interested.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear neilhughess

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review following on from your recent meal with us.

I am delighted to hear that you all enjoyed your food, and the service you received.

I very much hope we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

Firstly, the food was very good. I was looking forward to a meal I hadn’t cooked myself and I wasn’t disappointed.
It was a cool evening and they did all they could to keep us warm: lots of lovely blankets, heaters overhead but most people were also wearing coats, hats, scarves.
The ordering process is a bit of a faff: get the wifi code, set up an account, scan a barcode and order online. The staff are helpful but it’s all a bit impersonal... unless you are a table of locals who didn’t seem to be able to cope with the smartphone palaver and who we’re allowed to order via the waiter. Surely if one table can order this way ...

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kara Birrell, General Manager at The Master Builder's House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2021

Dear soton2

Thank you for taking time to post a review following on from your recent meal with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal, despite the cool weather.

I agree with you regards to the ordering process. The online ordering makes it much more convenient for many of our guests, but it could be deemed as impersonal for others. My apologies for this, our team has been briefed to make guests aware of the online ordering process when they are seated, but to offer table service for ordering if preferred. I will reiterate this to the team to ensure no repeat occurrences.

I do hope that we might have the chance to welcome you back in the future, hopefully when it's a bit warmer!

Reviewed 14 April 2021

I understand due to Covid you have introduced online table service and the staff were very helpful although could have volunteered the wifi password or printed on the menu so we could actually connect.
My main concern though was that the online system stored my email address (normal) but also my phone number and credit card details, both unusual in my book. I was able to delete the credit card details after the payment had been made but I don't like them being store in the first place - I am nervous they are not encrypted and/or have not been deleted from all back ups.
Most importantly to me I still can't find any way of deleting my account and personal details especially as I also had to sign up for offers.
Please provide this privacy admin link as I don't want my phone number shared on any lists or even any unsolicited texts or calls from your organisation and this is the only method your feedback email gave to contact you.
You may also want to review the auto email you send out so people can contact the company directly and privately rather than on a public review site.

Dear John B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal with us.

My apologies that you weren’t offered the Wifi code. In hindsight, this should have been printed on the menu for ease. Rest assured that we will address this on our next print run of menus.

The online ordering company we use, like us, take privacy and GDPR very seriously and are fully compliant and legal. All privacy and cookie information is available to our customers on the online ordering system as it is a legal requirement.

I hope this reassures you.