Lowest prices for your stay
US$353
Free cancellation until 21/09/21
Expedia.comUS$356
Priceline
eDreamsUS$353
All reviews beautiful hotel cypress trees tuscan hills magical place attention to detail wonderful stay yogurt tuscany grounds setting terrace villa history di charm jack tranquility
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2020

Had the pleasure of staying at Villa di Piazzano for a week recently.

Lovely location - just outside of Cortona, a gorgeous old town that embodies everything that Tuscany is well admired for.

The rooms were very much in keeping with the refurbishment of this charming house. The bathrooms were clean and modern, with the bed an impressive size too.

The pool is lovely, not overcrowded, and backs onto a lovely view of the Tuscan hillside. The terrace is perfect for a nice drink relaxing watching the sun set over Cortona.

The staff were excellent throughout. We only had one minor issue, where we had been drinking by the pool all afternoon and were refused a drink. I felt this was a bit overly officious as it was not as though we were drunk, but I understand it was done on safety grounds due to being by the pool. We spoke with the manager who was very understanding and admitted it could have been handled better at the time and we did not have any further problems of this kind on the stay. Overall the staff could not have been nicer though and in particular, Davide, who was very friendly and helpful.

The only negative I would give, which is minor in the grand scheme of things, is that the restaurant is quite expensive for what it is. The setting is great, and the ease of being able to leave your room and dine is of course fantastic, however although well presented the options were relatively limited and not quite as tasty as the prices (nearly double that of Cortona restaurants) would suggest. It was good food, but not great and we much preferred the local delights in the town despite the taxi ride.

In terms of other amenities there are plenty of places nearby to drive to and see within 30 minutes, and if you are doing a tour it is well worth a stop. I would definitely stay again, and I would recommend to anyone who wanted to have a relaxing break in Tuscany.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank LonNW3
Reviewed 19 August 2020

Villa di Piazzano is a beautiful Tuscany Villa looking out to the hillside town of Cortona. The rooms are very well appointed and comfortable and the service is second to none. Breakfast is served outside under the loggia and is really good. Great swimming pool and side garden with relaxing chairs to view the sunset with a cocktail - bliss!!! I can see why painters come to Tuscany - the light is amazing and makes Villa di Piazzano even more magical - we will be back again - thanks to all the wonderful staff who made our stay so good.

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights here as a Belgian family of four including 2 daughters of 20 and 16 years old. This villa has the small luxury hotel of the world label and it certainly has its charms: the villa is beautifully situated and surrounded by a lovely garden and swimming pool, has a very romantic outdoor restaurant below the trees and a great view at Corona, an uphill Tuscan gem.
But above all the gentle and professional personnel, especially in the restaurant during breakfast and dining, made our stay here particularly pleasant. I hope the owners realize this and cherish their staff as this is a very important asset to create an unforgettable experience. The same holds for the cook! We did not have the intention to eat here every evening but the combination of the great food and service made us do so. The cook is also open to suggestions: he made us a very nice bruschetta combination upon our request. Breakfast is good (because of Covid 19 not presented in buffet style but at the table: every day delicious fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon, yoghurt, a selection of bread and biscuits, ham and cheese,...).
Only recommendation I would add is to upgrade the furniture in the rooms somewhat (closets for clothes). But overall a very nice experience and we do consider going back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

I can’t say enough things about this very elegant historical hotel.
The grounds are extremely luxurious.
Staff are so welcoming and delightful that feels as though they really know you and are determined to make your stay memorable. We were welcomed with a gorgeous picnic basket filled with delicacies. What a treat!
For years I had been determined to celebrate our 10th anniversary there and our celebration was very special.

Families with small children: We were worried that such a lovely grand villa would be too formal and dull for our children. Quite honestly this hotel may not be a good choice when traveling with small kids. When I first emailed the hotel, we were told that children can only stay during special circumstances.
Villa Di Piazzano is a peaceful haven and I understand their desire to keep it that way!
That said, there were several children during our stay (we were there in August) and the staff was very accommodating. The problem is you a have to deal with the looks from snobby guests seeking romance and tranquility in this tuscan retreat. Also, it’s difficult to keep children quiet at the pool. There is quiet time at the pool between 1-4pm and they enforce it!

The breakfast spread was delicious and served in the most beautiful patio restaurant.
Our suite was a dream with gorgeous views of the grounds. In the afternoons we would order a bottle of wine in the patio overlooking the cypress trees and the pool.

I would strongly recommend a renting a car. We were a group of six and paid 75 to 100 euro roundtrip going into town every day. Paid a lot more to visit Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino and Sienna. Pienza was our favorite Tuscan town but Cortona is very lovely.

There were two very special staff members who made our stay memorable. Unfortunately, it took me so long to write this that I don’t have their names (we were there August 2019) One of them is a very friendly and energetic waiter ( I believe his hair is blonde/red and has light eyes) who was there almost every day sometimes as early as breakfast and still at dinnertime. His attention to our children and our needs, especially during our vow renewal dinner is something we will never forget. The other gentleman was the manager during breakfast every morning. I think his name is Jean Carlo. He always made sure we had a nice table for the kids and would set something aside for my mother who would never make it to breakfast on time.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely!
I loved the attention to detail, beautifully landscaped grounds, our gorgeous suite and excellent service. This is one of those places you will always remember.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HoneybeeNY
Reviewed 11 November 2019

I loved this hotel. The staff from booking the room until the moment I left were friendly, responsive, professional and kind. I enjoyed every moment I was there. The grounds are absolutely stunning. The rooms are very nicely appointed and roomy. The restaurant is excellent and the staff there was exceptional. Because it's outside of the town of Cortona, we found that we were at the restaurant more than normal. We had drinks there and dinner. The breakfasts are also wonderful and the outside seating is idyllic. You can also take nice walks from the hotel which was a bonus for me. I often don't go back somewhere but this might be an exception!

Date of stay: October 2019