2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/09/21
Hotels.comUS$356
PricelineUS$353
Trip.comUS$495
All reviews beautiful hotel cypress trees tuscan hills magical place attention to detail wonderful stay yogurt tuscany grounds setting terrace villa history di charm jack tranquility
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights here as a Belgian family of four including 2 daughters of 20 and 16 years old. This villa has the small luxury hotel of the world label and it certainly has its charms: the villa is beautifully situated and surrounded by a lovely garden and swimming pool, has a very romantic outdoor restaurant below the trees and a great view at Corona, an uphill Tuscan gem.
But above all the gentle and professional personnel, especially in the restaurant during breakfast and dining, made our stay here particularly pleasant. I hope the owners realize this and cherish their staff as this is a very important asset to create an unforgettable experience. The same holds for the cook! We did not have the intention to eat here every evening but the combination of the great food and service made us do so. The cook is also open to suggestions: he made us a very nice bruschetta combination upon our request. Breakfast is good (because of Covid 19 not presented in buffet style but at the table: every day delicious fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and bacon, yoghurt, a selection of bread and biscuits, ham and cheese,...).
Only recommendation I would add is to upgrade the furniture in the rooms somewhat (closets for clothes). But overall a very nice experience and we do consider going back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2020 via mobile

I can’t say enough things about this very elegant historical hotel.
The grounds are extremely luxurious.
Staff are so welcoming and delightful that feels as though they really know you and are determined to make your stay memorable. We were welcomed with a gorgeous picnic basket filled with delicacies. What a treat!
For years I had been determined to celebrate our 10th anniversary there and our celebration was very special.

Families with small children: We were worried that such a lovely grand villa would be too formal and dull for our children. Quite honestly this hotel may not be a good choice when traveling with small kids. When I first emailed the hotel, we were told that children can only stay during special circumstances.
Villa Di Piazzano is a peaceful haven and I understand their desire to keep it that way!
That said, there were several children during our stay (we were there in August) and the staff was very accommodating. The problem is you a have to deal with the looks from snobby guests seeking romance and tranquility in this tuscan retreat. Also, it’s difficult to keep children quiet at the pool. There is quiet time at the pool between 1-4pm and they enforce it!

The breakfast spread was delicious and served in the most beautiful patio restaurant.
Our suite was a dream with gorgeous views of the grounds. In the afternoons we would order a bottle of wine in the patio overlooking the cypress trees and the pool.

I would strongly recommend a renting a car. We were a group of six and paid 75 to 100 euro roundtrip going into town every day. Paid a lot more to visit Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino and Sienna. Pienza was our favorite Tuscan town but Cortona is very lovely.

There were two very special staff members who made our stay memorable. Unfortunately, it took me so long to write this that I don’t have their names (we were there August 2019) One of them is a very friendly and energetic waiter ( I believe his hair is blonde/red and has light eyes) who was there almost every day sometimes as early as breakfast and still at dinnertime. His attention to our children and our needs, especially during our vow renewal dinner is something we will never forget. The other gentleman was the manager during breakfast every morning. I think his name is Jean Carlo. He always made sure we had a nice table for the kids and would set something aside for my mother who would never make it to breakfast on time.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely!
I loved the attention to detail, beautifully landscaped grounds, our gorgeous suite and excellent service. This is one of those places you will always remember.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank HoneybeeNY
Reviewed 11 November 2019

I loved this hotel. The staff from booking the room until the moment I left were friendly, responsive, professional and kind. I enjoyed every moment I was there. The grounds are absolutely stunning. The rooms are very nicely appointed and roomy. The restaurant is excellent and the staff there was exceptional. Because it's outside of the town of Cortona, we found that we were at the restaurant more than normal. We had drinks there and dinner. The breakfasts are also wonderful and the outside seating is idyllic. You can also take nice walks from the hotel which was a bonus for me. I often don't go back somewhere but this might be an exception!

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank sfgaltraveler
Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

The staff at Villa di Piazzano are exceptional. The location is beautiful. The food was delicious. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. Our bedrooms were outside in the adjacent buildings, very comfortable and I can’t stress enough how wonderful the staff were. If I’m honest, I would like to keep this place a secret!! You won’t be disappointed, great location to explore Tuscany, you definitely need a car. If I could make one suggestion , it would be to create a room for massage/beauty treatments. As it’s not as relaxing having a massage in your bedroom. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Bouvardi
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

Amazing place. Unfortunately I wasn’t staying there but had a wonderful meal one evening. Very rustic and just screams Italy when you are there. Staff are friendly and just add even more to the enjoyable experience. Food was amazing and plenty of it! Will definitely be going back and hopefully stay a night this time!

Date of stay: October 2019