“Wish I could keep this one to myself”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
HeatherRH...
Whitby, United Kingdom
“Wish I could keep this one to myself”
Reviewed 3 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I booked a 3 night stay here last week for me and my dog, some time out. We stayed in one of the apartments above the swimming pool building. It was just right, clean, warm, comfortable with everything needed supplied ( except pool towels, which is fine). The people who own the farm are just lovely and can't do enough to help, it's genuinely dog-friendly ( as opposed to many that state this but mean 'dog-tolerant'), and I had a wonderful few days relaxing, wandering around the grounds and visiting Malton- and swimming in the pool (which was genuinely a heated one) .
I fully intend to make this a regular booking, as Malton is also one of the most dog-friendly towns I've come across, so taking my canine mate with me wasn't a problem. I've already recommended this accomodation to friends as a fabulous place to stay.
Probably the only things I would point out is that, if you book eiither of the apartments, access to each is via a metal external staircase with 18 fairly steep steps up to it, so you deinitely need to be mobile.
Also, although there is free Wifi I couldn;t access this from the apartment ( bit of a relief, really, and I'd got 3G for emergencies) but could from the corridor by the pool. . Other than those points, which didn;t matter much to me, it's a total recommendation. The cottage, I imagine, wouldn;t be a problem with either.

WizC14
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Amazing cottage for a relaxing break.”
Reviewed 6 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Stayed here in April/May and the weather was lovely adding to the countryside views from most rooms. The Cottage is spacious and very well equipped, with very comfortable beds and all bedrooms are ensuite. The added bonus of the swimming pool was enjoyed by all. The animals especially the goats kept us amused over coffee in 1 of the 2 conservatories. The owners Rosey and Trev were lovely friendly hosts, nothing was too much trouble and available but not intrusive at all times. Thermo and Ella the resident dogs were friendly and welcoming to our dog. We tried the restaurants at the Ham and Cheese and the Dawnay Arms both of which were dog friendly and excellent food.

Andrea B
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect place for family holiday”
Reviewed 30 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We booked Hartswood Farm as we wanted somewhere for the family to stay where we could spend time together, but also have some space and privacy. We also wanted somewhere that welcomed dogs. Hartswood Farm was absolutely perfect. It is spacious, with several separate areas for sitting and dining. Also two large TVs and a fabulous, well equipped kitchen. All rooms are en suite and the beds are very comfortable. There are beautiful views and my little granddaughter loved going out to see the animals. We were able to use the caravan field to let the dog run and play with her ball. She was in her element. Rosie and her husband were perfect hosts in that they were happy to offer help and advice but we're not intrusive. Home made cakes were provided on arrival which were very much appreciated. Hartswood is well situated to visit many attractions and leaflets are provided to help you choose. I would recommend that you stock up on supplies as to get to the nearest shop you do have to drive. I can't praise Hartswood enough and would love to return. I have recommended it to many friends who are wanting to book holidays with their families/friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious accommodation with fabulous views
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
SarahnJ0h...
Newcastle, England
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 28 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We received a warm welcome from Rosie on arrival and were delighted with the spacious accomodation with its choice of two large lounges, lovely kitchen diner, formal dining area and a conservatory with wonderful views over the countryside, goats and chickens. All the bedrooms had ensuites, what a bonus, and the beds were very comfy indeed.
The swimming pool was wonderful and a fabulous size. The changing facilities and shower were pristine.
All in all we loved this place and had a fabulous holiday as did our dog Penny.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
29 Jul 2016
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hartswood Farm, we couldn't be happier that you, and of course your dog Penny, had a lovely break there. Being able to enjoy the country views from the comfort of the property sounds wonderful, and the pool a real treat! We will be sure to pass your comments along to the owner and hope you return to enjoy the place again soon.
Elleode
Cambridge
“Great Farm”
Reviewed 14 February 2016 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a great place to stay. I took my little dog who visited most of the places we did. We only left her one afternoon when we went into York for a meal. The swimming pool is great we had it to ourselves most of the time and was clean and warm. The hosts were really nice too and the accommodation was spotless, warm and cosy.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing