Fort D'Acre Reserve
Halyards Hotel(Port Alfred)
US$68
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
MyPond Hotel(Port Alfred)(Great Value!)
US$57
Graham Hotel(Grahamstown)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Kwandwe Private Game Reserve(Kwandwe Private Game Reserve)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe reservelovely lodgeexcellent hostsgame drivesking suitebeautiful private beachdining tablefish riverher husbandwonderful placewonderful staybest of both worldsyour doorstepbreathtaking viewshidden gemonce in a lifetimewild animals
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Thanks Nicole for a lovely warm, peaceful and much needed stay at Fort D'Acre. The stay was amazing and look forward to staying again, hopefully in the winter! Please thank your staff for setting up the lovely braai for us, we really enjoyed being able to braai ourselves and catch up over a glass of wine in front of the fire. Keep well till the next time....

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FortdAcre, Manager at Fort D'Acre Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the review. We really appreciate it and great to see you both had a wonderful time with us. It was only a pleasure to set up the braai area for you , nothing beats a good fire. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fort D'Acre Reserve.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Perfect breakaway - we only spent 1 night, but it felt like we have spend 2....luxurious!

The lodge is wonderful...the views are great .... peaceful, relaxing, quiet ...

Friendly service, it felt like home away from home.... but only better!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FortdAcre, Manager at Fort D'Acre Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2016

Hi Marius,

Thank you for the review. It always makes us happy to see that our guests enjoyed their stay, that they felt relaxed and at home.

It was great to meet both of you and we look forward to welcoming you again at our little piece if paradise.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

I spent two nights in this place and I was gushing to the managers of how excellent their establishment is. This private reserve is just over 20 km from the town of Port Alfred. If you want peace and quiet, this is the place for you. What impressed me the most is how you get to see the ocean from your bed, and you also get to spot some wild animals while seated in your room. The views from my room were to die for. The lodge itself is beautiful, recently renovated. My room was beautiful, with a large and comfortable bed. I had two very restful nights. The room has a bath tub and a large shower. There is a separate toilet. My room also had a mini lounge with a mini bar fridge, and a balcony - also overlooking the ocean. The court yard, with a sparking pool is also very beautiful. Then I went for a game drive, and I was blown away. I saw so many animals, it was just an incredible experience that I would recommend to every visitor to the lodge. Then food, the selection is not large, but it is tastey, high quality stuff. On both day, they baked muffins, savoury on the first day and sweet on the second day. I enjoyed their breakfast. I asked the host to prepare dinner for me on both nights. Lovely butternut soup with warm rolls and salad on the first night, and delicious pizza on the second night. both these dinners were reasonably priced, and there is nothing bettwer than enjoying home cooked meal in their cosy dinning room, next to fire place. The only challenge is that you get to share a dining table with other guests. i think this is a great idea to create that homely feel, and for the guests to get to know each other. However, I don't think the couple who was there at the same time with me were comfortable to share a table with me. Then there is the host, Nicole who was gracious and made me feel at home. There is an effort to make guests feel welcome and at home. She is truly remarkable. Other management and staff were also very efficient and good. I have stayed in so many places accross the world, but I can say that this lodge is one of my firm fovourites. I had a truly great time and I will return many times. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Dear Abongile,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review, I am so glad you had a great time and were able to relax. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Fort D'Acre.

Have a lovely holiday in Thailand.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

We stayed for only three days, but we should have stayed longer. Beautiful lodge, staff friendly and game drives a pure joy. We will definitely visit Ford D'Acre again in the near future. I can recommend this lodge for a relaxing breakaway

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FortdAcre, Manager at Fort D'Acre Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Good morning Christine,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am so glad you enjoyed the lodge and what we have to offer. It was great to meet you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you back to Fort D'Acre soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms have beautiful view. Breakfast was great and supper very tasty too. Game drive was very good and insightful. Awesome secluded beach. Over all worth every cent!!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FortdAcre, Manager at Fort D'Acre Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Hi Gareth,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up a review on Fort D'Acre Reserve. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the lovely comments and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon to our little piece of paradise.