Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
IS

Amazing place

Review of Ten Bompas
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 05 May 2024
Convenient location, great property and amazing staff to make you feel valued and accommodate any special wishes
Date of stay: May 2024
      R 2 633
    1.5 km from Ten Bompas
    Pool
    View more hotels in Dunkeld West
    All reviews an oasis interesting hotel the bed was extremely comfortable sitting area wine cellar peace and tranquility nice garden small hotel busy city walking distance fireplace johannesburg laundry rosebank revamp
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 27 August 2023

very nice hotel in quiet and save area. excellent service.
    very nice garden to unwind.
    excellent restaurant, meals are delicious, extended wine list.
    breakfast also excellent, really a recommandation.

Date of stay: August 2023
    Reviewed 6 July 2023 via mobile

I hesitate to write a review because selfishly I don’t want this place to be over booked when I am visiting Joburg. This place is amazing. The staff are always friendly and willing to help. The food is always good and I can say that of all the times I have stayed (many) I have never had a bad meal! Finally, the rooms make you feel like you are at home bs a hotel. They are all suites - rustic - but clean and have more than you will need. There are many good hotels in Sandton, but this beats them all.

Date of stay: July 2023
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Peter Aucamp, Propriétaire at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2023

Hi Jason and apologies for the delayed response. Thank you so much for this great review. It is a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seing you again. Warmest regards, Sean, Portia, Sandile and the rest of the team!

Reviewed 8 May 2023 via mobile

I actually would have given a score of just under 4 if I could. This hotel has been around for quite a while and was conveniently located for me post a meal out. The hotel is part of the Marriott group now and am accustomed to the customary greeting and status recognition , etc, but none of this. First, the booking could not be found, and then it was with a comment that I was due the previous day, which I had amended. In Marriott properties, there is the option for a food voucher or 1000 points, but when I asked about this, there was a lack of any recognition of this, so I left it. Anyway the room is spacious with separate living and bedroom with balcony that is in the garden and is very peaceful. The first impression is that the rooms are dated and very dark, though to be fair, the garden can affect this. However, the overall decor was very reminiscent of 1990 hotels, as was the bathroom, but everything did work, especially the wifi. I can't remember the last time I saw a mini hifi system like there was in the room! Given its location, the peace and quiet were great, and the hotel does have backup power generation.
    Not wanting to sound too harsh, but a revamp would be of great benefit, and considering that there are more up to date and cheaper hotels around (maybe per square metre, not so) the property would certainly benefit. I did enjoy my stay and provided all that I needed but was disappointed when comparing web pictures to reality. The location is very good with easy access to Sandton, etc, and highways. Hyde Park shopping centre is walking distance.

Room tip: Limited but secure parking.
    Date of stay: May 2023
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 31 October 2022

This is no modern hotel but the quality of the hotel is really high. Staff are very helpful, the meal is good and the environment is really peaceful, clean, safe and tranquil. Lovely hotel with just 10 guests in 10 suites, I would recommend and would also stay again.

Date of stay: October 2022
    Reviewed 9 October 2022 via mobile

The food was ok. The place was pretty and very tidy. Nice garden and good facilities for meetings. The projector was located too close to the ceiling and was very hard to manage to improve the size and quality of the image. Location was close to Rosebank.

Date of stay: September 2022
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Sean Hall, General Manager at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2022

Dear DrCDavisB

Thank you taking the time to provide us with your review. I am thrilled you got to enjoy our gardens and found our conference facilities to be good. Whilst our projector is fully controllable via a remote, we will certainly have a look to see if there was perhaps a setting that needed to be changed.

Warm Regards