Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
GF

Incredible incredible hotel

Review of Ten Bompas
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Feb 2022
Hi , we arrived from Toronto, the hotel and the gardens are stunning. Our room was spotless and so so comfortable with a gorgeous porch. The staff were so responsive to our every need. Our laundry was done every day, complementary. The staff were incredibly friendly and whatever we needed was attended to immediately. The whole experience was incredible and we were so sad to leave and hope to be back soon!!!A must visit while in Johannesburg!!
Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sean Hall, General Manager at Ten Bompas, responded to this review
Responded 13 Jun 2022
Dear G1CF,

Thank you for your positive review, I am thrilled you found the team to be responsive and i am very happy you got to enjoy our beautifully appointed bedrooms.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warm regards

• ZenHotels.com
    R 460
1.2 km from Ten Bompas
R 1 161
No fees just great deals
    0.9 km from Ten Bompas
      R 1 840
    1 & 2 Bedroom Apartment - Bedroom
    R 1 083
    View more hotels in Dunkeld West
    All reviews an oasis interesting hotel the bed was extremely comfortable sitting area wine cellar peace and tranquility nice garden small hotel busy city walking distance fireplace johannesburg laundry rosebank revamp
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 29 January 2022

What a lovely place to stay in an ideal location in Johannesburg. This small hotel is an oasis of calm amidst this busy city. Our suite was spacious and very well appointed, the bed was extremely comfortable, nice to have a sitting area separate from the bedroom. Plenty of storage space as well. Sadly the food was a little disappointing but this can be forgiven as there were very few guests and I presume most things were frozen in order to avoid too much waste. The service by the staff, particularly Gloria, Abie and Emmanuel was exemplary and they made our stay so comfortable. Will definitely return to this wonderful hotel.

Date of stay: December 2021
    1  Thank gwynnethv2020
    Peter Aucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2022

Dear Gwynneth, thank you for you review of our hotel. Great to see that you enjoyed your suite and terrace. Thanks for mentioning the service staff, we will share your comments with them. We note your comments on the food. It shouldnt have been frozen but there may have been an issue with the change of seasonal menu, and working through the older items before bringing in the new. Not an excuse but we will take this up with the chef. Warmest regards, Peter and the team at Ten Bompas

Reviewed 16 October 2021

My husband and I had a night in Johannesburg and wanted to splurge and stay somewhere nice. Wow, did this hotel not disappoint. The trip started off with a snafu; I noticed when I checked into the hotel that I had left my passport on the plane. Mitch, the manager, called the airline for me (which saved me hours of wait time) to have someone physically check our plane. He also knew someone in tech ops that he called in for a personal favor. In such a stressful situation, I was completely blown away by the level of service to make my stay comfortable. About the rooms: comfortable beds, spacious, and welcome bottle of wine in the room on arrival. The property was well maintained and the restaurant in the hotel was incredible. We liked the restaurant so much we ate there for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Appeared to be a destination restaurant for others not staying in the hotel to make a trek to eat at. We hope we can come back to this beautiful property. Thank you to Mitch and his talented staff for making the trip so special!

Date of stay: October 2021
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

Early June 2021 I celebrated my 50th birthday in a closed function luncheon at The Wine Room at Ten Bompas.
    From the initial meeting with Mitch to follow-up correspondence and engagement with Maleeha & Mitch, the service was impeccable & their flexibility in planning amazing.
    With strict COVID protocols, they served a fantastic 3 course luncheon to my closest friends and family within agreed numbers, timing and most importantly budget without any compromise on service or standards of their establishment.
    The atmosphere is casual elegance; the food remarkable & the service exceptional. A simple array of starters were offered, followed by an offering of 4 main meals and 3 desserts to choose from.
    Maleeha, Mitch & their team made my celebrations truly memorable and have not only gained me as an avid fan, but all who attended the celebration.
    I am so grateful to this special group of people and highly recommend the establishment to any who have not yet experienced what they have to offer.

Date of stay: June 2021
    Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 3 March 2021

I wish I'd known about this hotel before, as it is a gem in the horror that is Johannesburg.

Even before we arrived, I received an email from Mitch, asking what his team could do to better our stay, and pre-emptively booking us dinners.

We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms and the general feel of the place, which was more like being in a house/flat in suburbia than in a hotel.

The food was delicious, and the wine selection simply superb!

This will definitely be our go-to accommodation when in Joburg from now on!

Date of stay: February 2021
    2  Thank Nakkiran
    Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

Had a business lunch at the facility and ordered halal food and wow really delicious. The area that we sat at was fairly disruptive because you could hear the cars riding up and down the street. Other than that good ambiance.

Date of stay: December 2020
    Trip type: Travelled on business
    Peter Aucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Thank you for your feedback.
    We are glad that you enjoyed your overall experience.
    We hope to host you again.
    Regards the Ten Bompas Team