Lowest prices for your stay
US$190
Free cancellation until 21/06/29
Hotels.comUS$199
eDreamsUS$190
PricelineUS$209
All reviews free laundry business lunch mini bar an oasis sitting area joburg
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2019 via mobile

great time. accommod
ation is awesome. good food. great
ambiance. private and secure. friendly and helpful staff. will definately do this again. neat rooms. peaceful and quiet. great wine. can recommend this yo all.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PeterAucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Thank you so much for this review. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel and restaurant. Thank you too for mentioning the contribution of our team to your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Warmest regards from Mitch and the team at Ten Bompas Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2019

A real gem of a 10 suite hotel, well situated in JoBurg. The staff are always pleased to be of real assistance. The value for money is there, with a fully stocked bar in the rooms and a really generous breakfast. Having one of JoBurg’s best restaurant on site, is a great plus in a city where wandering around at night, is not advisable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
PeterAucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2019

Dear Sarah, thank you so much for this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to host you and your wonderful guests. Great also to have you stay with us you once again. We treasure our relationship with you. Warmest of regards, Mitch and the team at Ten Bompas and Winehouse Restaurant. (And big hugs from Peter and Christoff!).

Reviewed 17 August 2019

Awesome food and a lovely 4 course meal.My 4 course was as follows: 1) 63degree egg -This is a must have! 2) Pork -Very delicious and bursting with flavour 3) Lamb belly -oh the Indian curry flavours that came out of the lamb were very unexpected and the pomogranate added a very lovely twist to the meal.This was the best meal I’ve had in the entire 4 course. 4) Raspberry dessert - not too sweet and very delicious

Trip type: Travelled with friends
PeterAucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2019

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are delighted you had a good experience at our Winehouse Restaurant. We hope to see you again soon! Warmest regards, Johannes, Mitch and the team at Winehouse, Ten Bompas Hotel.

Reviewed 7 June 2019

Have to agree the property needs updating and maintenance. I stayed here with my Marriott Bonvoy 35k cert so I feel like I got a good deal but I would not pay cash rates until the property is finished being updated. My heater didn't work (I notified them and they brought in a temporary hearter for the evening), my toilet would not stop running half the time I flushed it and there was an inch of standing water in the shower when I was done. The place needs TLC.

The restaurant was great, I did lunch there as I was starving and wanted to dine there anyway and that I recommend 100%. No issues with the staff, all pleasant to deal with. It's located in the middle of a neighborhood but that's obvious if you've researched the hotel at all, nothing is really in walking distance but it's easy to catch an Uber where ever you want to go. I saw some complaints by people staying on points that breakfast wasn't included but I didn't have an issue with that as breakfast was never promised on booking anyway and the hotel was very upfront about it going so far as to leave a letter reminding me my points rate wasn't eligible for breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank travelsforpenguins
PeterAucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Dear Lorna, thank you for taking the time to post this review. The maintenance issues mentioned and those in your room are of great concern and we have arranged an immediate maintenance audit of all the rooms. We We are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Winehouse, our restaurant and found the staff pleasant. Warmest regards, Peter, Mitch and the team at Ten Bompas Hotel.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

The hotel is small, but the rooms are large and cozy. The rooms have all the amenities of a five star resort but they however a bit tired. Probably very luxurious ten to twenty years ago but now in need of a revamp. A bit of maintenance is needed on the detail in the room too. The flat screen tv sits an on old TV stand in a very awkward position and the reception wasn't working for DSTV. The heater in the bathroom was connected to a plug point that was hanging off the wall, looked very dangerous and wasn't working. Staff were incredible though and very friendly and tried to assist as best they could with anything we needed with smiles on their faces. The Winehouse restaurant was amazing though and it seems many guests just come for the restaurant and don't actually stay over, a further review on TripAdvisor for the restaurant.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank MJRaddall
PeterAucamp, Owner at Ten Bompas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2019

Dear MJ - thank you for this review. We have taken note of the comments made. We are in the process of upgrading rooms but will immediately attend to outstanding issues especially as regards maintenance that you have identified. Thank you for mentioning the staff and the restaurant in your review. Warmest regards, Peter and the team at Ten Bompas and Winehouse Restaurant.