“Beautiful ”

Ranked #14 of 96 Restaurants in Cheadle
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just visited for the first time and can't believe this gem has been so close to us and I've never been. We had a lovely meal segued by amazing staff. The seafood grill was delicious and everybody else enjoyed their meals too. We will be going back again very soon!

Elissa H, Team leader at The Ashlea Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we aim to please!!
As you haven't visited us often, we have several offers that you may be interested in.....Wednesdays = gourmet burger and drink* £10, Thursdays = 9oz rump steak £8, Friday = Atlantic cod and chips £7 plus £10 Fizz all day and Saturdays = steak and wine for two £20!!! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Ashlea has gone through many changes over the years which is based in Cheadle. Its attraction given that it is always full appears to be the diversity of the pub with its different levels and different room together with its very relaxed atmosphere. It is all very relaxed with specifically unmatched tables and chairs.of different shapes and designs. We visited for dinner as we occasionally do and had an enjoyable meal. The service was and is normally always very good with waiters and waitresses appearing to run around to serve all of the customers assuming they are short staffed. It is often booked up and hard to find a table if you just turn up which is what we normally do but sometimes find ourself out of luck as they are booked up but they always try and fit you in somewhere. Their isnst a great menu choice to choose from at the moment although the menu does get changed and depending on what you like you may find it just find or short of some typical basic dishes like they used to have such as Liver and Onions ect. However we did enjoy a good Gamon steak and had a pleasant time there. Good location though with good parking space and normally good value to. Hope it remains there fro a long time although i would be happier if they put the liver back on

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent visit. Even when short staffed we always try and exceed our guest experiences and try to accommodate those without reservation where possible. There are several menus on offer at the moment including our delicious summer specials menu! You never know the liver and onions maybe back on our winter menu which usually launches around September. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A nice pub located in a convenient place just away from the high street in Cheadle. Well cooked food and pleasant decor, with large car park. Can recommend.

Elissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Ashlea Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you for your lovely review, I’m glad to hear you had a nice time on your recent visit.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks
Elissa

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Visited this pub as two couples around 6:45pm on a Sunday evening, as we had heard good things about the food. Ordered drinks and 4 meals from the Sunday menu, all carvery meals.The 2 beef based meals came with sage & onion stuffing, (?) ! It should have been served with horseradish sauce, as per the menu. I asked for some horseradish sauce, and my wife asked for mint sauce, both never came ! We were in no rush & we are not 'moaning minnies', so we let it go. Roast potatoes were soggy and the gravy claimed to be 'premium' grade; my a**e ! B**TO gravy granules,( which is why we stopped visiting another popular eatery within a stones throw of the Ashlea).
We should have known better, however 3 desserts were ordered. The 2 with ice cream obviously were OK, (what could you mess up with ice cream?) My wife had apple/plum crumble with custard. It was hot on one side, cold on the other.(maybe the microwave hadn't been set for long enough?) Again we let it go. ( I should say the pub wasn't very busy).The best bit was when I paid the bill. My wife had ordered a 250ml glass of Rose wine and when I looked at the bill I had been charged £6.49 for it !!! I know these places make their money on drinks and I am no way mean, but at least Dick Turpin had the courtesy of wearing a mask when he robbed you ! I would recommend if you visit this place to have a meal, go for ones on an offer (2 for £14 for example), don't order wine by the glass, and don't order bottles of soft drinks as we were charged £2.55 for a bottle of coke. Better still visit the establishment not too far away, on the corner of Kingsway and Manchester road. It doesn't pretend to be what it isn't, and offers excellent food and drinks at a sensible price and good service for what it is. I have no connection with any other eating places, I don't leave many reviews, however I hope this helps everyone out there ?

1  Thank Martin S
Elissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Ashlea Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, I am really sorry you didn’t enjoy your recent visit to us and if you would like to discuss this matter further with us please do not hesitate to contact us on 01614280413

Elissa

Reviewed 30 May 2018

The atmosphere was good until only one waitress was on duty! Food was average and could do with being reviewed to reduce the price on some items on the menu.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Elissa H, Guest Relations Manager at The Ashlea Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, due to a few staff illnesses we were a bit short staffed last week.