The Royal Hotel
Riebeek Valley Hotel(Riebeek-West)(Great Value!)
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Ridgeback House(Windmeul)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$83
TripAdvisor
Perle-du-Cap Private Suite Estate(Paarl)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$145
US$128
US$124
US$111
US$106
US$131
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold world charmhalf pricegin and tonicbeautiful hotelroom servicecape towncourse dinneroldest hotelsouth africaunderfloor heatinghotel restaurantcouple of yearsquaint townwine listhappy hourmain buildingget away
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We spent an excellent night in this old fashioned hotel in the middle of town. Nice staff, good breakfast and lovely room. Will visit again, maybe in summer next time. Great location if you want to take a stroll into the town or as a base for some wine tasting.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm P
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

What a gem of a place, a find among finds. While certain elements might not live up to imagined expectations, the authenticity and staff are unparalleled. The old world sensibility and above and beyond accommodation of even the smallest request makes the Royal a hotel in the truest sense of the word.

Maxwell the duty manager is phenomenal, arranging last minute details with aplomb.

The oldest hotel in the western cape may very well be the best.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dean S
Reviewed 16 June 2016

The Royal Hotel in Riebeek for me is a must visit when in South Africa. I like the village that is becoming more and more alive and popular. I love the friendly and welcoming ambiance of the Royal Hotel with their amazing gin & tonics (make sure that you try one...) happy hour. I love their wine menu featuring the best wines of the Swartland area, but for sure I love their food. Since I am not so much of a meet eater, I try fish where even I can. Fish and chips, it doesn't sound exiting and most of the times it isn't. But here at the Royal, I got it crispy as it should be, tasty, with divine chips. The best I ever had. I hope they will keep this on their menu for ever...

Room Tip: I like the garden rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Marjolein W
Reviewed 8 June 2016

What a treat! Pristine setting with beautiful gardens, lovely rooms, awesome big front verandah for watching people go by while sipping on one of their huge selection of delicious Gin and tonics. Incredibly accommodating and friendly staff! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KathLatskyBurns
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Do yourself a favour and book dinner at The Royal Hotel for their 5-course Tasting Menu. I'm not sure why it is referred to as a Tasting Menu, since the portions in each of the delicious 5 courses seemed 'normal size' to me... in fact, we had to take frequent breaks to go stretch out on the comfortable stoep seating between courses ;) The presentation, portions, flavor and variety of each of the dishes was simply superb! The dining ambience and attentive and friendly service from the Hotel's professional staff only added to our overall experience... and we did indeed feel like Royalty at the Royal Hotel :) We highly recommend it ! Melanie and Jaco Nel

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple