“Under new Management - The Valley Kitchen”
Review of Cafe On Plein

Cafe On Plein
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch. Awesome atmosphere and very friendly staff. You can sit outside or inside air-con section. The cafe is under new management since the start of Feb 2018 and the new owners are very hands on, checking up with customers on regular basis and even helping staff when it gets busy. Would definitely recommend the steak!!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We are always on the hunt for kid-friendly eateries. However, we probably won't come back here.
The pro's: the kids were entertained in the play area and the wife and I had plenty of time to chat.
The con's: painfully slow service, food arrived at intervals, the food was not very good and the best way to rate a coffee shop - the coffee was very mediocre.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I am not someone to normally complain about this kind of thing. But today myself, my friends and even the table next to us had the worst experience ever at this place. We arrived at around 10:30 with no waiter in sight. We sat down and waited about 10 minutes and no one was even visible. I decided to go inside and say that we are there and we would like to grab a cup of coffee. At around 11:00 we decided what we wanted to eat (since we had to share a menu we took a bit longer) and we ordered. I distinctly remember this since we only just made the cut off time for the breakfast which was at 11:00. I kid you not...... 90 minutes later our meals arrived at our table. I cut into my burger and it was so raw that I took it back and even said they can microwave it since I was that hungry and wasn't prepared to wait another 90 minutes for that. Eventually got another burger that tasted good but while I was eating I heard the gentleman next to us mention that his pattie was still frozen. If it wasn't for our waiter (that didn't even work there she helped out as she actually owns the shop next door) we would've left before the food arrived. Absolutely not pleasant and won't recommend this place to anyone. We finished our meals and paid the bill and left. We arrived at 10:30 and we left at 13:34 while we were still chewing. Absolutely horrible.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

A hidden gem of a coffee shop that serves the most awesome filled pancakes and coffee with condense milk . ..wow!
Well worth a visit
Service was excellent

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

I'm still waiting for my order (placed 30 mins ago) while I'm writing this review. If I manage to remove the sticky placemat from my arm I would be able to call the only waitress on duty so I can get the bill and go somewhere else. This is peak tourist season and I believe restaurant owners should be aware of that. Don't even bother coming here...