“Pizza and burgers”

Rooibos Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 41 Restaurants in Strand
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Reviewed 29 May 2016

If you are in the mood for good pizza or burgers, this is the place. The menu is fairly straightforward, but it is good food at a good price. And the wine list won't bankrupt you.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

We ordered pizza take aways and were very disappointed. Pizzas were tasteless and the restaurant messed up the order by marking the wrong box with the vegetarian pizza. My husband is a vegetarian and he got the pizza with meat on. Neatles to say, not a good experience. Hope they get their act together.

1  Thank ANN546464
Reviewed 22 May 2016

We had dinner early May 2016. We had no reservation and was welcomed by the owner and his staff.

The owner was very friendly and we had a warm welcome. The decor is eating hall style and the tables had no table clothes and no serviettes but paper serviettes were offered.. As we walked into the restaurant the smoking section was not properly isolated and regretfully the strong smell of smoke was very apparent.

Unfortunately the detail expected of the prices asked on the menu does not correlate with the items offered.
The quality of the glasses are poor and are not very good as it is the entry level type glasses.
There is no table cloths and serviettes on the tables. Cutlery was also of poor quality.
The products on the pizza was inferior quality and the Parmigiana served has gone so bad that I could not eat the slice of Pizza i sprinkled it on. I told the manager this but he is of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with the cheese without even bothering to sample this.

I was halfway with my meal before my wife got served her food as the waiter apparently ordered it incorrectly. The staff and the manager did not try and fast track her incorrect order but had to wait in the normal production line.

I am of opinion that although this institution are trying to offer superior quality food and service and the owner is a very nice person, the restaurant lacks a lot of detail.

The prices for Pizzas and wine prices are not out of range for a decent Pizzeria but the quality of the products offered including cutlery and glasses are inferior to the quality expected for the pricing charged.

I sincerely hope that "Rooibos" can address these issues sooner than later as they will most likely become another unsuccesfull restaurant in an area if they dont.