Terelj Hotel(Gorkhi Terelj National Park)
US$421
Priceline
Red Rock Resort(Gorkhi Terelj National Park)
US$120
Big Sky Lodge at Terelj(Gorkhi Terelj National Park)
Hotel Street63(Ulaanbaatar)
Chinggis Khaan Hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
US$114
US$100
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

Voyage Hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
US$58
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Mirage Tourist Camp(Gorkhi Terelj National Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsenglish speaking staffsouplook no furtherhour drivethree daysother guestscan't wait to go backhorseback ridingcartlibraryouthouseyakmirrorserenitybonfireenvironmentactivities
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Leading up to my visit, I was researching places to stay where I could be away from social media and technology while soaking in the Mongolian wilderness. I came across Nomadic Journeys and Jalman Meadows Wilderness Camp seemed to fit that mold.

All of the organizational logistics went smoothly and the 3 hour ride to the camp was calm and scenic. Once I arrived, I was greeted by two staff members, who immediately helped me with my bags and showed me to my gert. It was raining the day I arrived, and the staff didn't waste any time getting the fire ready in my gert for it to be nice and toasty. There gerts themselves are really homey and comfortable, not to mention decorated so nicely, with Mongolian pieces of decor. The whole time I was thinking to myself, "I'm not even craving a hotel bed or shower because the ones here are so comfy and nice". The beds were very comfortable and the blankets kept me very warm throughout the night.

Sustainability: I work in the sustainable tourism field and I've never come across such a glamping experience that is truly, 100% sustainable and energy efficient. I'd stay here again if I were considering a wilderness vacation, just to be able to lessen my carbon footprint while thoroughly enjoying myself in such a peaceful environment. From solar panels, to milk and cheeses made by the local families livestock (so healthy), to using the (boiled) river water for use of washing dishes, etc. to the toilet facilities, which were so lovely and clean but yet 100% regenerative and you'd never be able to tell!

Serenity: While there are plenty of activities to take advantage of while here such as wild Mongolian horseback riding (super fun!), archery, river rafting (so scenic!), sauna building, mountain bike rental (very fun!) etc., the staff won't bother you if all you do is want to be alone to relax inside or outside your gert. Rest assured, you'll be able to experience quiet nature with few sounds of people, which is wonderful. But, if you are looking to converse with others, as I was on day 3, having dinner with other guests in the same room helps if you're looking to socialize. While the camp was never full, there were people who wanted to converse over a cup of tea in the library or wine over dinner.

Food: The cuisine is nothing short of world class. I don't know where the chef studied culinary expertise, but she made up the most beautifully presented and delectable dishes day in and day out. Though, if you're not a meat eater, tell them before hand as they tend to eat a lot of meat in Mongolia and goat is a staple food in the summer months. They served a variety of world cuisine in addition to traditional Mongolian.

I can't wait to go back here again when I'm looking to recharge my batteries on a peaceful, remote, wilderness vacation. Look no further, this is the place to be in the Mongolian wild.

Thank you, to the staff and Jan at Jalman Meadows Wilderness Camp for the most peaceful stay of my 196 country, 3 year Expedition :).

Room Tip: away from restaurant, on the outside
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Cassandra D
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

This place is wonderful! They have excellent food, the location is fabulous and the activities are really awesome. We did the yak cart rafting and horse back riding. I highly recommend this place! The staff is thoughtful and very professional!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ellen H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights as a part of a longer journey with the transsibiren railway. This was my favourite place of the whole trip! It is a very silent and calm place where the life stock walks free in the open landscape. You live in comfy gers and falls asleep to the sound of the fire in the little fireplace. Great staff who gives their best to make sure your comfortable but never bored. We went for riding with the camps horses that runs free most off the time but still are easy to ride even tough you have no experience with horses before. We also went for at rafting trip on the river. First you walk or ride with the rafts on the jaks cart and then raft down river Tuul back to the camp. Food is really good.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 September 2015

This was the best camp we stayed at, the attention to detail from mirrors in the gers to being able to get a hot drink anytime, made it exceptional. The staff could not do enough for you, from lighting the fires in the ger, to loading up the bucket in the shower ger. The food was good breakfast was very good. It's situation means that it cannot be seen from the main track. The gers were the best decorated & most comfortable of our stay in Mongolia.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank r0bert870
Reviewed 5 July 2015

We were reluctant to stay here as they do not have private bathrooms. So glad we did! It was one of the best experiences we had during our entire Mongolia trip. Wow! Beautiful gers, excellent food and great activities. Wish we stayed longer!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mhnate
Andrea P, Guest Relations Manager at Jalman Meadows Wilderness Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2015

Dear traveler and guest,

Thanks so much for your kind response and endorsement. We are very appreciative. As you know, some of our accommodations have private baths while others do not. Either way, we are very proud of the comforts we are able to offer our guests in the remotest parts of Mongolia. We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon and, next time, please do stay longer!

Sincerely