“Impressive Monument”

Montsec American Monument
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Montsec
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The strategic importance of this location is clear when one sees the great observation capability of any troops holding the top of this hill. There are benches from which to enjoy the magnificent views and I had my lunch here.

1  Thank John16752024
in 3 reviews
"war"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Please, if you come to France to see where our soldiers fought and died, this is the one place to come to. It is amazing. As you come up to this memorial, your breath is taken away. You come through small towns and villages to get here and once at the top of this memorial you have a 360 degree view of the whole, lovely, country side. The map in the center ofthe memorial gives you the way the battle was fought. Please, stop here.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This monument does not receive the credit it deserves. First the view from this location is second to none - breathtaking! The monument is an impressive tribute to our soldiers who fought this incredible War. Don't miss this one.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I was taken here by French friends who thought I should see this magnificent tribute to America's history in WWI. It was only recently, while looking into my grandfather's past (he was an Italian soldier fighting with the American allies in France) did I realize he fought on what is now this hallowed ground. If you are anywhere in the Alsace region it is worth the trip here.

1  Thank S F
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Approaching this memorial I felt like I appeared in another world. All those small picturesque villages, each one with their own lovely church and of course WWI monument looked fabulously, drizzly weather gave them even mysterious hint. Building of the monument on the top of the only hill in the area is really magnificent, breathtaking, Staying in the center of it, watching clouds through the pillars made me feel like I was in heaven.
Being back home for a few days already I still can't stop thinking of this place and all those 600 thousand soldiers involved in the battle and in honor of whom this memorial was built.

3  Thank EvaF2Eva