We booked this for our 30th Wedding Anniversary and we loved every minute. There are 4 yurts on the property but this one, as well as being on a little island, has a lake all to itself. We loved it so much we booked again for next year the day after we got back home!
• All the facilities were excellent although we didn't use the Sauna.
• The wildlife was great with geese, ducks, heron, kingfishers, black swan and even deer.
• You have the use of a lovely little boat with an electric motor, we went fishing on the lake in it most days.
• Has a projector and DVD player with a screen that you can move to watch from either the living area or from the bed. Note there are already a lot of films that have been left be people.
• The bed was extremely comfortable
• Nice little dressing table
• There's no storage for clothes so be prepared to live out of a suitcase. TIP: use the coat stand for hanging clothes
Things to do
• We'd recommend visiting Beckford Silk next door.
• There’s a natural reserve opposite Beckford Silk, we can’t comment on it as we didn’t go there.
• There’s a pretty church in the village
• It's a good base for visiting lovely Cotswold villages
• We enjoyed the tranquillity, and mostly did, fishing, bbqing, reading and lounging in the hot tub drinking wine and looking at the stars
• The local shop is a 10 min walk. The shop is a bit limited so don't rely on it.
• There is an excellent shop a 5 min drive away called Teddington Stores that has a butcher’s inside so it's a great place to buy your BBQ food. There's also a coffee shop inside.
• Morrisons is just outside Tewksbury BUT even though this isn’t very far it takes a while to get to as the traffic is so bad.
• The local pub is a 20 min walk
• The pub is excellent we had a fantastic Sunday lunch there, the drink prices are a bit steep though but as we are from Bristol we are used to that.
• Beckford Silk next door has a great little cafe which does excellent food.
• If you want to go for a special meal we would recommend 'My Great Grandfathers' in Tewksbury as we had one of the best meals we've ever had in there.
• Make sure to bring plenty of food as once you've settled in you won't want to leave to do any shopping.
• The owners is very nice and willing to help with any questions or queries
The second time we have stayed at this wonderful yurt. It is a little piece of private heaven!
Fantastic views and totally away from the outside world.
Everything you need for a relaxing break, everything worked well, lighting, heating, kitchen.
Hot tub and outside area well lit and warm.
We will definitely return!!
The Yurt was just as advertised. It was clean and inside everything was as shown in the pictures. However the outside was a bit tired and could do with a bit more TLC. Fishing was excellent, Bed so very comfortable. It had all the amenities you will need. Cooker, Induction hob, Fridge, Freezer, Dishwasher, all in good order. Wonderful Chiminea. We toasted marshmallow and sat outside long into the evening. We just listened to music and fed the very friendly duck. Hot Tub would work well for a short while, then sort of give up. Not sure about the Sauna. I would much rather a good shower instead. But you can't have everything I guess. I would go back in an instance.
This was our 3rd vist to the Yurts. The 1st in The Secreat Island this place is just grand if you want to do nothing but chill out or if you like to walk then it has some fantastic country side.The owners are very frendly and helpful
i would say the only thing i think could improve this one would be a gas BQ like the secreat island yurt has but thats just me being lazy
to sit in the hot tub at night rain or shine no matter just MAGIC !
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
There are a lot of positives about this beautiful place... the nature, scenery, the two gorgeous geese and black swans who followed us everywhere, in particular.
However, the reason I would not rebook are to do with the night traffic. It totally spoilt a serene, calm peaceful break. On the Thursday night of our break, I was awake from midnight til 4 am trying to work out where the traffic noise was coming from... if it was motorway, low flying aircraft or some sort of train.
If you take earplugs for the nights you will have a wonderful week!!!