See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 October 2016

A boys weekend/midlife crisis/walk-till-we-drop kind of thing meant 2 nights (2 rooms!) at Gantier B&B at the end of September/beginning October was our base to tackle the Winchcombe Way. I have to say that John and Sue couldn’t have been nicer or more accommodating, including John dropping us off (day two) to a start point that was wayyyy out of his way! The B&B itself is lovely and very welcoming, yet you never felt that either party was intruding on the other. The whole experience was perfect, would 100% recommend. Many thanks!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

Booked over the phone for 3 nights,which was very easy and the landlord was very helpful. We arrived earlier than expected, but we were still given a warm welcome. As we were so early we just parked up and went for a walk around the village. There are some lovely thatched cottages and a pub with real ales.When we returned to book in, we were shown to a lovely well decorated room with en suite shower room, and ample storage. Even a box of games and puzzles to wile away the time. We went into the conservatory for tea and a lovely slice of home made cake. There was also a hospitality tray in our room which was restocked every day, and a flask of fresh milk (not powdered stuff) There was an excellent well cooked breakfast which you selected the main course from the menu the evening before. And good selection of cereals, fresh fruit and yogurt's, tea or coffee, toast etc. All of a very good quality too. This was served in the dining room overlooking the garden, at a time you had requested. John and Sue are really nice people, who have obviously worked hard to ensure their home is a welcoming, friendly place to stay. And its a handy base for visiting the Cotwolds.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

After deciding to treat ourselves to a couple of nights in the Cotswolds and after a couple of phone calls we were given the number of Gantier and how happy we were. Situated in a quiet lane in the village but only a 5 minute walk to the local pub . On arrival we were met by our host Sue who immediately offered us a tea and cake which was delicious and very much needed after a journey from the Wirral in continuous rain. We were then shown to our en suite room which was very tastefully decorated and as we found out later a very comfortable bed. To top it all breakfast was absolutely delicious, my husband loves a full English and this certainly met his expectations on both mornings and I equally enjoyed my healthy yoghurt with fresh fruit on the first morning and fresh salmon on a muffin on the 2nd. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts John & Sue and we will certainly be going back.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2016

I stayed in Gantier B&B for few nights per week over three weeks and absolutely enjoyed my stay. John and Sue are very pleasant hosts. They made every effort to make my stay as comfortable and pleasurable as possible. Sue cooked delicious meals for me every evening. My room was very clean and all the facilities that you might need were provided. It was a joy to wake up to the lovely countryside views. I had a comfortable and peaceful stay and highly recommend the Gantier B&B. I will definitely stay there again. Thank you so much John and Sue for being such lovely hosts :-)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Mahpouya2008
Reviewed 18 August 2015

We have just enjoyed a two night break at Gantier b and b. On arrival we were warmly welcomed by Sue and John with a pot of tea and delicious home made coffee cake in their lovely conservatory. We had booked the Oak Room which is at the front of the property and has a lovely view of the village Church. Breakfasts were delicious and perfectly cooked, and when we returned from visiting Sudeley Castle we were again offered tea and cakes in the conservatory. Alderton is a very pretty village, Cotswold stone, lots of thatched roofs, and colourful hollyhocks blooming everywhere and it is a very good base for visiting many places of interest in the area. Gantier is situated in a very quiet spot and we have no hesitation in recommending this b and b

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple