“I wouldnt bother going again”

The Butts Farm Rare Breeds, Farm Shop and Tea Room
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were finished within an hour of arriving (and we took our time...), the farm was very small, the owner was quite curt with both adults and children during the bottle feeding (not everyone is suited to working with the public, I'm not sure this lady was) and for £6 entrance fee I think I expected more. Small animal petting consisted of one rabbit and 3 gineau pigs, all looking a bit truamatised and huddling behind the assistant; being told to wait until they came to us meant not a lot of action happened! The site itself is pretty run down, toddlers have to beware of nettles and thistles practically everywhere. And the toys in the play park were very tired, one rocker had a handle snapped off so would have been dangerous to use. On the plus side the few pigs we saw were clean and happy looking Will stick to roves farm in future - they have lots to do, wonderful staff and well kept grounds. Left butts farm feeling quite flat at the whole experience

2  Thank Mandy W
in 7 reviews
"butcher"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This place is ideal for young children all sorts of farm animals. We where lucky when we went lots of just born animals to see. Easy to walk round field with things to climb over.
Ice was good. Food in the farm shop was good, the bacon looked good and later tasted very good. My only down is the price for children they all pay £6 I think under 5's could be £3 other than that it's OK...

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I can’t actually believe that somebody said the owner of the Butts Farm wasn’t lovely! They must have been mistaken or spoke to the wrong person! We took the family here recently, the owner was wonderful! The kids played happily outside while we tried some of the delicious food at the cafe. We bought some meat and left having had a great time! Ideal for a day trip from the Cotswold Water park! Love love love it!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We've visited before and enjoyed it so thought we'd return. We paid via a Groupon deal but when we arrived we were told the voucher couldn't be used on a weekend - this was not made clear on Groupon and have since re-checked and no, it is not stated.

I asked to speak to whoever was in charge and the lady owner came over and insisted the voucher couldn't be used, I pulled up the fine print on the confirmation and asked her to take a look, which she bluntly refused, we paid again and decided to continue the visit. The lad on the counter commented about the voucher, to which I replied we wouldn't be visiting again. The owner then came out and told me not to make snide comments!!

We decided to ask for our money back and we would leave, which the owner caused a complete fuss over, once again refusing to discuss the offer and generally being completely rude and unwelcoming.

For the sake of honouring the offer for a few quid, she's lost our repeat business as a family who would have returned many times. I'd advise you take some lessons in customer service or close your business to the public altogether as you ar clearly in the wrong game. Thanks for ruining our day, especially my little girl who was excited to see the animals. Will go somewhere more welcoming in future.

2  Thank Jody2728
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2018

The animals in the barn were great and the ability for my four year old granddaughter to hold chicks, rabbits, lambs and tortoises will be in her memory for ages. Sadly and not at all the fault of the farm was the weather had turned the site into a bit of a quagmire, we will definitely return when the weather improves. When washing the kids hands beware the sinks are in a through route to stables as I found out when I parked the baby buggy for it to be dragged aside by a grumpy woman with her horse. The play area is good with some new equipment but I would suggest removal of the old stuff as I am sure it is an insurance claim waiting to be made. One of the best bits of the day was when the kids came face to face with piglets running freely around the play area, they loved it.

1  Thank Mr_HappyWiltshire