43 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (6 155)
6 156 results
5 261
5 261
All reviews lupita lounge isla grill plunge pool lupita restaurant casita suite story casita natura bar ocean view terrace aqua viva room service boutique resort sushi lobby bar small resort beach concierge seasons tours our honeymoon
Selected filters
108 - 113 of 6 156 reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2021

This is the first international trip for us since the pandemic. Our stay at Beloved Playa Mujeres from March 27th to April 2nd was wonderful. The staff is exceptional, the food is very high quality. The facilities is meticulously maintained. The best bar is the lobby bar. Everyone is very kind and attentive. I recommend this resort to anyone who wants a high quality relaxing, beach vacation.

Room tip: Stay on the ground floor suite near the beach and La Isla Trattoria
1  Thank nolanm244
The Excellence Collection, Other at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your recent stay at Beloved Playa Mujeres and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers.

It is our pleasure to read that our resort and amenities exceeded your expectations, making you feel relaxed and pampered all the time. Our commitment is to make every guest experience, as exceptional and unique as it can be.

Thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay, due to our hotel facilities, the food & drinks quality encountered, amusing entertainment, and the outstanding service provided by our colleagues.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and have another opportunity to pamper you with our superb service. Please, receive our warmest regards from The Excellence Collection.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

The title says it all, Simply The Best! We travelled for a short 4 night to make up for our missed trip this past Summer (Covid closure) in mid-March. This was our 4th time to visit Beloved and already have our 5th trip planned for June. Beloved is the only place where I feel like I can truly unwind, relax, and just enjoy everything around me. Great food, drinks, rooms, facilities, beach, pools and perfect atmosphere. The one thing that truly takes Beloved to the next level is the uncompromised personal service from EVERYONE! We feel like we are coming back to visit old friends and family every time we visit Beloved. I'm not sure you can put a price tag on that experience. Cannot wait to get back soon.

Room tip: Love the Beachfront Casitas, but the swim-up this past trip was great as well.
4  Thank Brad L

Dear Brad,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres once again and for taking the time to share this review with the TripAdvisor community.

We are very glad to hear from you that we are able to surpassed your expectations one more time in all aspects, which are carefully taken care of, and you enjoyed your stay with us thank you to the outstanding service provided by our lovely colleagues, who went above and beyond to make you feel pampered since their attitude is intended to exceed the expectations of all our guests and provide them with a memorable guest experience. It is also lovely to know how memorable was your getaway due to the good food quality you encountered at any restaurant you attended, and amusing entertainment provided. We will pass your kind words along to the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and have another opportunity to pamper you with our attentive service creating another unforgettable experience. Please, receive our warmest regards from The Excellence Collection.

Reviewed 2 April 2021

My wife and I will be back very soon and continue to come here as our number one place to visit in the world for relaxation. We have a lot of experience with many resorts and beloved is by far the best. In 2020 we had to book 2 trips in other high rated resorts because beloved was closed due to covid. They were terrible. You really can't explain how great the people and services are at beloved. You have to come and see for yourself.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Axel2021718

Dear Axel,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your holiday destination and for taking the time to share this review with the TripAdvisor community.

It is our pleasure to know that our colleagues, property and amenities exceeded your expectations, making you feel relaxed and pampered all the time.

At The Excellence Collection, we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction to provide the best vacation experience ever.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another getaway. We will be pleased to make you another wondrous adventure time. Please, receive our warmest regards from The Excellence Collection.

Reviewed 1 April 2021

This resort is hands down the best place to stay on earth! We travel often and everywhere. This resort is a must for us every year, six years running with no end in sight! Highly recommend once you go you will realize.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank stephengarraty
The Excellence Collection, Other at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Dear guest,

Reviewed 31 March 2021

My wife and I visited the Beloved for 9 nights in late-March 2021, and it was our 8th time to the resort. The first time was in 2010, when it was about a year old. And like a fine wine, it gets better with age! We have traveled to many other places in Mexico, Hawaii, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic and elsewhere. Before we discovered the Beloved, we never stayed in the same place twice. So it's pretty obvious that this place is special to us. As the other reviews have said, it's the wonderful people that work there that make it so special. Many of them we first met on our first visit over 10 years ago - and they are still there and like family.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the same bellhop who greeted us on our first stay, the wonderful Mex (if you want to pronounce his name correctly, it's "mesh"). My wife actually broke down in tears when she saw him, partly out of happiness, and partially because she knows what a tough last year he and staff had during the shutdown. He brought our luggage up to our ocean view room, the same room we stayed in about a year ago (this was thanks to the fantastic manager Walter who knew we loved that room).

I'd like to bring up a few changes to the resort, although I suspect that most or all of these are temporary due to covid, but repeat visitors may like a heads-up. For one, there is no breakfast buffet. I loved the breakfast buffet, it was one of my favorites - full of amazing selections. This may be because the resort is only at about 50% capacity. The great beach concierge Christian said that many guests miss the breakfast buffet. But now the 2 breakfast restaurants are only order a la carte from the menu. Speaking of menus, there are no more paper menus. They ask you to install an app on your phone when you check in and all of the menus are only available electronically. They can bring you a tablet if you don't have your phone available. I really try to avoid using my phone on vacation, and I prefer a paper menu. But I assume (hope!) these things are temporary. They also do not have all the restaurants open at the same time but instead rotate them daily. It's totally fine and there was never a wait to get a table (and no reservations needed for any of them). There is also no more daily activities sheet left in your room each night. That is also available on the app. They also took down the activities board. I suspect that this is because there are a lot less activities due to the reduced number of guests, so they didn't want to have board up that had a lot of blank spots. A couple of changes to the room were lower water pressure and the fact that the AC can't be turned below 70 degrees F (previously went down to 65). I assume both of these are cost cutting measures to make up for all of the lost revenue in the last year. When we mentioned it, they actually were able to turn up the water pressure A LOT. I was surprised, I didn't know this was something they could control so easily. But they couldn't change the AC. It was still comfortable, it just took us a couple of days to adjust as we just came from cold Seattle.

Those were really the only negatives, and again I assume they are temporary for the most part. And these were all really minor and did not diminish our experience much at all. Let's move to the good stuff!

I was worried that the gym wouldn't be open, but it was!

The food is amazing, not just amazing for an all-inclusive, just simply amazing. We ate at all the 4 restaurants several times, and everything was good. If you don't like what's on the menus, then they can probably make you anything that you'd like. One night the friendly and talented chef Marcelina at El Mar made us a custom, traditional mexican meal that was out-of-this-world! She is a treasure. Another highlight is the sushi available in the Lupita Lounge. Sushi chef Jesus prepared a delicious assorted platter, that was presented artistically. The daily specials on the beach were also incredible. I especially liked the taquitos!

The beach is top-notch, and there is always a good chair/lounger available. I would recommend renting a beach cabana at least once. They are at the front of the beach, with both a covered padded lounger bed and 2 chairs right in front for sunbathing. You also get a bucket of ice with cold water and champagne and whatever you'd like. It also comes with a really nice fruit platter.

The rest of the grounds are just as beautiful, well-maintained and immaculate as we've come to expect. Their impressive staff seems to be working around the clock on landscaping, cleaning, painting etc.

But what really sets this place apart is the staff. Incredibly amazing people! The beach waiters, Oscar and Alex, have been there since the beginning I think. They are just the best and come around very frequently. Our "old friend" Ingrid (she's very young!), greeted us every morning with her bright, sunny and cheerful demeanor at La Isla. Also there is another long-timer, Victor, who is just as pleasant and professional as ever. The hotel manager Walter has also been there for a few years and he is so courteous and good at his job. It's almost like magic how he checks up on the guests and somehow knows if they have had any issues and tries to ensure that you have the best trip ever. Kenia is a nice addition as a restaurant manager. It was also nice to see Karla and Martha in the restaurants. All of these people remember us like they've known us forever! And of course I can't go without mentioning the great Alberto in the Lupita Lounge. He's super friendly, and very knowledgeable when it comes to drinks. Ask him for his advice. I know I'm forgetting a lot of other great staff, and I'm sorry if I forgot you. The great thing about this being a "small" resort (109 rooms) is that the staff gets to know you very quickly, and you see them over and over.

Overall, this place is fantastic, and we tell everyone about it. A year ago my parents traveled with us and they were blown away by the service, food and grounds, and they have traveled to many different places.

We'll be back again for our 9th time, 10th time, etc.

1  Thank Brian K