“Great hidden gem!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was great, atmosphere great, service great, will definitely come back! Hogfish & Chips delicious & huge servings!
Key lime pie for dessert a must!

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (4 261)

16 - 20 of 4 261 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Never had Hogfish before and it was delicious! Had the Buffalo Hogfish Sliders and Blackened Hogfish tacos! Both excellent! It was just as described. Sweet and flaky white fish.
The margaritas were absolutely fabulous and service was excellent!
Great atmosphere, is little off the beaten path but well worth discovering!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner at the Hogfish Bar and Grill during the week in January. The restaurant was quite busy, but the service was very good. The food was also very good and the atmosphere was better than an average bar.

My wife had the seafood mixed grill and was very satisfied with it. I had an appetizer of peel and eat shrimp which was good. However, the highlight of the meal was the hogfish sandwich. I had it fried, but it can be prepared a number of different ways. The large piece of fish comes on a Cuban roll and is smoothered in Swiss cheese, grilled onions and mushrooms. It was delicious and is served with a huge portion of French fries.

There were several items on the menu I wanted to try, so I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Key West. I strongly suggest you check them out!

1  Thank dreadzepp1986
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Food was pretty good but more expensive than I thought it was worth. The server tried to give good service but seemed to have more tables that she could take care of.

2  Thank MR_T_29681
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

If you are looking for bad seafood that is over priced. This is your place. Not only was the food bad, I am pretty sure the health department would shut this place down. Sat and watched the bartender pour her a shot. They use the same shaker to make every drink. The bartender did pour some strong drinks. You are better off getting a beer! They dip your glass into the ice instead of using a scoop! The bathrooms were gross. I got the shrimp and grits. It had more sausage than shrimp. It was extremely salty. But I will say our waistress was friendly. Save your money!

1  Thank M237GCpamelac