Reviews (1 385)
1 385 results
1 017
1 017
All reviews day trippers outdoor shower chalong pier garden pool sunset restaurant the general manager small island deluxe villa our honeymoon earth cafe fire grill public beach thai food club del mar f b manager lobby bar resort grounds
331 - 336 of 1 385 reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Everything was incredible!!! I don't usually write reviews for places but this one is worth the time...

We decided to go on our honeymoon to Phuket specifically to spend 5 nights at The Racha (among other places). Two people recommended this place to us in one day and I knew it was meant to be! My husband and I were not disappointed at all.

We received a room upgrade after flight dramas that delayed us a day. The staff were incredible - we literally felt like we were on a private island resort by ourselves with people waiting on us hand and foot. The snorkelling was amazing, the food was 5 star and the service was impeccable. Staff were so friendly and the whole resort was very romantic. Tourists arrive on the beach during the day but we had the beach to ourselves in the mornings and nights.

Cannot speak higher of this place - I hope we will be able to visit again for a wedding anniversary. Will recommend it to all I speak to.

Room tip: Let them know when booking if it is your honeymoon for some little extras ;)
Date of stay: April 2015
1  Thank Caiktin
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Dear Caiktin:

Thank you for the fabulous review of our resort! I am very pleased to know that you had an enjoyable time with us and I have enjoyed sharing your feedback with the team.
It is indeed our goal to provide our guests with a memorable stay.

Since you are planning to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us, please do hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance. My email contact : gm@theracha.com.

We certainly will look forward to welcoming you back for another special moments with us.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

Beautiful property that's perfect for couples. Great break from the craziness of Phuket. It's so nice and remote that it's almost a shame to post about it! (Though the beach can get crowded during the day as other boats come in and out with visiting tourists but it's fine as they aren't allowed onto the property)

Date of stay: December 2015
1  Thank bena182
Devan B, General Manager at The Racha, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear Ben A:

Thank you truly for the lovely review and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to know you had a relaxing time here enjoying the facilities away from Phuket. The efforts and commitment from the team are commendable and will enjoy sharing your comments with them.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we would all be so delighted to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 6 December 2015

It was our fourth time at The Racha after 2010, 2012 and 2014. I am sure it wasn’t our last. The island is just a 40 minutes boat trip vom Chalong Pier in Phuket. We had a very warm welcome and felt immidiately at home. We stayed at a new Junior Pool Suite with seperated living and bedroom, a pool, an outside shower and two patios. The suite was equiped with a bose sound system and a jura coffee machine. We loved the room.
The beach in front of the hotel is amazing. Powdered sugar sand and turquoise water. There are some daytrippers between 10:00 am and 3:00 p.m but they didn’t bother us. As there are no beachchairs allowed in Thailand anymore it doesnt’t look as crowded as the years before – except for the number of boats in the bay. Many oft hem are diving boats. You can see a lot of fish, even while snorkeling. We stayed 13 nights and were not bored on the island. We spent a lot of time snorkelig, reading, at the spa, the gym, biking, kajaking, stand up paddling and exploring the island. We had two fantastic walks with the general manager Dewan. The first one to an amazing viewpoint with wine and beer at the end and the second one around the island to see all the other beaches.
The Food is very good. Most of the time we had dinner at the sunset restaurant and the earth cafe. The buffet at the loy krathong festival was the best. I also recommend the sunset bar for happy our between 5:30 and 6:30. It has a special atmosphere when you have the batok bay all for yourselves.
It is still the people that make this place very unique compared to other five star hotels. Everyone is eager to make your time special. Thanks to Dewan the General Manger, Bandid the Room Division Manager, Tony the „Entertainer“, Mimie, Oh, A and Chien, just to mention a few.

2  Thank nuthole1

Dear nuthole1:

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us again. The Racha is still the same as before and we will keep it that way. I am very certain that my team will be pleased to hear your comments.

We hope to see you again next year.

Devan Bhaskaran

Reviewed 1 December 2015

Stayed here for 8 nights for my wife's birthday. A car collected us from our accommodation on Phuket and took us to Racha's office at the dock. Waited for transfer by boat to the resort. This was abit of a painful process, hanging around for 2 hours. Accommodation, we ask to move as the first room was in hearing distance of the kitchen ventilation. The room had a pool but it is at the back of the accommodation so not that great as it had no view and was bascially inside. Activities available, Spa, snorkelling, cycling, massage etc.

Room tip: Room 102 is great.

Dear Banglorebob4:

Thank you very much for your kind review. The Racha is truly a great place for couples. We have taken note of your concerns and my apologies for the service defects during your stay with us. I will certainly share your review with the team and ensure we have the defects rectified for in coming guests.

Please contact me directly if your travel plans takes you to this part of Thailand.
Email Contact : gm@theracha.com

Best regards

Reviewed 1 December 2015 via mobile

From the moment of arrival it was fantastic. The people, quality of food and service was superb. The villas are spacious, bright and clean with a great outdoor shower.
There are three pools (tip - go under water & listen to the music!) and hammocks on the seafront. It does get chaotic on the beach with the day trippers but is good for people watching!!

We hired bikes one day and cycled the island (free of charge). We did the walk lead by Devon the general manager which was a great way to discover more about the island and kindly finished with a complimentary drink and Pond kindly walked us to the viewpoint on a different day which was great.

Yoga was fantastic. Amazing teacher and varied classes. I wish she could come with us so we can practice yoga daily!! Classes are twice daily.

A special mention must go out to Tony, Yuyi and Pong who went out of their way to accommodate our every need and it really made a difference.

There were little niggles if I am to be candid such as it was often difficult to translate what you would like to the staff at the front desk and the ladies on the desk of the spa reception weren't welcoming which immediately put us off booking a spa treatment which we would normally have.

The key question is would you go back and do we wish we were still there... Yes we do!!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoManxies

Dear TwoManxies:

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You have said it all, we strive to provide the best vacation experience for all of our guests. I have shared your review with the team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Best regards