“They have comes along way!”
Review of Flame

Flame
Ranked #47 of 253 Restaurants in Choeng Thale
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great Rotisserie in the Garden, choose from Roast Chicken or Ribs or three great Shawarmas, Chicken, Lamb or Beef.Some of Phuket's finest Pizza baked in a wood fired oven.All enjoyed in a superb garden setting.
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Have been here a few times and saw that it made a certain changes over time to make it better. The new interior layout is much better than the old ones. The service level is better than previously but could have been better. The menu and food is very consistent. Chicken Caesar salad is very nice, grilled chicken is not bad and pasta is tasty. However, you seem to get less of the portion if you are ordering 2 of the same dishes at the same time and the bread that come together with the salad is always running out and the substitution is terrible. Most of the restaurant is always willingly to substitute something better and not worst than. If you order a whole chicken, instead of giving you a whole chicken from the rotisserie, they will give you once half left over from previous order and another half from whole new one. You ended up with 2 different half with different texture. Taking the definition of first in first out to the new level. With that being said, the price is reasonable and overall, it was a nice dinner as they tend to have the best desert ever. Little more twist to the points mentioned below will make this a fabulous place to dine.

OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Flame, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Dear 743kcnguyen72,
Thank you for having dined with us at FLAME and for having returned.
Delighted on the ups and much appreciate your positive feed back on the "to improve....."
See you again soon to see more changes...

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

We used to go there when it's called Grill/Bake and we enjoyed the lamb wrap, the juicy Lucy burger, piri piri chicken.

Positive:
1. There were still quite a few kinds of food you can choose from: Japanese, pasta, bake and from grill.

2. There are indoor and outdoor seats.

3. They used to have THE BEST chocolate dessert (the half ball-shaped chocolate) all over Phuket. Today we noticed the obvious change, we didnt order.

Negative:
1. Waitresses were eager to take away the empty bottle or the plates without asking you whether we finished or not.

2. Food quality and price:
Juicy lucy burger became smaller, the price went up from Bt 290 to Bt 320;
Lamb wrap used to be served with really good lamb, no big piece of lamb fat in between. Today the lamb had at least 15g of lamb fat, unedible, see the 3rd photo. And the price went up from Bt 220 to Bt 290.

3. The bathroom had no paper towels

4. Outside seats, you might see big toads like we did, no panic.

OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Flame, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Dear lian1983phuket,
Thank you for having returned and dine with us again.
Appreciate the plus and equally the minus, we took good note of your comments and suggestions and will work on them.
With regards to prices, after 3 years of holding prices we had to adjust them to reflect to the costs of the raw material we acquire.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I took my daughters here and we wanted to order the waiter was rude talking about us to staff looking back at us. I am lactose intolerant and asked for no cheese no peppers on my food I repeated myself just to make sure he understood he says you don't have to tell me twice you already told me that's enough and walked off.
My food arrived with peppers I say I didn't want peppers on my food he said bad luck looks at me and walks off, the food was disgusting and I couldn't eat it.
On leaving I asked one of the other waiters if he was the boss and they said yes I said I felt sorry for them having to work for someone like that.
I have run my own company now for 25 years and never would l treat my customers like this good luck in having a business in 12 months you keep treating people the way you treated us you will end up with no business. Your staff are amazing working with you.

OlivierGibaud, General Manager at Flame, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Dear Gigicham,
Thank you for choosing TripAdvisor for communicating with me.
I won't reply to your post as your description of your experience doesn't fit at all our company standards and history.
I would however much appreciate if you could contact me directly at olivier@twinpalms-group.com so we can discuss further this surely unique dining experience.
Looking forward to read or hear from you.

Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We are eating here at the moment and can't find anything positive to say except for the menu choice and location / decor.

The small pizza we ordered for our toddler was covered in dried herbs that we had to scrape it to make it palatable. I ordered a small portion (be aware this is TINY) of pasta and the garlic was so burnt it tasted quite nasty. When I just told the waiter he just said they would make it better next time. Terrible response as highly unlikely we will return. The chef just also dropped my husbands kebab wrap on the floor and has picked it up and continued to use it.

Bottom line - looks good and lots of choice, but food, hygiene and actual quality (burnt!!) is bad. Shame as we were thinking of coming for breakfast tomo but definitely won't be returning.

2  Thank Joanna M

Dear Joanna M,
Thank you for having chosen to visit FLAME.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us except as you pointed out the location, menu choice and decor.
Surely the reply of our staff was inappropriate and it will be corrected. As to the food dropped on the floor and not thrown away I will not argue however we have very strict and international practices, we are currently reviewing our internal production CCTV based on your comment date.
I can only recommend you give us a second chance.
Hopefully see you again soon for breakfast this time.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

Ate at Flame that also goes under the name of Bake. Sat inside and it was cool and very clean.

The food was OK. Nothing amazing but the kids (aged 17,16,13 and 11) all ate their food and enjoyed it.

This would be a place where you could find a meal for everyone and they would enjoy it.

Saw lots of families in the restaurant and kids all happy and enjoying the food. I think if you have fussy eaters, this would be the place where you would find them something they would like.

Dear Venessa K,
Thank you for having visited as a family FLAME.
Delighted to read that everyone had a good time.
See you again soon for more.