All reviewsthe cottageswater trampolinethe air conditioningdocksplaygroundblastfishingunitpigeonboatamenitiesstressweekendrentalpitsseasongrounds
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I visited for the May long weekend with family, and from beginning to end had a very stress free and relaxing stay. The staff accomodated our late evening check in, and was there for anything that we may need. The cabins were very modern and came with everything we would need. We felt very at home. The kids loved the playground and trampoline and the kayaks. They even had a little area sectioned off near the docks where small kids could swim and be safe. Would definately reccomend this resort and we will be staying again!

Patricia
Hamilton, ontario

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked a cottage late and we're pleasantly surprised to get a booking at Blue Pigeon Resort. On arrival we were very pleased to find a very clean and neat cottage ready for us. We had a picturesque view of the lake and bay off of Pigeon Lake, with new docking for boaters. The over all resort is still being built but is very much ready for the quest they are having right now.
The resort was clean net and tidy, grass cut, a clean play area for kids & a very clean pool area. Each cottage was also equipped with propane BBQ ready to go. The only thing you need to bring are cloths, food, personal items & bedding to have a great time. The WiFi signal was very strong & the Satellite service was very good.
We were only fishing off the dock witch is slow for adults, but for kids with worms, it would keep them entertained for hours, but I must say my wife one evening did get a Pickerel over 15" and we each got a bass over 12" off the docks.
Overall we had a very relaxing vacation & Matt's had many chipmunks and squirrels to have her attention on. Just a heads up there is other wildlife in the area and a very short distance from the entrance to the resort we say a Dear grazing in the grass just off the road.

Thx to Blue Pigeon Resort
For a great vacation.
Robert Guthrie

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 7 June 2018

A BIG Thank you to Julie and her parents at Staff at Blue Pigeon Resort. We had friends come from England to stay in Canada for the first time. Initially they were booked to stay at a resort on Big Bald. Let's just say the resort was the most unclean and unkept resort I have ever seen and I was embarrassed that this was their first impression of Canada and the Kawarthas. I called around to find another place for them and Julie and her staff bent over backwards to accommodate them. The Blue Pigeon Resort is absolutely beautiful. It's clean and quaint and just what you need to experience what the Kawarthas and Trent System is all about. For those who say the WiFi didn't work ..... this isn't the "big City", please understand that it is out of the owners control if there are dead zones - that's just the nature of being outside urban centres. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie S
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Ben the caretaker was fantastic. Owners don't live on site.The day I arrived there was no safe adequate boat to use. Also no Wifi, suprise! After a snarky argumentative phone call from the owners daughter, Ben finally put together a boat to fish with. Last full day I was there some guy showed up wandering around, not even polite enough to introduce himself. Apparently was the owner?! That night I received several rude, inflammatory, and threatening texts on my cellphone while fishing from owner and daughter, saying I had not paid for the boat and needed to return IMMEDIATELY!. Returned and explained I wasnt checking out till next day at noon and thought it had already been paid for with cabin payment. Have never been treated like that on vacation. The owner and his daughter need to learn how to treat people. Just awful Much better places to stay on Pigeon Lake. Will NEVER go back.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gavin832
Reviewed 17 August 2017

When we arrived we immediately noticed that the resort was not as nice as the website depicted. The grounds as you entered the driveway were not kept up very well and it was quite messy. The cottage we stayed in (Falcon) was not very clean. They do have an large heated in ground pool which the kids loved. They do have a lot of amenities onsite including a trampoline, playground, canoes, kayaks, water trampoline, as well as Sea-Doo's that you can rent for a reasonable price. This place could be amazing if the grounds were kept up better and if they cleaned up the "beach" area by the water trampoline.
They do have wifi but you have to pay to use the wifi

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family