“Superb”

Taruga Benagil Tours
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Lagoa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Boat trip para visitar todas as 20 Grutas de Benagil. Saídas apartir da Praia de Benagil durante todo o ano.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had loads of fun on this boat ride. We took a private tour for 3 people. Our guide was Santos and he was awesome. He took us to amazing caves, told us the history of the place, he made it super fun. I totally recommend the experience. Hope you get Santos!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 159)
All reviews
"amazing tour"
in 7 reviews
"james bond"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"beautiful experience"
"boat trip to see"

87 - 91 of 1 159 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

After I was in a cave trip booked from Lagos I was very dissapointed. So I tried again with a tour from Benagil. It was amazing! Santos, our guy, was very funny and helpfull and nice with us. He told us a lot of stories abut the caves and everything was perfect! Please ask about him whem you book. I trully recomand this tour of 1:15 h. It's more than perfect! Thank you for a great day!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We choose the 30 minutes express tour from Benagil beach and the route was amazing, we visited up to 8 caves with time enough to take pictures at all of them. Also we visited the famous Benagil cave which is the biggest and famous cave in the zone.
The price was 15€/adult and 10€/children

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the tour! Visited numerous caves including the infamous Benagil cave. I would recommend the “Traditional visit” 1hr 15mins, to really get a good insight into all the nearby caves as there are loads! By all means go for longer if you wish, but I wouldn’t recommend going for any less time than the 1hr 15mins visit.

If you are worried about taking cameras, my girlfriend and I were fine with DSLR’s and phones. Just use a bit of common sense - don’t hang out of the boat too much when moving to prevent water splashing on your camera and make sure its secured. If taking photos/video on your phone then hold on tight while boat is moving. We were really pleased with how some of the pics came out. Obviously try sit at the front of the boat if possible so you don’t get peoples heads in.

Also might be worth phoning ahead to book over the phone in case its busy!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We booked online for a couple of days later, the day before we were advised that the usual area to get on the boat was experiencing very rough tides so we could go from another location or choose another date. We opted to go from portimaõ marina, but it was so worth the extra journey time. The staff were very friendly and everyone on the boat was given lots of information, several languages were spoken to ensure nobody missed out. There was about 16 on our boat, you have to straddle the seats, a bit like sitting on a bicycle, and everyone had a life jacket on. The caves we visited were breathtaking, we managed to get inside a few with lots of opportunities for photos. I thought for the almost 2 hours that we were out it was very good value for money. Only word of warning is that you will get wet, very very wet, but for us it just added to the fun.