All reviews the cliff nice villa in house tennis wedding guests driver komang blissful indonesia gym butler
Reviewed 19 May 2017

Beautiful villa and surroundings on top of a cliff. staff very courteous, food nice. We attended a wedding and it was a perfect setting. Everybody made us feel very welcome. We will come back to this paradise in Bali

Room tip: All rooms are fantastic
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Nyoman Y, General Manager at Sinaran Surga Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Els,
There is nothing we want more than you enjoyed your stay !
On behalf of the company, management, and all of the staff we are thanking you for your recent stay and your great review.
We do look forward to welcoming you again to Sinaran Surga.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

Very nice Villa. Very spacious and comfortable. You really feel like home. The place is exactly as the pictures show. The Villa is very clean and the beds are amazing. The whole staff were very kind and attentive.
The best part was having a driver at your disposal the whole time. Komang was very friendly. He was like our private tour guide.

The only critic that I have, is that the staff is in the villa the whole time, so is a little bit awkward and uncomfortable to have someone looking at you instead of leaving you alone.

The front Villa is very nice too and it has an amazing pool. It's too big for my taste but perfect for a big group with a lot of bedrooms and perfect privacy. I prefer the Angin Laut Villa, is more cozy. Having some drinks around the pool and the fire watching the sunset is magical! Definitely would go back again!

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I had my wedding at Villa Cahaya as I simply fell in love with the amazing view and location from previous viewings. I thought staying at the villa itself would be an over the top luxury dream but it was far from it. We stayed at Villa Cahaya for 3 nights.

The service is Definitely NOT worth the money! The staff would always just sit around talking instead of working, not the 4-5 star luxury service that you are paying top dollar for. The rooms weren't cleaned satisfactorily and were never fully restocked with toiletries from the minute we arrived.

Within half an hour of checking into Cahaya 4 of the 5 bedrooms air-conditioning stopped working and the rooms were at ambient temperature in no time, the staff flustered around for a bit and then put portable aircons in 2 of the rooms which weren't anywhere near good enough as humidity was over 80% and we had the wedding on the next day. On the big day the was only one air conditioned room to get ready in which meant everyone except the bride & bridesmaids were getting ready in hot rooms and sweating heavily before the wedding!
In my opinion this is a huge issue and was not resolved for our entire 3 night stay. We never received any compensation or complimentary service for the inconvenience, nor even an apology!

Our breakfast orders would come out one at a time with up to 5 min gaps between people and were always missing something and made for the wrong person even though everyone filled out an individual order form the night before.
The percolated coffee was always cold and tasted awful plus they charge you to use the espresso coffee machine, which we were told after 2 days, this is ridiculous considering the cost of the villa per night. We also always had to ask for the fridge to be restocked with cold water. Most of the staff didn't even speak much English and seemed to never know what to do around you.

We used the on site driver once and he had no idea where anything was and we had to show him how to use Google maps!

We also had to ask the staff to clean the windows, stairs, and floors from marks & dust prior to the wedding, you would think this would standard procedure!
I also feel as though the bedrooms should have been cleaned twice on the wedding day, so that when you go to bed after your big day there isn’t empty water bottles & pre wedding makeup, hair accessories still throughout the room!

The villa itself is beautiful, very old balinese style. The luscious green garden out the back is perfect for wedding photos as is the front view over the infinity pool. The bedrooms are very large and all have there own bathrooms which is nice.
There is no TV’s in the bedrooms, this didn't bother me but did bother some of the others, there was one in the downstairs living room although it didn’t work.

The lighting in the bedrooms/bathrooms is so dark at night that you can barley see what you are doing.

Overall if I was to do it all again I would have payed a bit more and had the wedding somewhere just as nice but with exceptional service and facilites like The Ungasan or Karma Kandara.
Sinaran Surga Estate has an amazing view but nothing more than that.

Date of stay: October 2016
4  Thank haras2

Dear Sarah,
Its been more than half a year since your staying with us so hope this is not too late to thank you for taking the time to advise us your experience during your stay at Sinaran Surga. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

It was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us, whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, we do extend it with all sincerity. We certainly empathies regarding the points you mention in your review, the experienced in the rooms and the poor service you received as a result.

That level of service is certainly not acceptable but just an update for you we can assure that a follow up actions have been taken to all the concerned matter by having a deep measure to our procedures, improvement to all our staff abilities, villa services and facilities, especially to anticipate an event which is involving many participants whilst keeping the privacy and comfortness of the staying guest.

Again, please accept our humble apology and I hope this has not put you off a return stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Beautiful villa and grounds. We had a wedding here and everything went well. Staff are mostly courteous and food was ok. Very relaxing place.
Only downside we experienced was:
1) A few small gifts for friends were taken from a room when being cleaned.
2) Pool was being cleaned one day so we couldn't use it for half day, then after that it was a bit murky. Would be better to do cleaning after guests have left.
3) On the morning of leaving, last things to get just before going in the car:
- Staff said there wasn't any champagne left in the fridge - when clearly I had provided a bottle the day before and made them recheck and get it for me.
- I had a Gin bottle still 1/3 full which I was intending to take away with me. It was on the shelf in the morning, then disappeared when I went to collect as leaving.
- I had a portable cooler bag with 2x bottles of spirits. It was on the table in the morning, then I found it on the floor behind a pillar near the staff door when I went to collect it as leaving.

Overall - place is absolutely stunning and service was generally good. Excellent venue for a wedding.

LOCK everything you own away in your suitcase, even if you have locked your room - and keep an eye on your drinks!
PS The driver with the Villa (Ismat) is fantastic.

Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank Alaskan_Aurora
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Me and my partner stayed for the business trip around bali, and we never expected that the villa was soo beautifully created. From design of building to the location that perched on the hill facing the vast ocean...This place so far after our trip is the best experience spent your holiday. I enjoyed every inch of spaces and feel comfort with the staff that keep the villa neat and clean, we were checked in at 11 pm and staff helpfull...food is good especialy the indonesian dishes, and many restaurant nearby if you wanna spent time at the beach. i tried the spa bale massage and therapist doing so well on hard pressure. I will recomend this villa to friend and hopefully will comeback soon.

Room tip: rooms on the front facing the ocean
Date of stay: March 2016